The New Planet Ocean GMT (Survey)

Planet Ocean GMT  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Black with Orange Numbers
    • Black with SS Numbers
    • Orange Bezel
    • Blue on Blue w/ Orange
  2. 2. Since it's release, has this PO GMT model grown on you?

• Yes
    • No

lookshan

How reliable are GMT moments? Or is it safe to stick to the regular movement

Derek Mc

The PO has really grown on my I always loved the Seamaster prof. 300m but a blue/orange PO or a pumpkin or a black orange infact I really don't care I just lust after one :)

arsenal14

I bought the PO GMT with matching silver numbers from TT.

It's an awesome rep.

Has a unidirectional bezel where the gen is bidirectional, but not a big deal.

Took a little fiddling to get the GMT hand to point to the correct hour,

but works and looks great.

The 43.5 size puts it in a nice 'mid size' slot between the other 2 sizes.

Love it!

berlinco

I bought the PO GMT with matching silver numbers from TT.

Let us see some pictures:)

nathtommo_9

What a watch!!

justclark

Did the orange bezel version every go into production? I read somewhere that it wouldn't and I can't seem to find a Gen anywhere, though it seems a version with a white dial is on its way

Metalparlatici

I bought one from TT Blue/Blue with orange numbers... Power reserve is no longer than 12hrs. After 1 month of usage, the second hand started to hack around 13:00 pm unexpectedly. The watch continue working if I vibrate. I thought it was an incident but same thing happened the day after and after . . I really pissed off setting the time every morning. So after couple of weeks, unscrewing the crown and setting the hour and re-screwing the crown back in place.. the crown is probably warn out so now I am not able to screw the crown back.. It is written on TT website that the mechanism is ETA, but now I really lost all my confidence on the information. No one could make me believe that those chinese reps has any kind of ETA mechanism in them.. Additionally, the He valve is not screwed in, it is just a dummy valve which is forced in place.. about a year ago I have bought another PO from the same dealer with ceramic bezel but not the GMT version and on this one He valve was placed in by screwing. I was able to unscrew it.. PO GMT version has a great cosmetic look, but has very poor mechanism and other important details that makes the watch "a watch..."

Vreds

I bought one from TT Blue/Blue with orange numbers... Power reserve is no longer than 12hrs. After 1 month of usage, the second hand started to hack around 13:00 pm unexpectedly. The watch continue working if I vibrate. I thought it was an incident but same thing happened the day after and after . . I really pissed off setting the time every morning. So after couple of weeks, unscrewing the crown and setting the hour and re-screwing the crown back in place.. the crown is probably warn out so now I am not able to screw the crown back.. It is written on TT website that the mechanism is ETA, but now I really lost all my confidence on the information. No one could make me believe that those chinese reps has any kind of ETA mechanism in them.. Additionally, the He valve is not screwed in, it is just a dummy valve which is forced in place.. about a year ago I have bought another PO from the same dealer with ceramic bezel but not the GMT version and on this one He valve was placed in by screwing. I was able to unscrew it.. PO GMT version has a great cosmetic look, but has very poor mechanism and other important details that makes the watch "a watch..."

Have you contacted the TD? A good thing is not to mess too much with those "extras" like the He-valve, they will only bring you headache ;)

Metalparlatici

I am planning to take the watch to a local service, in order to fix the problems, after that probably I will be selling it on line. It really annoyed me a lot, so I don't want to wear it anymore. Andrew will ask me to post it back for service, but I am in Europe, he is in China, I cannot wait another month or longer... I have several cheap Asian mech. versions of Rolex YachtMaster, Breitling Navitimer, and they are stable more than two years.. I really cannot understand what is happening in the latest versions.. I think china factories started to run cost reduction strategies which will make them losers soon.....

Metalparlatici

...additionally .... my final decision is NONE OF THE CHINESE REPS. WORTH MORE THAN 50.USD WHATEVER THE MECHANISM IS... After facing such problems, I started to think that, how come a chinese factory will replicate a watch with an ETA mechanism.. This started to sound so crazy for me because I cannot imagine that "ETA" will supply mechanisms to china ! So it is obvious that all the mechanisms are coming out from some chinese workshop and those sellers called "trusted " are eating us by telling or advertising that the expensive ones are ETA ... I agree that the cosmetic look of some reps are nearly 100% .. but the beat in those are not so far away than any other cheap shit at all....

machiavegli

IMHO... Omega gets No more love from me. From my gen Seamaster to my recently deceased PO orange bezel, I've never owned a watch as blend-in-with-the-crowd and never noticed as an Omega. And now that Omega is owned by Swatch and coming out with all the 007 fanboy watches.... Bleck!

-Mach

latimorejr

Great watches

Edited by latimorejr

Thrasher

Agree 100% Omega equals Awesome. For the Gmt I would totally go with the blue orange bezel

WPoste

Liked the rep so much that I bought myself a gen GMT.

Gen

222bc24d155d841849561d4187039a2e_zps38edcf2f.jpg

Great presentation box

cbf5dc8f7dce9c17f4df5243f817edc7_zps11dcdc5c.jpg

nuffsed

http://www.p-cls.com...36-p-15038.html

How about this one? Bad?

Mine is in the air... I will let you know when it arrives.

Looking forward to hear your thouhts :) im tempted but i will wait.

Keep in mind, I do not nit pick for accuracy to gen... I go for something I like the look of. I don't give a shit about happy feet, HE valve position, etc. I go for a good build quality and good movement that I enjoy wearing.

Arrived yet? I'm dying over here ;)

After a long shipping delay, its finally in the USA... I hope to have it this week.

Any review? Looking to grab one from one of the dealers

Thrasher

Me too. However someone told me they have problems. .but no further information given

MBR2014

The Good Planet is really growing on me. Great pics!

norrie

Liked the rep so much that I bought myself a gen GMT.

Gen

222bc24d155d841849561d4187039a2e_zps38edcf2f.jpg

Great presentation box

cbf5dc8f7dce9c17f4df5243f817edc7_zps11dcdc5c.jpg

Well played mate. I've tried the gen on and it's soooooooo nice. Pics online don't seem to do it justice. Congratulations.

Ishmael

Pretty happy with my rep. And I saved like $6k :P

E4EEBDB9-6E20-49B6-A4FE-F9261EDFE21D_zpsoa84g1ik.jpg

nunu78

My rep says hello.

e2914479fcabf38bed9a5b780b79079f.jpg

Harkin Banks

I just got mine. Love it.

angel66

Where did you buy this one?

My rep says hello.

e2914479fcabf38bed9a5b780b79079f.jpg

nunu78

It's fro Marvellous replica but I'm not sure. Let me check.

nunu78

Yes, it is from Marvelous replica.

resistor

I love 2500 and 8500 PO's but I just can't warm up to any of the GMT or chrono models. They just don't look right to me.