Sign in to follow this  
wingmanbonanza

Looking to get a good Planet Ocean with the divers leather band.

wingmanbonanza

Hi All!

I'm new to the rep world so I really don't know much about rep watches and what to look for when buying one. I'm looking to get a reliable, waterproof, and accurate replica planet ocean with the leather divers band. Like I said in the title the only big preference I have is that I really want the divers leather strap an. I am not a fan of chain straps and I just wont buy one unless it has the strap so please don't reference me to websites and rep makers with one that doesn't have the divers leather band.

To go further into what I am looking for:

Waterproofing:

I don't intend on swimming with it however I want waterproofing in the case I forget (or I was pushed into a pool, which happens to me quite a bit during the summer),

Reliability:

I'm looking for an automatic (preferably swiss) movement with a power reserve that will last overnight (I take my watch off when I sleep) that I can always rely on to keep good time.

Accuracy:

I don't want to have a replica that is oversized or that has obvious imperfections that bring out that it is a rep.

Thanks Guys! I hope a few people have some good places for me to get a rep Planet Ocean and that my knowledge of watches will expand with my membership here!

flyr

Welcome to the forum! Our TD's carry what you want but you better start reading before you think of ordering otherwise it won't be pretty. Start here http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=7456

Good luck!

300kph

I'm fairly new too but in the last week I've hooked up with some great dealers and have learned a lot. I've also ordered 2 watches from 2 different Trusted Dealers with a Yacht Master Super-rep on the way and a Panerai 299N which is getting rave reviews.

The Planet Ocean "Pumpkin" as it is referred to when equipped with the orange strap is probably the next rep I will pull the trigger on.

Having been part of other various forums in the past you will sometimes find yourself getting scolded for joining up and simply asking someone to point you in the right direction. A lot of satisfaction comes from reading the many posts and reviews and then visiting dealers and finding the best deal. But alas, that does take time.

I posted my own inquiry and I will be happy to share what I've learned so far. Follow this link: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...l=&fromsearch=1

As well, keep digging and take satisfaction in uncovering the wealth of information you will find on this amazing forum.

You have good taste. The PO with orange strap (I prefer the leather over the rubber) is a beautiful watch. Reps are good but not without a number of flaws. Get to know them and decide if you can live with them and if not, save up for a clean pre-owned gen perhaps.

Oh, you should have no fear of swimming in a pool or the ocean with the better rep version. Stay out of the shower though. Hot direct blasts of water are not good for any watch. Even many gens don't like it.

W

Edited by 300kph

300kph

Ding... I wish you wouldn't post so much. Your Avatar is making me crazy!

wingmanbonanza

Thanks guys I just went through both links and I think I have decided on a watch:

http://silix-prime.so/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1677

From what I have read on throughout the forum reading through the "noobs 101" page and a few other pages (thanks for pointing me to the pumkin page) I think its a good decision... Any last thoughts before I official join the rep world?

RichardMiami

Nice choice... go for it.

Welcome to the land of the doomed!

the deacon

Thanks guys I just went through both links and I think I have decided on a watch:

http://silix-prime.s...roducts_id=1677

From what I have read on throughout the forum reading through the "noobs 101" page and a few other pages (thanks for pointing me to the pumkin page) I think its a good decision... Any last thoughts before I official join the rep world?

i am in the same boat as you mate but i ordered before looking as hard as you.

anyway ,yesterday my po ceramic 45mm pumpkin turned up after around 3 weeks,well worth the wait!!!

absolutley unreal quality!!!

i took the test of setting watch with pc clock and after 24 hours its pretty much like for like.

i went for swiss eta from perfect clones!fyi

Visioneer

Welcome and be prepared to unload your wallet.