Sign in to follow this  
spboudart

Panerai Homage

spboudart

Yes! It has been quite a while, it happened on the homage forum run by POCS, and I never had time to finish the project but here it is:

DSC03606.jpg

and a wrist shot:

DSC03599.jpg

I've had some hard time to get the lume color on the hands and sandwich dial to match the strap, but the dial and hands have been sitting at home for a while.

The strap also had some trouble getting to my home but it has been here for at least 3 months, I just didn't hed the time to put the watch together.

I wanted to finalized this project with this beautiful strap, which also happen to be the only thing I ever won at a raffle.

Hope you enjoy!

dingle

VERY NICE! :)

AllergyDoc

While vintage reps aren't my cup of tea, I love the clean dial and the light-colored strap. I also admire all the work that goes into vintagizing (is that a word?) watches.

ebzen02
While vintage reps aren't my cup of tea, I love the clean dial and the light-colored strap. I also admire all the work that goes into vintagizing (is that a word?) watches.

I agree. I have developed an appreciation for vintage because of the work that goes into making something look time worn.. I think the subtle vintage look is what I prefer. It takes talent to create a piece that it is vintage, but doesn't look like it was jackhammered and pissed on. This dial is great because it doesn't go over board, which is something that tends to happen a lot.

scope

Nice vintage! It gives me hope on staring my first vintage project. :D

cybee

Looks great. The Homage Forum has some very talented guys over there. :P

greg_r

That looks great! Congrats!

spboudart

Thanks guy for all your cheerful comments. :D:wub:

Wiz

Whao. Each and every part of this watch is awesome! Congrats, you must be proud of it :D

trailboss99

Nice job mate, now go sell it at RG for $800 :D

Col.