Sign in to follow this  
theflyingdutchman

my new HBB gold (finally)

theflyingdutchman

Hi there,

The HBB gold struck me as stunning, the first time is saw it on hublot.com! Maybe the one issues I have had with every HBB model, has been the usage of Arabic numbers on the dial. I normally prefer the “stick approach†as a design element.

Surely, some how every Big Bang is the same and this has been widely discussed. To me this model has a different approach, with its silk gloss black-dial, stick-makers which create a cleaner and “lighter†facing as the carbon structured models (which are great as well) or those with the extra golden- circled sub dials.

My HBB’s until now have been with smooth or the classic tire structure strap. This watch strap has the lined structure which creates such a blackness of the strap which makes the others straps nearly look grayish; This overall combination of the dial, the strap, the semi-and 4 colors (black, pink-gold, steel and white) just “ got meâ€â€¦

The first rep of this is saw in mid December’09, but it had some mistakes which needed to be fixed! Thanks again to those who pointed them out!

I found a dealer that I have used several times for getting parts and who was open in getting these changes made. Over many emails, pics and 3 months some of the issues where fixed. He then sent it out and…. IT WAS CAUGHT BY CUSTOMES! That’s the way it goes! And, this is the first time in 7 years with many parcels and over countless watches that this happened! I lost my customes-virginity! AND IT HURT! SPECIALLY LOOSING THIS WATCH! I guess they say: “ That’s lifeâ€â€¦! So I emailed with him again (well actually many emails!) and there was a new watch made!

Cannot be any better service wise!

I am happy, even if it ain’ t perfect! Actually, some of the “offs†I prefer and maybe, just maybe, the time I invested in this watch makes me forgive these issues! And the price is not that painful! I soon will have a new rotor fix with a straight-round font on the rotor, once I get the blue screws exchanged! I had seen this on the pre-sent fotos, and still accepted the watch has I was so anxious!

So lets have a quick look! The pics are untouched, as I have no experience or access to such programs….and these look okay to me!

I you are interested in where to get this watch, please PM me!

Cheers!

Theflyingdutchman

01-4.jpg

02-3.jpg

03-2.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

04-3.jpg

05-3.jpg

06-2.jpg

m02.jpg

m06.jpg

m08.jpg

m09.jpg

m10.jpg

strap01.jpg

strap03.jpg

strap04.jpg

x3-1.jpg

x2.jpg

x1.jpg

Edited by theflyingdutchman

oscarmadfish

great pics

sconehead

I was toying with getting one of these a while ago with the gold/ceramic bracelet. I even posted a thread about it. I'd forgotten about it 'till I saw this, it's a beauty mate...:coffee2:

atmos

wow ! very nice watch !!! :coffee2:

Baldrick

Not a great fan of the Hublot design, however the photographs, which are excellent by the way, do show a very high standard of finish on the watch. the dial and hands are well up to gen standard.

I wish you health to wear it :coffee2:

Silverspeed

I'm also not the worlds biggest Hublot fan...but that one looks very good and as Baldrick said it's very well finished

You got the replacement watch pretty quick :lol:

dmisgod

2 square to my liking.

enjoy m8, gr8 pics.

onzenuub

Beautiful watch, curious how much it was??

KinCaidk

It's beautiful!!

How mucho? :lol:

greg_r

I'm not a fan of Hublot, but that's easily the nicest I've seen. Congrats!

billt431

What a gorgeous watch. Enjoy it!

NFleischer

Congrats. That's a real beauty!

jycegrcia

This watch is really beautiful and looks quite descent one. The combination of black and golden is looking really nice and even white and golden is also looking nice. Hublot watches are all limited editions and highly sought after by collectors, however I fear that this one won't be.

bene3

That Hublot looks great

theflyingdutchman
That Hublot looks great

Yes, maybe one of their best designs until now!?

rc42

I like the look of the gold HBB but I'me one of the many that is affected by the clasp cutting into my wrist :Whistle:

Mine was the arabic number version and eventuallly sold mine to a friend.

Later I got a Big Bang King which is a bigger watch and has the stick markers but again the clasp got me, I even tried swapping the rubber strap for a custom bracelet made from a spare VCO that I had and although much improved I've still never really worn it.

I might get one of the steel/ceramic HBB bracelets that the dealers now have just to see how that feels.

HBBK_VCO3.jpg

HBBK_VCO4.jpg