Sign in to follow this  
Chairman7w

New Selix Special Orange Bezel Received!

Chairman7w

I’m not a true watch conase… konasu… Co… expert, by any stretch of the imagination, so I can’t tell you how accurate this time piece is, or if the weight is accurate to the gram compared to the Gen, but I do know that it was a great price and I really dig it!

I wanted a watch to break up the blacks and silvers in my small watch box, and heard about the low-price special they had to offer at Selix.

So I got this from them, it’s their $35 special. Since I’m not interested in wearing a bracelet that says, “SeaMastel”, and since it was a total piece of crap anyway (crappy stamped metal clasp), I was more than happy to order a separate strap from Panatime. Then it was all about the waiting game.

Michelle helped me from the start, she was extremely efficient and I received the watch approximately one week after it shipped (I’m in Sacramento, California). It was packed to resist a nuclear blast, and came in unblemished.

I was able to remove the old bracelet (straight into the bin!) and get the new strap involved without trouble. Overall, I just LOVE the look of this, it may be one of my favorites in my meager collection (7 watches now and still growing!).

And now, the pics:

20130603_1843290.jpg

20130603_184550.jpg

OmegaOrange.jpg

OmegaOrange-3.jpg

OmegaOrange-5.jpg

OmegaOrange-4.jpg

Overall, I'm extremely happy with it. Selix (and Michelle in particular) were a joy to work with and I'll buy again from them without hesitation.

frogflyer

That does look very nice on that strap. Wear it well!

diegosaenz

I'm starting to fall for Omegas... Congrats mate!

PeterPotamus

very nice, and that strap looks great

HarleyMo

That was my first rep also aand I love this watch. Even thou I have many watches costing a lot more then this watch I still wear it often

trevsdad

very nice! wear that sucker well!!!

Chairman7w

Thanks - and Thanks to Silix for a great transaction from start to finish.

SSTEEL

Congrats, looks good for $35. Wear it well mate :)

TheSav

Looks good for $35. I hope you didn't really junk the bracelet. Another member might be able to use a link or 2. Even crap ones are better than none if you are in need.

Chairman7w

No Sav, I still have it. I should announce it free to any on the accessories forum.

Eadesy

Looks well on the wrist, especially at that price. No idea how they can be produced at that cost!!

Infinite9928

Price looks good....Watch looks better!

sgtguk

Nice piece and great combo with that strap mate Congrats :suck:

McJules

This look very nice on that strap!

I might throw one as well in my next order in that case

sbryantgb

Thanks for posting the pics, I threw one of these into my purchase the other day, just because the price was so low. I figured it would work as a beater for the girlriend. But I'm not so sure she will get it now.

dave0280

$35! Thats insane - cracking buy at that money - can't argue at all.

GrimReaper

I also bought this watch 10 days ago, and 2 more $35 ones with it. Should be here this week.

Primary reason was I really wanted to see the feel of a 45mm watch. But if the weight is gen like, more than 200g is just too much for my 6.5" wrist. Who knows, maybe if I put it on a leather strap, I might even wear it.

And I am also very interested in the quality of a $35 watch. Especially the bracelet, where even $300 ones have problems.

Also the movement interests me, I don't think it should have a Tongji, and also don't think it has a Seagull.

And another thing, how the case, bezel and dial compares to a more expensive $150-300 rep, but I can't compare that myself, because I don't have one yet.

But certainly it looks very good on these pictures.

Edited by GrimReaper

eilandes

Just approved qc pics for the same watch from Silix. Got the same kind of strap from another omega which I fitted with a SS one. Will now use it this watch. Just can't wait for this one to arrive. At the $35 price it really can't be a disappointment.

assmanthegreat

Got a link for this? Daddy want.

assmanthegreat

Never mind. Found it :)

drlead

That looks great. Do you have a link for the strap?

Chairman7w

Not a Link, but it was from Panatime.

Lev

Still, always impressed by the quality of the 35 dollar pumpkins. Great quality for little money! Wear her well!

eilandes

6azupa9a.jpg

Got mine today from Michelle. Great watch for that price. Going to change the SS strap for a leather one.