Sign in to follow this  
themoo-12

Looking For Best Sub 50th W/ETA Movement

themoo-12

Anyone have a good idea as to where I can get the most accurate rep with the swiss movement? Im not worried about price Ive bought a few reps before but I just discovered this site :rofl: Thanks!

Luthier

Search "Our trusted dealers" list.

AllergyDoc

The "best" will come from WM9 via BK123. Supply is short. Cost is around $500. Here's mine for under $200:

3329094083_2a9b79f14a_o.jpg

It has it's faults, fer sure, but it would fool 95% of the public.

Member X

What AD said - BK/WM9 sub is the best but you pay for it.

trailboss99

Yup, BKLM1234's WM9 by a long shot. Not cheap tho.

Next best? LV Noobmariner ETA.

Col.

themoo-12

So the WM9 is best huh? Hmm how does the movement compare to a Gen? Ive owned a few jap ones with 21 jewel movement never stepped up to swiss.

rc42

The WM9 movement is a Swiss ETA, 25 jewel automatic (I think its the 2836-2 but might be the 2824-2 but they're almost the same), however, demand is high and supply is low so prices are steep.

The Noobmariner is much cheaper, available quickly and easily from Perfect Clones (Josh) and several other dealers, its movement will almost certainly be the Asia clone version of the 25j ETA (whether you pay for the 'Swiss' or not but thats a whole different thread)

The 25j movements have a 28,800 bph rate (just like a gen Rolex) whilst the 21j movements are usually 21,600 so the seconds hand sweep will be smoother with an ETA (or ETA clone).

I'd suggest the noobmariner with the Asia clone ETA movement, its a really good rep and quite remarkable for the price and it will fool 99% of people (actually because its a Rolex most people will assume its a fake anyway, this does annoy some gen owners)

Let us know what you choose :itchyandscratchy:

themoo-12

what mods can bk do?

Member X

BK can do Clarks or Gen crystal, gen bezel, gen bezel insert, gen crown, gen tube, and could probably do gen dial (and maybe hands and movement) if you had the $$$$ :itchyandscratchy:

Basically a WM9 is the closest to 1:1 you can get without going gen.

trailboss99

The Clark's is standard on a BK WM9 X, he fits them to get rid of the oversize etched crown, I know, I have one in my hands right now but that's another story.

Col.

sconehead
The Clark's is standard on a BK WM9 X, he fits them to get rid of the oversize etched crown, I know, I have one in my hands right now but that's another story.

Col.

Do tell Col...:lol:

themoo-12

I know I want some gen parts on it for sure the crystal and bezel insert, and the face if possible

trailboss99
I know I want some gen parts on it for sure the crystal and bezel insert, and the face if possible

Everything fits, it's only money.

Col.

pinkersc
Anyone have a good idea as to where I can get the most accurate rep with the swiss movement? Im not worried about price Ive bought a few reps before but I just discovered this site :lol: Thanks!

First check with Watchesinternational (Mary). This is the best site out there. Very honest.

Pink

Luthier
So the WM9 is best huh? Hmm how does the movement compare to a Gen? Ive owned a few jap ones with 21 jewel movement never stepped up to swiss.

Jap. movements??? Seems you wasted too much money on scammers.

Man, you have waaay many things to learn...

:lol:

themoo-12

Jap. movements??? Seems you wasted too much money on scammers.

Man, you have waaay many things to learn...

:lol:

They werent expensive at all cheapo reps :rofl: I really want to get a nice one that will last for a while

themoo-12
Have you read through this thread yet? http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...amp;#entry75933

yep! my watches were <$100 and I think for the price it wasnt bad I just bought it with the cheap movement but after 2 yrs the one I'm using broke sooo now I'm gonna but a nice one :popcorn: and by jap movement I mean the cheap asia one which is probably chinese

Edited by themoo-12

KBH

The cheapest sub I ever had came with a Jap movement (Miyota). It's possible.

themoo-12

I just wish the waiting list wasn't forever and a half :D

Luthier
The cheapest sub I ever had came with a Jap movement (Miyota). It's possible.

Mine too, but it was quartz.

rc42

Most people seem to get a Rolex as their first rep but then many move on to other things when they see whats out there.

It might still be worth getting a good rep and living with it for a while.

I started with a couple of subs and I still have them but I don't seem to want to wear Rolex these days

themoo-12

So I decided to order 2 watches from Mary. I ordered a 50th Sub with ETA, and an Ultimate DSSD. I heard the quality on both is great and she was a great person to deal with!

AllergyDoc

Good for you and good luck!

We expect pictures.

Member X

Nice choice! Will look forward to the pics :Whistle: