Sign in to follow this  
Species

BR03-88 Aviation - from TT

Species

Received this today and put into a bandr sharkskin. This is one of the only BR "super reps", and the watch does look it. It came with the full box / tools / extra nylon strap and manual. I think it looks pretty slick in the sharkskin...

Interestingly - probably because I'm digging much larger watches at the moment - it's not really spinning my wheels the same way the PAM and BR01-92 are right now. So even though this is by far the most accurate rep I have, this is probably either going to be sold or given as a very special present to a certain younger brother... Apparently I have that magical combination of a thick skull and a burning desire to have just a few too many watches.

Looks great though - even with a phone camera. I will upgrade to a real camera shortly.

895120964e3af4c3c47e6bce17e26d41_zps249869ac.jpg

d45fc0ab-5e79-4095-bdf2-57a48ed3f508_zps93f880d0.jpg

6756966d6fb92e1a256fce1b0695621d_zpsf0eab016.jpgc27df0834dbdb8f6314c02ced493e929_zps58e1bd67.jpg

Edited by Species

Zachthebaker

funky!

hhawhp

How's the functionality on the digi displays?

Species

Dead on with the gen. I actually downloaded the manual from the B&R site and used it to program the watch. It's exactly the same.

TheSav

That strap really sets it off. Nice :)

hhawhp

Dead on with the gen. I actually downloaded the manual from the B&R site and used it to program the watch. It's exactly the same.

Wow, so chrono and everything?

Where'd you pick this one up from?

Edited by hhawhp

Arism

Great looking watch. Been on my list for a long time.

@hhawhp - Any dealer can get you one; though from the thread title, I believe this one is from TrustyTime. It uses the same movement as gen, so it has all the functions.

greg_r

Probably the closest to gen of all the B&R reps. Nice pickup!

watch.aholic

I thought this one wasn't available at the TD's anymore.

yawn

I m fancy a good br rep a long time but the LCD puts me down big time :(

frogflyer

Very nice, and the strap really adds to the look, sophisticated... :)

SSTEEL

Now that is interesting! I never knew this watch model was available. Another to my ongoing list to get ;)

flyr

SSTEEL said

Now that is interesting! I never knew this watch model was available. Another to my ongoing list to get ;)

Better start saving your pennies now then! Big $$$

SSTEEL

How much is this rep then?

To the OP, first dibs?

Edited by SSTEEL

Species

I paid $608 for the watch from Andrew at TT, making this one of the more expensive reps out there. But there is no question it is nice, and the sharkskin really takes it to a new level. Like I said, it's pretty slick.

IDK - the pendulum swings for me from smaller to larger watches and then back. Right now, I'm just in that larger watch phase... eh, just comes down to taste at any specific time I guess. I suppose I'll move to sell it - or otherwise it will go as a really really really nice present to my brother.

SSTEEL

Wow, didn't realise it was that expensive.

Replied to your pm ;)

Family vacation next month takes priority this time :P

Species

I'll wear this around for a while and see what I think. I will say that from a quality perspective, anyone getting one of these won't be disappointed.

rickyrosey

Really nice watch to bad the price is so high

mpower1226

I'll wear this around for a while and see what I think. I will say that from a quality perspective, anyone getting one of these won't be disappointed.

Would you pass me a contact for the vendor who sold you this super replica? I dont mind shell out coins for this quality..

mpower1226

Found it, it was from TT.

One thing I am not clear is that this comes with nice boxsets and waht not, but is nylon strap included along with regular rubber straps?

trksh-bzr

that's definately a nice pickup! congrats

I have wanted it since I saw Hont post it many moons back. I actually really really want it now. ugh.. :(

gsiguy

Hi, i just picked one up too. Unfortunately, mine came with the minute hand flailing around within the case... Now having not read the manual, the watchsmith i went to could not align the hands properly (as i think you set the hands via the digital output right?). So i will need to go back, read the manual and try to learn how to set the time to 12 o'clock so that the hands can be aligned.

Btw, as the watch came to me with the minute hand off the assembly, after the 'smith attached it, i noticed that the minute hand jumps. Is that correct for this quartz movement?

snowykim

I have a gen. Minute hand jumps half of a minute after every 30 seconds.

shaidx

i watch envy you!