Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Ordering from Trusty Time

Member X

Ok, to clarify for the newbies, I am in no way endorsing him or promoting his products as Trustytime is NOT a recommended dealer on this board, but he is a dealer on RWG2 and appears to be my only option at the moment...

Basically, I need a SOH v2 in Black, but the factory appears to have no more case sets and therefore have pulled the watch from production :(

Of the dealers on here:

Mary at Watch-International can't get it, despite her best efforts.

Lawrence (House of Souvenirs) has no stock.

Mark (TimesShop.net) only has stock in Blue.

Marvellous Replica don't have it on their website.

Ruby doesn't have it on her website.

I'm waiting to hear back from Robert (currently away from the office).

I'm waiting to hear back from Precious Time (ptswiss).

I'm waiting to hear back from Tony at Asian7750.com.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hont (hontwatch).

I'm waiting to hear back from Josh (Perfect Clones).

Trusty has however said "Stocks available. We will ship the EXACT watch as pictured and we do not shoot pics before delivery. We take time to check and test/QC all watches before shipment. Thanks"

I'm aware that I should take the check and QC claim with a pinch of salt, but would I be insane ordering from him?

It's only Asian ETA on the website, and I'm scared I'll get a v1 and then have major troubles getting it refunded, but if no-one else can get one...

Woe is me :( lol

graman

Great sadness, this be....

Catweazlebeingfoundbycarrot.jpg

dingle
Ok, to clarify for the newbies, I am in no way endorsing him or promoting his products as Trustytime is NOT a recommended dealer on this board, but he is a dealer on RWG2 and appears to be my only option at the moment...

Basically, I need a SOH v2 in Black, but the factory appears to have no more case sets and therefore have pulled the watch from production :(

Of the dealers on here:

Mary at Watch-International can't get it, despite her best efforts.

Lawrence (House of Souvenirs) has no stock.

Mark (TimesShop.net) only has stock in Blue.

Marvellous Replica don't have it on their website.

Ruby doesn't have it on her website.

I'm waiting to hear back from Robert (currently away from the office).

I'm waiting to hear back from Precious Time (ptswiss).

I'm waiting to hear back from Tony at Asian7750.com.

I'm waiting to hear back from Hont (hontwatch).

I'm waiting to hear back from Josh (Perfect Clones).

Trusty has however said "Stocks available. We will ship the EXACT watch as pictured and we do not shoot pics before delivery. We take time to check and test/QC all watches before shipment. Thanks"

I'm aware that I should take the check and QC claim with a pinch of salt, but would I be insane ordering from him?

It's only Asian ETA on the website, and I'm scared I'll get a v1 and then have major troubles getting it refunded, but if no-one else can get one...

Woe is me :( lol

I would wait at least one more day. Robert will be back in the office tommorrow. :)

greg_r

Andrew (Trusty) is normally okay. Although given that he's Josh's business partner I'm slightly surprised that he has the watch if Josh doesn't. By the way, I'd take that QC claim with a pinch of salt....

houndoggie

I actually ordered my Black SOH v2 from Trusty way back when. It came and was as advertised, except some piece of rice mucked up the movement (I shit you not).

NO.. they don't do QC. don't believe it. I'd say be patient and hit one when it comes up for sale on the boards.

graman

Rice???

Unbelievable!

trailboss99

Well just because Ruby and MReplica don't have them on their site does not mean they can't get one but if Mary can't find one I'd say they are out of stock.

I don't think anyone uses Ruby or MR's website to order, an email works a lot better.

TT may just have some still so he is probably your only choice for now.

Col.

Member X

Thanks for the swift replies, all :)

Just one more reason why I love this place :thumbsup:

I think I will ask Mary to refund and then try my luck elsewhere. Although I am tempted by the MoP DJ she listed, I don't want it as much as the black SOH v2 (and I have a mesh for it already on the way...) so will see what I can do!

Fingers crossed Robert has sorted out his wholesalers and has one spare!!

houndoggie
Rice???

Unbelievable!

I shit you not.

There is...or was a thread on it on RG.

dingle
Rice???

Unbelievable!

I shit you not.

they gotta eat :thumbsup:

Member X

At least you know it was a genuine chinese rep! :lol:

JoeyB

If Andrew at Trustytime has it, then Joshua at Perfect Clones will have it too, likely at about the same price. The are said to be partners. Both are drop shippers, they call in an order and it's shipped. They never see the watch. I can't speak for Andrew, but if you had any problem at all Joshua would take care of it, that is what he is best known for, his after sale service. But, if it was me, I'd tell Mary that Andrew located it, and Josh if he gets back to you. She knows where they buy and might be able to find it for you knowing where to look.

Member X

Mary has been asking at the factory I think, so I'm not hopeful :lol:

With regards to this:

Both are drop shippers, they call in an order and it's shipped.

They call in their order to their stock room? Or the factory?

If it's the factory then I'm worried I'll get a v1!

JoeyB

I'm not sure that anyone knows for certain, but most have said they drop ship from their factory. I think it would be very rare, if at all, that they ship the wrong version. Josh and Andrew do a lot of business, maybe more than most. They do it well, and right which is why they do so much. They are higher priced, but the after sale service made it good money spent. The thing is that now there are dealers just as good, at least as good service, and less expensive. They are on our preferred list. I'd encourage you to try Mary again.

Member X

It is the dropshipping from the factory that worries me - if they have no v2's then what is to stop them sending a v1 and then me having to argue it's not what I wanted and can I have a refund please?

Just seems like hassle :lol:

I will wait and see what Robert and the others come back with but I think my best bet may be second hand, as suggested above.

Dammit, my luck is never entirely good! lol

Have asked Mary to let me know if she finds out they have them in again!

houndoggie
Rice???

Unbelievable!

I shit you not.

they gotta eat :lol:

Not while they are putting my watch together..

Dammit, Rex deleted the thread in his mania. It was very interesting.

JoeyB

@MemberX, I've never heard of them substituting one version for the other if they are out of stock. Andrew or Josh would email you when they verify the factory has what you want. And again, if they verify they have it, odds are that Mary can get it too.

@HD, did you opt for the 'rice burner' movement? :lol:

Member X

I will have to send a plainly worded reply back to TT, asking if they DEFINITELY have the v2 in stock as the factory has sold out according to other dealers...

They are only offering Asian ETA instead of swiss so it's a little cheaper at $218, but that's still a lot of money to 'lose' if they f*** it up :lol:

KBH
Mary has been asking at the factory I think, so I'm not hopeful :lol:

With regards to this:

Both are drop shippers, they call in an order and it's shipped.

They call in their order to their stock room? Or the factory?

If it's the factory then I'm worried I'll get a v1!

I still don't believe that Josh's watches are drop shipped from the factories. I've been buying from him for 4 years and out of about 20 watches they are all shipped in the same boxes and seem to have the same person filling out the customs forms. They are all wrapped the same and taped the same. Basically every package looks exactly the same. So unless he buys all his watches from one factory I'd say it's impossible that he doesn't ship from his own stock.

And I'm sure that he doesn't personally QC each watch but someone that's shipping them at least is supposed to.

And the bead of rice...that's the $50 waterproofing service. Rice absorbs the moisture that leaks in. :rofl:

Member X

Thanks for the info, KBH :)

I have confirmed with Mary the refund and have emailed TT again to ask if they DEFINITELY have it in hand, so will await his reply... (along with the others!)

Dammit, I want this watch so bad!

Luthier

KBH, Josh and Andrew reside in Singapore, not in GZ. Did you get your watches from Singapore?

And yes, they both buy watches from the same factory. That's why all the shippings were made by the same shipping girl.

Or you seriously think, that they buy thousands of watches every month and the factory ship such a huge amount of reps to them every month???

By the way, Mary buy watches from the same factory, and then her watchsmith inspect it before shipping, I saw it by my own eyes in her office, and posted picture. She also has access to the few more factories, that's why she can source anything on Earth. So, "X", be careful and confirm twice - it's V2 version. Because if Mary can't get it- I doubt anyone can.

Member X

Thanks for the info, Luth :)

I thought that was the case so I am emailing TT with a picture of the different dials so he can check he definitely has it. I think he doesn't as he said he will check with the factory!

We will see...

Thanks again for everyone's help on this :)

Luthier

You should post the pics of both, and point the differences.

You're very welcome.

KBH
KBH, Josh and Andrew reside in Singapore, not in GZ. Did you get your watches from Singapore?

And yes, they both buy watches from the same factory. That's why all the shippings were made by the same shipping girl.

Or you seriously think, that they buy thousands of watches every month and the factory ship such a huge amount of reps to them every month???

By the way, Mary buy watches from the same factory, and then her watchsmith inspect it before shipping, I saw it by my own eyes in her office, and posted picture. She also has access to the few more factories, that's why she can source anything on Earth. So, "X", be careful and confirm twice - it's V2 version. Because if Mary can't get it- I doubt anyone can.

Please Luthier. You really think that all the watches come from the same factory??? The come from dozens, if not hundred of separate factories.

And yes, I know Josh is from Singapore, His wife is Chinese and her family (father, brothers?) work for Josh, in Ghuanzou. I've already had this conversation with Josh, and I tend to believe he is more knowledgeable about his shipping than you are.

Luthier

You didn't answer on the major question, mate - from where do you recieve his watches?

Ofcourse, there's 4-5 factories (not dozens) in GZ area, but only 2 are the best, rest produce cheapies, that Idolreplica and others sells.