Sign in to follow this  
SSTEEL

Anyone Removed/Replaced the 43mm Carrera Day Date Bezel Insert?

SSTEEL

As some of you know, I have gone to town frankening my Tag Carrera, and the one thing that now lets it down it the letter Y of TACHYMETRE, its missing half of the letter, so have ordered a gen bezel to replace it.

I am unsure if the bezel and insert are gen like construction however, so before dropping more money on the gen insert, I wanted to find out for sure of its construction, does the insert simply click into place or is it bonded in place?

If you have removed, and replaced your Carrera bezel insert, I would appreciate you sharing your experience.

Thanks in advance.

SSTEEL

Just read on WUS..

There's no insert' date=' the whole bezel was painted. If you want a like new like looking the only solution is to get the whole bezel replaced. $180 from Tag.[/quote']

Well I never knew that, I was under the impression the printed part was separate from the non-rotating bezel on the Carrera, hence why there are countless inserts available, even from my Tag Heuer parts supplier, he sells the insert for $170. I guess I need to check with him that this insert he has quoted me is for the entire bezel, and if so, I then need to figure out how to remove the bezel.

SSTEEL

Well the more I look at the construction of the Carrera Bezel under my loupe I can clearly see a rim around the circumference, which I believe is the insert, so thus resulting in the above WUS quote being false.

Anyone confirm please?

onionbag

Well the more I look at the construction of the Carrera Bezel under my loupe I can clearly see a rim around the circumference, which I believe is the insert, so thus resulting in the above WUS quote being false.

Anyone confirm please?

But, (and correct me if I'm wrong please).........your's is a rep? Yes?

SSTEEL

Yes mate, the only part of the watch that is rep still is the case itself. I hear the the rep does not have gen construction, but need confirmation from someone who has removed the bezel insert from a rep. Its the bezel itself is completely removable, and not just the insert, then I maybe able to fit a gen bezel/insert combination, but after finding out the gen pushers didn't fit, I am wary of buying gen parts if they won't fit for sure.

Im unsure if the WUS comment was referrring to a rep or genuine, I need to look at the thread again on there.

Edited by SSTEEL

onionbag

Well, why don't you buy an aftermarket one, and try it out first?

If it fits, swap it out for a gen and ebay the spare.

WUS will be a gen............no reps allowed there. :neener:

SSTEEL

Of course, I was thinking Wist-Check lol.

I am so tempted to get the sharpie/razor blade out to try and remove this black insert, but as you suggest, I will get an aftermarket one first, then ask my supplier for a photo of the gen one before committing to buying that.

I will of course, share my own experiences here too in case anyone else wishes to know whats what with the bezel/insert etc.

scorpion

This just made me check my new Tag to see if my Y was ok. Yep i have the Y so no need to franken my one yippeeee!!!!

SSTEEL

:P

I never even noticed mine during my QC photos either. Oh well, its all part of the fun :D

scorpion

My one is better than your one ha ha h a :giggle:

Tag (1) (Large).JPG

Tag (2) (Large).jpg

1 grin.gif

SSTEEL

Show off lol. I will get to the bottom of this bezel, and insert thing, eventually.

HeavyKrush

For sure, let us know how it turns out.

WARBOT

Shit!! Now I have to go look at mine!!!

Whew!!! All good!!!

SSTEEL

Good to hear WARBOT :)

Just posting this info below, as it seems there is nothing on the web about anyone ever replacing an insert, so want to document everything here

I plan on removing my insert from my CVA210 Carrera as one of my letters is missing a bit.

My search via google has only resulted in me finding others looking for help, and even one guy on WUS saying there is no insert, and that its the bezel that is painted, but I find this hard to believe seeing as many retailers are selling snap in inserts.

There are cheaper ones, which need to be glued in place, so my advice is go for the higher quality that snap into place like the gen. This is what a reputable outlet has stated.

BEZEL INSERT FOR TAG HEUER CARERRA TACHYMETRE

The item for sale is a brand new aftermarket black insert with silver letters. It is made for Tag Heuer Chrono CV-2010.

This item will fit Tag Heuer Tachymentre watches. Insert snaps to the ring and is made like the original from Tag Heuer.

This is a high quality insert with a glossy and reflective finish just like your original. The color and font are just like OEM. You will not be able to tell the difference.

This item is guaranteed to fit your watch without glue, unlike other sellers who require glue for their inserts to stick to your watch. The glue spreads all over and ends up ruining your watch.

This is a high quality item, you will not be able to tell the difference from the original.

Free installation instruction sheet with purchase.

These inserts are better quality compared to other sellers.

Edited by SSTEEL

GusRocket

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Bezel and I want to replace it. Is it an easy process or it's best to send it to an official repair shop?

Gustavo