Sign in to follow this  
apoopoo999

Navitimer with Original dial

apoopoo999

Here I fitted a vintage patrouille suisse dial to a rep navitimer case. The case is very nice, I bought several navitimers from china and picked the one with the tightest bezel. Make sure it is tight moves smoothly and has no play at all. After you disassemble the watch you will realize the rep dial is 31mm and the breitling dial is 32mm. Not to worry, its just 1mm, just take a file and slowly file around the original dial until it is 31mm. Make sure you do it evenly, it took me an hour. After you are done paint the bare edge you just filed with black paint and let it dry for a day. One great thing about this dial is that the sub-dials is a champagne color that matches the ring on the bezel of the "Fighters" case almost exactly. I re-assembled the watch using a Valjoux 7750. The china 7750 is very unreliable, sometimes you get lucky and it will run for 3 years some will stop suddenly, the chronograph will get stuck, not return to 12 oclock, lose time.... Yes many problems, Also the rep date wheel is a dead give away. One note, if you use a Valjoux 7750 you will have to file down the case back by a quarter millimeter. The valjoux is thicker some where, if you dont file it down you will notice the stem will be to tight to turn once the case back is tightened. The case back will push on the movement holder putting pressure on the stem.

Here are the pics enjoy

dscf0332s.jpg

dscf0334z.jpg

dscf0335y.jpg

dscf0336.jpg

dscf0337e.jpg

dscf0339.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by apoopoo999

dingle

great pics :thumbsup:

scope

Nice mod!

rc42

Nice work :D

I fitted a gen dial and Swiss ETA 7750 into a Super Avenger, no size mis-match on the dial there though and the movement fitted perfectly with no alignment issues for the stem.

The thing that did cause problems is the different hole sizes on the sub-dial hands and the chrono seconds hands, as I recall, posts on the ETA-7750 sub-dials are smaller diameter than the A7750 and the post for the chrono seconds is larger on the ETA.

Its worth the trouble in the end though

apoopoo999
Nice work :D

I fitted a gen dial and Swiss ETA 7750 into a Super Avenger, no size mis-match on the dial there though and the movement fitted perfectly with no alignment issues for the stem.

The thing that did cause problems is the different hole sizes on the sub-dial hands and the chrono seconds hands, as I recall, posts on the ETA-7750 sub-dials are smaller diameter than the A7750 and the post for the chrono seconds is larger on the ETA.

Its worth the trouble in the end though

The hands for the subs dials pressed in nicely, The post hole for the eta chrono sweeper was a bit smaller and I had a hard time getting it to fit without breaking the movement. It is worth all the trouble because now I have a reliable movement and the dial looks 100 times better then the Asian dial which doesnt look convincing at all.