The New Planet Ocean GMT (Survey)

Planet Ocean GMT  

874 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Black with Orange Numbers
    • Black with SS Numbers
    • Orange Bezel
    • Blue on Blue w/ Orange
  2. 2. Since it's release, has this PO GMT model grown on you?

• Yes
    • No

Newbie17

Black with Orange Numbers for sure! The new PO GMT is well proportioned. Very evenly balanced and not to flashy...but I'm a sucker for a GMT function on just about anything! Not of fan of the Chrono's mind you, but that GMT is sweet!

Rolexfan88

Like the black with SS numbers a lot, orange one is a bit to mush for me..

Jase
aR9W8xppCZpRjlNHE30X7CQ.jpg

dave47

1) Black w/ Orange Number

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-6.jpg

2) Blue w/ Orange

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-3.jpg

3) Black w/ SS Numbers

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-14.jpg

4) Orange

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-9.jpg

Misc Blue/Orange Bezel Pics (Awesome Watch - IMO):

pogmtbox01.jpg

pogmtbox03.jpg

pogmtbox04.jpg

pogmtwrist01.jpg

pogmt02.jpg

pogmt04.jpg

pogmt03.jpg

pogmt05.jpg

omegacal8605.jpg

pogmt07.jpg

THAT'S my watch!! -- gen Omega PO 600M GMT Good Planet; it's an absolutely beautiful watch --and I'm not really a big fan of Omegas.

dave

tesmith2112

It is a beauty! 43.5mm is perfect size IMO.

porschespeedster

Pretty happy with my rep. And I saved like $6k :P

E4EEBDB9-6E20-49B6-A4FE-F9261EDFE21D_zpsoa84g1ik.jpg

looks really good!

needsometime

3 & 4 look the best to me I don't think I would wear 1 & 2

bonsaibill

Really like the black with the SS numbers. Simple and elegant. Girls in net dresses are pretty cool also!

Trüffi

I love the look:)

Definitly my next gen purchase

ae287ac106fff44c55216e000d176587.jpg

max.licht

I love the good planet. Its different from other POs and the blue/orange color looks great :)

Amg32

It is sure nice to have so many choices but Omega watches not my cup of T

WPoste

Bought rep and liked it so much I bought a gen. Now I want to pick up the blue rubber deployant strap. Can only find the 21mm lug width strap at an a Omega boutique. I picked up a 22mm from a TD and it fits my rep fine but won't fit the gen.

In any event, highly recommend the blue with orange. Great look and very comfortable yo wear.

46cbafb5c94c587403afe41e15f38001_zps3685f5a5.jpg

MikeTampa

I'm normally not a huge fan of any bright colors on a watch but I think Omega somehow pulls it off. The black dial with orange numbers would be my second choice behind the black with SS numbers. The others are also definitely nice and I wouldn't oppose to any of the offered options. Omega just does this so well.

dabbispade

Great looking watches and actually have older seamaster gen but after my stay in Thailand the orange bezel always reminds me of a cheap rep :/ (bought few of those on the street there)

rickvtr

1) Black w/ Orange Number

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-6.jpg

2) Blue w/ Orange

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-3.jpg

3) Black w/ SS Numbers

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-14.jpg

4) Orange

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-9.jpg

Misc Blue/Orange Bezel Pics (Awesome Watch - IMO):

pogmtbox01.jpg

pogmtbox03.jpg

pogmtbox04.jpg

pogmtwrist01.jpg

pogmt02.jpg

pogmt04.jpg

pogmt03.jpg

pogmt05.jpg

omegacal8605.jpg

pogmt07.jpg

which TD sells this watch, the blue and orange please

JSJ

which TD sells this watch, the blue and orange please

In your reading of the basic info for noobs you will have seen that all TDs can get more or less all the watches.

So what is the question again?

Beadroe

Ok I'm new to all this, can someone educate me on what a TD is? What a noob is?

JSJ
Ok I'm new to all this, can someone educate me on what a TD is? What a noob is?

TD is Trusted Dealer. Go to the forum home page and scroll down. Use only the links there. Don't Google the name of the dealer.

You are a noob.

If you mean a noob watch, it's a longer answer that requires some reading on your part.

Osorio

Noob Factory is a coined term for replica makers that makes real good quality copies. An older member of forums who sells these great copies started it from his "noob mariner" product which is his recommended good entry level rep for noobs in the hobby. Or some story close to that :)

MilgramExp

I bought one from TT Blue/Blue with orange numbers... Power reserve is no longer than 12hrs. After 1 month of usage, the second hand started to hack around 13:00 pm unexpectedly. The watch continue working if I vibrate. I thought it was an incident but same thing happened the day after and after . . I really pissed off setting the time every morning. So after couple of weeks, unscrewing the crown and setting the hour and re-screwing the crown back in place.. the crown is probably warn out so now I am not able to screw the crown back.. It is written on TT website that the mechanism is ETA, but now I really lost all my confidence on the information. No one could make me believe that those chinese reps has any kind of ETA mechanism in them.. Additionally, the He valve is not screwed in, it is just a dummy valve which is forced in place.. about a year ago I have bought another PO from the same dealer with ceramic bezel but not the GMT version and on this one He valve was placed in by screwing. I was able to unscrew it.. PO GMT version has a great cosmetic look, but has very poor mechanism and other important details that makes the watch "a watch..."

This has been my experience with every single rep I own.

MilgramExp

...additionally .... my final decision is NONE OF THE CHINESE REPS. WORTH MORE THAN 50.USD WHATEVER THE MECHANISM IS... After facing such problems, I started to think that, how come a chinese factory will replicate a watch with an ETA mechanism.. This started to sound so crazy for me because I cannot imagine that "ETA" will supply mechanisms to china ! So it is obvious that all the mechanisms are coming out from some chinese workshop and those sellers called "trusted " are eating us by telling or advertising that the expensive ones are ETA ... I agree that the cosmetic look of some reps are nearly 100% .. but the beat in those are not so far away than any other cheap shit at all....

Same. I had a Noob PO go bad recently I wanted to repair. But $90 for a movement and $90 for service, that's half of what it would cost to just get a new one. If I could find the movement for $50 I would be more likely, now I just want to unload the busted PO and Milgauss I have in a drawer to recoup $.

MilgramExp

Noob GMT? This legit?

Edited by andyboy
link removed,stickwith TD`s

JSJ

Noob GMT? This legit?

Ask yourself if this is a TD. If not (hint: it's not), don't buy from them. And don't post links to Non-TDs because it will confuse others who also haven't read the noobie info.

black263

I bought one from TT Blue/Blue with orange numbers... Power reserve is no longer than 12hrs. After 1 month of usage, the second hand started to hack around 13:00 pm unexpectedly. The watch continue working if I vibrate. I thought it was an incident but same thing happened the day after and after . . I really pissed off setting the time every morning. So after couple of weeks, unscrewing the crown and setting the hour and re-screwing the crown back in place.. the crown is probably warn out so now I am not able to screw the crown back.. It is written on TT website that the mechanism is ETA, but now I really lost all my confidence on the information. No one could make me believe that those chinese reps has any kind of ETA mechanism in them.. Additionally, the He valve is not screwed in, it is just a dummy valve which is forced in place.. about a year ago I have bought another PO from the same dealer with ceramic bezel but not the GMT version and on this one He valve was placed in by screwing. I was able to unscrew it.. PO GMT version has a great cosmetic look, but has very poor mechanism and other important details that makes the watch "a watch..."

Slow you are. Have a look at this 6 year old post by Greg. Para 4 applies. http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930