Sweet collection......

How much money now in total do you have in this watch :

franken AP RB II

Lets see...

Gen movement and watch parts: $1300

Assemble the parts, movement mount mod, double AR, WR and relume: $1300

Gen strap: $650

Correct date wheel: 50

Central plate electroplating, date wheel swap and case polish: unknown, for the sake of calculation I d say $150, the watch just been sent to goin for additional mod.

So total up, if I don't feel like get a gen clasp, the cost of project is: $3450

squashlovernk

Hey Yawn,

May I ask who did the bezel mod and relume for your V2 white Ploprof? I have both GENs (black and white) Ploprofs and am currently have Kenny mod a V2 blsck dial for my cousin. Wanted to also get a modded white dial for him as well since I actually prefer the white dial and bezel more than the black dial. Kenny says it is almost impossible to relume the white bezel correctly since it is a different process to the black dial insert. Another thing is the silver numerals. Although your bezel looks nice and the numerals are silver, it does not look like my GEN white Ploprof. Maybe it is the lighting but the GEN numerals are reflective silver from certain angles but black face on.bezel lume is also AMAZING and very sharp.

Could you take a lume pic of your white Ploprof?

Here is a pic of my gen white for comparison:

urunazem.jpg

sent from my Samsung GN 2 using Tapatalk 2

yawn

editing

Edited by yawn

squashlovernk
Hey Yawn,

May I ask who did the bezel mod and relume for your V2 white Ploprof? I have both GENs (black and white) Ploprofs and am currently have Kenny mod a V2 blsck dial for my cousin. Wanted to also get a modded white dial for him as well since I actually prefer the white dial and bezel more than the black dial. Kenny says it is almost impossible to relume the white bezel correctly since it is a different process to the black dial insert. Another thing is the silver numerals. Although your bezel looks nice and the numerals are silver, it does not look like my GEN white Ploprof. Maybe it is the lighting but the GEN numerals are reflective silver from certain angles but black face on.bezel lume is also AMAZING and very sharp.

urunazem.jpg

Might be the reflection:Omega_zps03b893f6.jpg

Lume shot:

null_zps3752f316.jpg

Goin from Taiwan did the modding, he did fine job but the turn around is very very slow, took him about half a year to get this job done.

Yeah that was what I was afraid of, turn around time and also brightness and clarity of bezel lume.

My gen white Ploprof's bezel is amazing and uniform. Matches the hand like perfectly and the intensity of hands, dial, and bezel are EXACTLY the same which lasts all night. The few rep white Ploprofs I have seen have weak bezel lume which does not match hands and dial for color or intensity. Shame really as that is the best feature about the white Ploprof.

Hope someone in the future can figure out a way to do it properly. Kenny does an AMAZING job with the black Ploprof since he uses gen lume to gen-spec. Once I receive my cousin's modded V2 back I will make a comparison to my gen black.

Just wish Kenny could do the white V2 to the same standard as the black :-(

Thanks anyways for the quick reply.

Really like you nodded RB2, should be great when finally finished. You also plan on getting the CdG faceplate as well, right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

yawn
Hey Yawn,

urunazem.jpg

Lume shot:

null_zps3752f316.jpg

Goin from Taiwan did the modding, he did fine job but the turn around is very very slow, took him about half a year to get this job done.

Yeah that was what I was afraid of, turn around time and also brightness and clarity of bezel lume.

My gen white Ploprof's bezel is amazing and uniform. Matches the hand like perfectly and the intensity of hands, dial, and bezel are EXACTLY the same which lasts all night. The few rep white Ploprofs I have seen have weak bezel lume which does not match hands and dial for color or intensity. Shame really as that is the best feature about the white Ploprof.

Hope someone in the future can figure out a way to do it properly. Kenny does an AMAZING job with the black Ploprof since he uses gen lume to gen-spec. Once I receive my cousin's modded V2 back I will make a comparison to my gen black.

Really like you nodded RB2, should be great when finally finished. You also plan on getting the CdG faceplate as well, right?

I will hang around with it for awhile, or the watch will never be enjoyed by me but the modder, maybe the cote de geneve mod next year.

Any chance you share a lume shot of your gen? I have never seen one before and would like to compare to mine.

squashlovernk
Hey Yawn,

urunazem.jpg

Lume shot:

null_zps3752f316.jpg

I will hang around with it for awhile, or the watch will never be enjoyed by me but the modder, maybe the cote de geneve mod next year.

Any chance you share a lume shot of your gen? I have never seen one before and would like to compare to mine.

Which one, white or black? I posted a pic above of my gen white. I am traveling at the moment but when I get home Monday afternoon I can take pics for you.

bjj_faixapreta

Awesome collection!

yawn

Which one, white or black? I posted a pic above of my gen white. I am traveling at the moment but when I get home Monday afternoon I can take pics for you.

the white one, i m interested to know the bezel brightness, i just notice the brightness of my bezel is quite differnet from the dial and hand lume. dam i thought i nailed it.

squashlovernk

the white one, i m interested to know the bezel brightness, i just notice the brightness of my bezel is quite differnet from the dial and hand lume. dam i thought i nailed it.

Lucky for you I am wearing my gen white Ploprof at ATM. Just took these pics for you with my Samsung GN2 camera. Hope it is clear enough.

dunesadu.jpg

musureza.jpg

yawn

dam nice the lume is definitely different. better wear my rep during day light

JohnPilot

Excellent taste here.

Love the JLC Master Geo.

albert12

Excellent !

HeavyKrush

Fantastic collection Yawn. Really need a decent photo shoot mate... send em' my way and I'll hook you up!

dave0280

JLC is the daddy - love it.

Soldie

A wonderful elegent collection. I rarely love multiple watches in posted collections but this is exception. Also intersting comments in the thread. Great thread to wake up to!

FCarvi

amazing collection, my favourite is the gen JLC

yawn

chpoard-12clock_zps3f04a546.jpg

Chpoard 12 clock marker fixed, now just need the gen heart transplant.

gran

How will you get an affordable gen 36mm Valgranges 07.111 for that beauty? I presume getting a genuine CHOPARD movement is not cost effective

BTW that JLC master world geographic is a wonder

yawn

How will you get an affordable gen 36mm Valgranges 07.111 for that beauty? I presume getting a genuine CHOPARD movement is not cost effective

xD ty. And yes, gen movement is not cost effective, I got it for $850. My modder told me the asian 21j was acting strange so i thought what the heck, i m buying a gen movement.

gran

xD ty. And yes, gen movement is not cost effective, I got it for $850. My modder told me the asian 21j was acting strange so i thought what the heck, i m buying a gen movement.

you are insane..whats wrong with the asian 07.111? I hope its not that madman Domi in germany doing this?

Do you have a picture of it?

Edited by gran

tommylad

Fantastic collection

yawn

you are insane..whats wrong with the asian 07.111? I hope its not that madman Domi in germany doing this?

Do you have a picture of it?

only have a group shot with my FM franken project,

photo_zps83f1f9ae.jpg

Goin from TW is doing all my mod. Domi did my AP RBII, but I wasn't happy with it, min chrono hand fall off after I used the chrono function twice. Now Goin told me he cannot open the case base because the inner side of caseback screw become round as a result of using incorrect screw driver :(

I hate project delay...

gran

Love that FM franken as well :wub: :wub:

yawn

Love that FM franken as well :wub: :wub:

:D perpare for some eye candy in 3 months time, hopefully..... hublot 4000m and VCO mod have already been going for almost a year... this hobby really put my patient into test.