Sign in to follow this  
Chairman7w

New Selix Special Orange Bezel Received!

GrimReaper

I also bought this watch 10 days ago, and 2 more $35 ones with it. Should be here this week.

Primary reason was I really wanted to see the feel of a 45mm watch. But if the weight is gen like, more than 200g is just too much for my 6.5" wrist. Who knows, maybe if I put it on a leather strap, I might even wear it.

And I am also very interested in the quality of a $35 watch. Especially the bracelet, where even $300 ones have problems.

Also the movement interests me, I don't think it should have a Tongji, and also don't think it has a Seagull.

And another thing, how the case, bezel and dial compares to a more expensive $150-300 rep, but I can't compare that myself, because I don't have one yet.

But certainly it looks very good on these pictures.

I must say I am not very satisfied.

Weight is only 150g, so not gen like. But I like the lighter bracelet more, gen is too heavy, even 42mm.

Bracelet has solid links. Some links don't move that nice.

It has split pins, so it is very easy to resize if you have proper tools.

Clasp has one push button, which is a lot easier to use than a double deployant clasp with diver's extension.

Movement is DG2813, 21J 21.600bph. It stutters a lot, and the rotor is very loud.

Watch has date function, hand winding, hacking, screw-down crown and unidirectional rotating bezel. Also the He valve can be unscrewed.

Case itself is gen size. But caseback and bezel are from a 42mm model.

Bezel is not centered to the case, but moved to the left.

Orange color on bezel is too brown. Dial has diamond like texture, which is taken from the limited edition Quantum of Solace watch.

Case between the lugs has very poor finish.

Lug width is 20mm, it should be 22mm on a 45mm model.

Lume is not that good.

Measurements

case diameter from 2 to 8 - 45.5mm

width with crown - 46.9mm

thickness - 15.9mm

lug width - 20mm

bracelet width - 18mm

lug to lug - 50.8mm

end link to end link - 58mm

bezel diameter - 42.4mm

glass diameter - 33mm

weight - 149.7g

weight with 4 links removed - 137.5g

weight without bracelet - 77.7g

Pictures

img5191.jpg img5193.jpg img5194.jpg img5195.jpg

img5196.jpg img5198.jpg img5200.jpg img5341.jpg

img5351.jpg img5358.jpg img5365.jpg img5368.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper

Barth

Can't go wrong at that price ! Great looking watch mate ;)

gmchris

I also bought this watch 10 days ago, and 2 more $35 ones with it. Should be here this week.

Primary reason was I really wanted to see the feel of a 45mm watch. But if the weight is gen like, more than 200g is just too much for my 6.5" wrist. Who knows, maybe if I put it on a leather strap, I might even wear it.

And I am also very interested in the quality of a $35 watch. Especially the bracelet, where even $300 ones have problems.

Also the movement interests me, I don't think it should have a Tongji, and also don't think it has a Seagull.

And another thing, how the case, bezel and dial compares to a more expensive $150-300 rep, but I can't compare that myself, because I don't have one yet.

But certainly it looks very good on these pictures.

I must say I am not very satisfied.

Weight is only 150g, so not gen like. But I like the lighter bracelet more, gen is too heavy, even 42mm.

Bracelet has solid links. Some links don't move that nice.

It has split pins, so it is very easy to resize if you have proper tools.

Clasp has one push button, which is a lot easier to use than a double deployant clasp with diver's extension.

Movement is DG2813, 21J 21.600bph. It stutters a lot, and the rotor is very loud.

Watch has date function, hand winding, hacking, screw-down crown and unidirectional rotating bezel. Also the He valve can be unscrewed.

Case itself is gen size. But caseback and bezel are from a 42mm model.

Bezel is not centered to the case, but moved to the left.

Orange color on bezel is too brown. Dial has diamond like texture, which is taken from the limited edition Quantum of Solace watch.

Case between the lugs has very poor finish.

Lug width is 20mm, it should be 22mm on a 45mm model.

Lume is not that good.

Measurements

case diameter from 2 to 8 - 45.5mm

width with crown - 46.9mm

thickness - 15.9mm

lug width - 20mm

bracelet width - 18mm

lug to lug - 50.8mm

end link to end link - 58mm

bezel diameter - 42.4mm

glass diameter - 33mm

weight - 149.7g

weight with 4 links removed - 137.5g

weight without bracelet - 77.7g

Pictures

img5191.jpg img5193.jpg img5194.jpg img5195.jpg

img5196.jpg img5198.jpg img5200.jpg img5341.jpg

img5351.jpg img5358.jpg img5365.jpg img5368.jpg

My neighbour has a 1997 Subaru Impreza ex Colin Mcrae World Rally Car, still has the sticker on it from the Rally GB, the last round of the season. Its nice in Mica Blue metallic, with 555 livery, but when you look closely, the wheels are an inch too small and not the correct shade of gold, the rear seat has been refitted and the roll cage removed, it has a non-subaru bonnet vent, and there are two r's in "McRae" sticker

I am not that impressed.

But then again, MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE IT'S A BLOODY REPLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Gives him a good feelin pretending i'd imagine, like my watches do)

Heisenberg

Moaning about a $35 watch! What do people expect for $35?

Sakurai
Moaning about a $35 watch! What do people expect for $35?

Opportunities to moan? If you're a Moaner that is.

GrimReaper

No, you have it all wrong.

First of, the primary reason I bought these watches was to see the quality for this price. If you have at least one better watch, these economy models can't get a lot of wrist time, if any. I already have a Swiss ETA watch, so there is no point in wearing cheaper watches.

Another reason was to educate other people what they can expect for $35. But as I see, nobody cares about my review.

There is no moaning here. I got what I payed for. This was a review. And reviews have to be objective, what good would it be if I lied and said there are no problems with the watch?

And I have and update for the review:

Omega PO

It is not very accurate, +/-30s per day. Which means I can't regulate it either.

Same can be seen with a very cheap Tongji movement.

Omega New AT

It stops all of a sudden after 12 hours, then after one shake works for 16 hours more.

Rolex Submariner

Hour and minute hands stop after some time, but second hand still goes.

Edited by GrimReaper

gmchris

Grimreaper, sorry that i read your post as a swipe at cheapies , i can see now that it was a genuine review , so my sarcasm may be misplaced .

So are high value reps worth the extra? I have 3 cheapies (still a noob ) that all run +/-8sec a day and have tested the reserves at 44-46 hours each. The cases seem the same as the higher end reps and only the movements are different , although i may be a bit naive here. Having read plenty of posts of people with $300 watches having issues with stripped crowns and secs@6 and date changing etc, i don't think i would risk the extra cash on a posh rep that may fall apart the same as a cheapie. I wanna fool people into thinking im wearing a gen when i am out and about, but if they asked for a close up i would be honest.

Bear in mind the 3 below have only set me back £112 in total!

2013-05-21193757.jpg

2013-05-12141759.jpg

2013-05-27145307.jpg