Sign in to follow this  
Luthier

Trusted Dealers List. (OUT OF DATE)

Luthier
Hey this list looks really familiar............ :D

Funny that. B)

I hope you don't mind, but I've appropriated some of your suggestions for the 'official' list too

THIEF! PLAGIARIZER!! hehe.. of course I don't mind -- I'm just glad there is an official stickied list now that can actually be updated! Huge help for the noobies.

You mean - boobies?

Cuz I don't see any noobies here.

:P

greg_r
Hey this list looks really familiar............ :D

Funny that. B)

I hope you don't mind, but I've appropriated some of your suggestions for the 'official' list too

THIEF! PLAGIARIZER!! hehe.. of course I don't mind -- I'm just glad there is an official stickied list now that can actually be updated! Huge help for the noobies.

:P

At least I gave you a credit :drunksing:

Guest dave123

I would never buy from Socaltimer again....read my thread about the Rolex i bought from him at RG,sent me a POS and told me to jump in a lake basically when i wanted to return it..... <_<

Sead is a good dealer though.

NFleischer

here's my 2 cents after 9 months around here.

Josh is the most trusted dealer, period. almost everone else is full of crap. they all sell the same stuff.

hardly anyone does any QC! they ALL dropship, most of the 'swiss' mov'ts are clones or hybrid.

josh can get almost anything you want, but for some specialties i'd go elsewhere.

for example: BK for rolex and his subs, ym, etc.

davidsen for pam

narikaa for cheapies or unusual things

sead if your in the states

i think there's alot of political stuff @RWG2- they push PT & Eurotimez and knock the 'cartel'

and davidsen.

greg_r
here's my 2 cents after 9 months around here.

Josh is the most trusted dealer, period. almost everone else is full of crap. they all sell the same stuff.

hardly anyone does any QC! they ALL dropship, most of the 'swiss' mov'ts are clones or hybrid.

josh can get almost anything you want, but for some specialties i'd go elsewhere.

for example: BK for rolex and his subs, ym, etc.

davidsen for pam

narikaa for cheapies or unusual things

sead if your in the states

i think there's alot of political stuff @RWG2- they push PT & Eurotimez and knock the 'cartel'

and davidsen.

hmm - a few do QC to some degree (Eurotimez, TTK and PWC). Some others do at least handle every watch they sell (Ruby, Lawrence, Narikaa, WBK - maybe others). The rest appear to just dropship.

I personally would not buy from DSN - he's had a lot of unsatisfied customers lately, and I'm not convinced that he's necessarily the only source for top-quality PAMs (PWC does some very good modded PAMs). Narikaa is great for cheapies - but so are Lawrence and Tonyxkf.

Josh is a great dealer, I agree - the best of the 'cartel' and one of the best for after-sales service. No QC, though.

NFleischer

i guess i was being abit over the top.my point being even with the 'qc' i've had my share

of problems with the dealers that supposedly check. also i've gotten drop shipments from china from the EU based dealers.

i know DSN has gotten a bad rep lately, all i can say is i bought a PAM089 from him

on monday & had it by wednesday! no problems- only thing is you gotta use W.U.

no paypal or credit cards.

greg_r
i guess i was being abit over the top.my point being even with the 'qc' i've had my share

of problems with the dealers that supposedly check. also i've gotten drop shipments from china from the EU based dealers.

i know DSN has gotten a bad rep lately, all i can say is i bought a PAM089 from him

on monday & had it by wednesday! no problems- only thing is you gotta use W.U.

no paypal or credit cards.

yep yep.... I think it's worth remembering that no dealer is perfect. :beer:

One of the reasons why we decided not to allow dealer sales on this forum is that we can then afford to remain completely independent - we can comment however we like without worrying about upsetting an affiliated dealer.

... of course, the other reason was that I don't want Rolex coming after me...... ;):groucho:;):D

Good to hear that you had a good experience with DSN. I'll admit that I'm cautious with dealers who can't handle PP or credit cards, but on the other hand, I've recently bought a couple of great watches from TTK, so I guess there are exceptions ;)

NFleischer

it's funny, at RG, DSN is like a god. at RWG2 he considered lower than clam

shite. my experience was very good. also- look at his pix. some of those watches are really

pretty, no?

Guest dave123
it's funny, at RG, DSN is like a god.

Really?...over 8k posts there,i have never noticed that.

DSN for the most part makes really good fake Pams,there have been a few dud's this year,seems like he is not on his own doing these like he was in early '07 when he had a really hardcore following and posted his projects on the forums.

But for the money,his are really good in comparison to standard stuff you get out there,and duds are common no matter who you buy from.

rc42

Josh says that he doesn't dropship and I've had a couple of orders where he's put some parts in for me as well and they're always packaged neatly with the watch and the shipping is just as fast. I don't think he has time to QC watches and probably has minimum wage staff that package most of them and send them but his after sales is so good that you know any problem is going to be sorted.

There are cheaper dealers around but as Dave said, if there are problems they might just tell you to go jump in a lake.

Dave - can you check the dates on the emails as he may have said that to you before you even bought from him :lol:

greg_r
Josh says that he doesn't dropship and I've had a couple of orders where he's put some parts in for me as well and they're always packaged neatly with the watch and the shipping is just as fast. I don't think he has time to QC watches and probably has minimum wage staff that package most of them and send them but his after sales is so good that you know any problem is going to be sorted.

There's been plenty of evidence that Josh DOES dropship, but possibly not all the time. Certainly there isn't much (if anything) in the way of QC. However - all that said, I still agree that he's one of the best dealers around - his after sales service is in a very different league to most of the competition.

There are cheaper dealers around but as Dave said, if there are problems they might just tell you to go jump in a lake.

Possibly, but a good few of the recommended dealers do offer good after-sales service. PWC, Chris, Lawrence, Tony are all very helpful when things go wrong.

trailboss99
also i've gotten drop shipments from china from the EU based dealers

Understand that EuroTimez QC is done in China by his business partner so regardless of where it's shipped from the QC is still done. It is a bit cheaper if you have him ship direct from china and for folk outside the EU this is proberly the best option.

Col.

fakemaster
:bounce:

trailboss99

FFS Fakey, don't friggen spam up the trusted dealers list! Have your fun baiting John else where please without screwing up the inportant threads. You wouldn't dare carry on this way at any other foura so why do it here? If you have that much spare time get the scam list up and make a worthwile contribution.

Regards,

Col.

fakemaster

John is easy that is true. But this is not connected. If I were to post my opinion that would jack up the thread. So a drunk smiley will have to do.

trailboss99

Posting your oppinion of the thread topic will NOT jack up the thread! I want your freaking oppinion what I want to hear. What I do not want is freaking smilies on every post!

Now, if you have somthing to contribute to this discussion please do. I doubt if anyone knows more about dealers than you do.

Col.

greg_r
Posting your oppinion of the thread topic will NOT jack up the thread! I want your freaking oppinion what I want to hear. What I do not want is freaking smilies on every post!

Now, if you have somthing to contribute to this discussion please do. I doubt if anyone knows more about dealers than you do.

Col.

Frankly, Col, I'm beginning to seriously doubt that fakemaster knows anything about anything.... He's shown no bloody evidence of it either here or at the old RWG and, frankly, the scam list is a complete waste of bandwidth - there's always going to be dealers popping up and scamming people. What is far more valuable is a list of dealers who CAN be trusted....

bme

Col.

Frankly, Col, I'm beginning to seriously doubt that fakemaster knows anything about anything.... He's shown no bloody evidence of it either here or at the old RWG and, frankly, the scam list is a complete waste of bandwidth - there's always going to be dealers popping up and scamming people. What is far more valuable is a list of dealers who CAN be trusted....

Greg, here, here. That has been my point of view for a long time now and I've epressed it on the boards. We are taking the right direction here thank God. Knowing dealers who can be trusted will always be more valuable than a lame and out of date list of scammers.

Let's hope that Derek gets the message......somehow I doubt it though.

greg_r
Let's hope that Derek gets the message......somehow I doubt it though.

Me too, sadly....

Guest dave123

Col.

An excellent post,i'm sorry i called you a noob yesterday.... :)

rc42

The easiest way to spot a potential scam site is to take the small list of recommended dealers and if they're not on it don't send them any money.

Listing pages and pages of web sites that meet this criteria can never be 100% comprehensive and is a waste of time.

bme
The easiest way to spot a potential scam site is to take the small list of recommended dealers and if they're not on it don't send them any money.

I theory I totally agree with and obvious too............but if employed how else will Fakey gain self importance and notariety?

greg_r

Col.

An excellent post,i'm sorry i called you a noob yesterday.... :lol:

:D s'okay :P

JohnG

Ruby's site is down?

WTF????!!!!

:popcorn: