Sign in to follow this  
kenanalkadi

shipping tothe USA

kenanalkadi

I just ordered the breitling navi from Mary and I am wondering about customs and taxes at the border and possibly having the watch seized because its a rep.

How can I avoid all this? Can I maybe have her write on the package that it is a watch being returned for servicing?

How have you fellow americans been dealing with this?

Thanks

Kenan

joefratguy

I really wouldn't worry about it. Its part of the game. I've had about 20 watches shipped and none have been seized. You have to factor in that it does sometimes happen and the good dealers usually work with you if it happens. Mary is very experienced and you shouldn't have a problem and even if one does arise she'll work with you on a solution.

KBH

Don't worry about it. 99.9% get through without a look. If Customs get's it Mary will replace it.

AllergyDoc

The dealers are pros at this. Leave it to them. Most have a replacement policy: they'll replace the watch if it gets seized by customs. (See each dealer's section for details. Some of Robert's cheapies don't have this "insurance", you have to pay a little more if you want it covered). It costs them if a watch gets lost or seized, so they've gotten quite good at it.

Hopefully your watches won't go through Dallas. If they do, you'll in trouble no matter who the overseas dealer is.

dingle
I just ordered the breitling navi from Mary and I am wondering about customs and taxes at the border and possibly having the watch seized because its a rep.

How can I avoid all this? Can I maybe have her write on the package that it is a watch being returned for servicing?

How have you fellow americans been dealing with this?

Thanks

Kenan

There are issues, although not very many.........see my thread here:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=4606&hl=

I found a friend in New York I have mine shipped to now and then he ships them to me. JFK seems to be a lot more lenient than Miami and Dallas.

:drool: