Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

Lume !! are you bothered ??

edwinowl

I'm with Hazz I like to see the time in the wee hours and wear my watch at night so if its lumed then it should be strong and long.

dalboy

not too bothered about lume at all. If its dark and i need to know the time ill just use my phone

Do you sleep with your phone on your wrist ??

I do, and my phone is down stairs on charge over night.......I personally like a good strong lume.........................

As do i ...

I've never understood the obsession with lume. I'm happy with whatever the watch comes with.

I also don't want my watch to light up the room .... Darkness is the only relief I have from looking at the current Mrs Conx!

Remember the Monza Col ..

conx

Fair point

However, everyone has a right to be ugly, but Mrs Conx is abusing the privilege! Give me darkness !

dalboy

Fair point

However, everyone has a right to be ugly, but Mrs Conx is abusing the privilege! Give me darkness !

Is she super lumed ?

Whorologist

not too bothered about lume at all. If its dark and i need to know the time ill just use my phone

Do you sleep with your phone on your wrist ??

nope. I dont sleep with a watch on my wrist either. Both phone and watch rest safely on the side table :)

However I will admit that for me there are times when lume is useful or shall i say super lume is useful. I go sailing every so often and when im doing over night races, a watch with good lume is very handy

I'd expect that would be a Gen.?

Yep never taken a rep on a sailing trip....yet.

James.

Lume is largely irrelevant for me. Then again, all the watch I own ore either "superlume" which is adequate, or "vintage" and there's nothing as ridiculous as a vintage watch that glows like a lightsabre.

Forget vintage watches ..they were never intended to be lumed unless there were diver's of course.

That was the point I was making.

Lets face facts, Lume is not a priority, nor should it be, for the factories. I'd much prefer they perfect other aspects of a watch then spend time on lume, like dial, hands, CG, crowns etc etc the only way you'll ever really be able to get proper lume is a) send it to someone like Kenny or b) buy a gen. I'm more concerned with getting the correct watch with no noticeable errors, than the lume.

As for the whole issue of lume shots in m2m sales, too hard to regulate. Just take every lume shot you see that isn't time lapsed for 60 seconds, with a pinch of salt like most others do. If someone sees a lume shot in m2m and believes that that is legit, and not taken immediately after prolonged exposure to a light source, well, welcome to the rep game. Yeah it's false advertising, I don't provide lume shots unless requested, but if the lume of a watch is a deal breaker for you, the AD should satisfy you better than rep m2ms ever could.

NFleischer

About on a par with "happy feet" and the dreaded "sunken date wheel"....On a scale of 1-10, a solid ZERO!!! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Actually a really sunken DW is a bummer. I don't give a crap about Happy Feet, but when present , I do like Lume.

I remember getting taken by a M2M sale @ RepGeek on an APROO. Said to be lumed by a famed modder in Asia! When the watch arrived - there was virtually

NONE.

Also; watched advertised as fully serviced to'COSC' specs. I've never been able to get better than 3 Min/day. Probabaly got magnetized or really does need full

service.

dalboy

Lume is largely irrelevant for me. Then again, all the watch I own ore either "superlume" which is adequate, or "vintage" and there's nothing as ridiculous as a vintage watch that glows like a lightsabre.

Forget vintage watches ..they were never intended to be lumed unless there were diver's of course.

That was the point I was making.

Lets face facts, Lume is not a priority, nor should it be, for the factories. I'd much prefer they perfect other aspects of a watch then spend time on lume, like dial, hands, CG, crowns etc etc the only way you'll ever really be able to get proper lume is a) send it to someone like Kenny or b) buy a gen. I'm more concerned with getting the correct watch with no noticeable errors, than the lume.

As for the whole issue of lume shots in m2m sales, too hard to regulate. Just take every lume shot you see that isn't time lapsed for 60 seconds, with a pinch of salt like most others do. If someone sees a lume shot in m2m and believes that that is legit, and not taken immediately after prolonged exposure to a light source, well, welcome to the rep game. Yeah it's false advertising, I don't provide lume shots unless requested, but if the lume of a watch is a deal breaker for you, the AD should satisfy you better than rep m2ms ever could.

Lume is not a deal breaker for me...accuracy in the build of the rep is....isn't lume part of that ??.. I'm talking about lume in general....

Loonie
t..no LED torch charges of the lume 20 seconds prior to the photo shot..after all...we can all do that..

Who would ever take a lume shot without a prior good charge?

dalboy
t..no LED torch charges of the lume 20 seconds prior to the photo shot..after all...we can all do that..

Who would ever take a lume shot without a prior good charge?

If the lume was adequate would not need to be charged by an artificial source

Mystery Shopper
catherinetatebovvered.jpg Im not bovvered.

Odyseus

I'm a real sucker for a bright, torch like lume..but then I accept I have to apply SuperLuminova myself?

dalboy

Wonder if Scorp should do a poll..

Scorp................ :yodel:

James.

It is part of the accuracy but imo to a lesser extent than say bezel insert, hands, cg etc. I'm quite happy for those areas to be more focused upon.

it comes down to what you define as "superlume" and who can choose where and when the word applied. I agree in the sense its wielded around too often and has lost part of its more accurate meaning as a result. I'd love all reps to come with c1 as default, but my watches reside in a closed top case at night, so I'm not really too fussed.

Timebandit

I love Lume :)

If I open one of my very sleepy eyes at 3:30 AM and my lumed watch shows me :

There is still one hour left until you have to wake up

I could kiss it :)

OK, if I look at it and it tells me that I am a half an hour too late, I could smash it against the wall.

But it makes no beeep and no click, click until I have reached the screen to see the actual time.

If it glows in the darkness and I can see the time, I am very happy with it.

Each night before I go to bed, I hold my watch against a 40 Watt bulb for a minute.

LUME is IMPORTANT ;)

Greetz

Uwe

TheSav

I'm not too concerned about lume on my watches. But in saying that I will get my ploppy done by Kenny as that deserves a good lume.

scorpion
Wonder if Scorp should do a poll..

Scorp................ :yodel:

Did someone say poll ? sorry in bed on mobile so no poll. Me like a good lume job

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

Del

I love lume! :wub:

On the m2m sales point, I'm probably one of the worst culprits for making the lume look better than it is in my photoshoot threads - only because I'm trying to make the nicest photograph, not because I'm trying to fool anyone. When selling a watch, I ensure that I quote what the TD has quoted regarding the lume, ie. superlumed or not. ;)

7198573806_b17243bf2d_b.jpg

arancini

No problem with other things taking precedence when it comes to Rep. accuracy (case, cg, AR, general build, materials etc.).

But when the TDs advertise it as Superlumed when it's clearly not, that's what becomes an irritation.

How the hell are you supposed to make a purchase decision when some makers/TDs claims of Superlume are true and others false.

James.

It's all Del's fault?! :spank::omfg::ohmygod::baghead::giggle:

Bash64

I love Lume :)

If I open one of my very sleepy eyes at 3:30 AM and my lumed watch shows me :

There is still one hour left until you have to wake up

I could kiss it :)

OK, if I look at it and it tells me that I am a half an hour too late, I could smash it against the wall.

But it makes no beeep and no click, click until I have reached the screen to see the actual time.

If it glows in the darkness and I can see the time, I am very happy with it.

Each night before I go to bed, I hold my watch against a 40 Watt bulb for a minute.

LUME is IMPORTANT ;)

Greetz

Uwe

I agree with Uwe. When I go to a movie, I take one of my Seikos, but I woud like to be able to choose from the whole stable. There are simply too many times that I want to see my watch when it is dark; movie theatres,driving at night and other dark places :ninja: . Many watch manufacturers have good lume, why is it not an automatic on all of them?

As a note of interest, Reg's no date Thai sub is actually pretty good. Nice blue lume that can still be read at 2am if it has seen light during the day. That was a big surprise for me.

daeffy

Happy feet bother me. Lume no. But then I like Tritium watches ;)

SSTEEL

The only thing that lets my Carrera franken down is the lume on the gen hands, its almost non-existent :(

Guitarman

Earliest watch memories were being turned on by lume, and taking inpecting watch under duvet for hours! Still love going into slight shade from bright sunshine, and seeing lume appearing which enhances whole visual for me. So not highest priority, but am a fan.

cragster

Id rather have it than not if 2 watches where the same price ,,,if i get a watch relumed by one of our guys ,does it last all night,say 8 hours,my "superlumed" watches from Tds are ok for about 10 mins then just lose its glow which is a bit pointless