Sign in to follow this  
jonbon

New member!

Luthier

Very, very nice watch!!!

Congrats!!!

bunt

not to hijack the thread here, but i felt that my question was similar enough in nature to ask here (jonbon, let me know if you want me to shut up and start my own thread).

im also a new member and ive been trying to find a good rep (swiss pref, asian otherwise) of the iwc 5001-07 port. now as i have been searching/reading, im getting confused. are all of the iwc port reps unreliable? the 3714s i know have known reliability issues due to the 6' sec hand sub, but do the 5001s have issues as well as they have the sec hand at 9'? should i rather go franken (and is it even possible with the 5001 movement?). why do the parnis models that are so popular (and which look great as well) have no reliability issues, as i think they have the second sub at the 6' position as well?

ps - oh and btw, nice watches!

Edited by bunt

greg_r

The secs@9 models are pretty solid as that's the default configuration for the movement used. You should be fine :lol:

The Parnis (and some cheaper reps) are reliable because they don't use 7750 movements - they tend to use one of the '21J' family of movements, which are better able to copy with secs@6, but are low-beat (so the second hand isn't as smooth).

jonbon

Well, could not resist.. :lol:

Went to an AD and tried a gen Portuguese on, what a watch. Pictures REALLY do not do this watch justice! Smaller and much more elegant than I perceived.

So, placed an order with Mary for a white/blue combo!

The waiting game begins.

Anybody know how long it takes from she orders from the factory till she has photos?

bunt

thanks greg_r!

jonbon, i know what you mean. i tried a gen port and that (and the PAMs) are why i am on this forum. post up pics when you get it man!

greg_r
Well, could not resist.. :popcorn:

Went to an AD and tried a gen Portuguese on, what a watch. Pictures REALLY do not do this watch justice! Smaller and much more elegant than I perceived.

So, placed an order with Mary for a white/blue combo!

The waiting game begins.

Anybody know how long it takes from she orders from the factory till she has photos?

It varies, but usually within a day or two.