Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Ordering from Trusty Time

JoeyB
And the bead of rice...that's the $50 waterproofing service. Rice absorbs the moisture that leaks in. :)

:):rofl: :rofl:

KBH, Josh and Andrew reside in Singapore, not in GZ. Did you get your watches from Singapore?

And yes, they both buy watches from the same factory. That's why all the shippings were made by the same shipping girl.

Or you seriously think, that they buy thousands of watches every month and the factory ship such a huge amount of reps to them every month???

By the way, Mary buy watches from the same factory, and then her watchsmith inspect it before shipping, I saw it by my own eyes in her office, and posted picture. She also has access to the few more factories, that's why she can source anything on Earth. So, "X", be careful and confirm twice - it's V2 version. Because if Mary can't get it- I doubt anyone can.

Please Luthier. You really think that all the watches come from the same factory??? The come from dozens, if not hundred of separate factories.

And yes, I know Josh is from Singapore, His wife is Chinese and her family (father, brothers?) work for Josh, in Ghuanzou. I've already had this conversation with Josh, and I tend to believe he is more knowledgeable about his shipping than you are.

Sounds like with all the 'explanations' about Josh and Andrew drop shipping or not is more likely a combination of all of the above. If it is as Josh told KBH then he is drop shipping, but using his family to do it. Get the order and pic, send to in-laws, they get it from probably a favored factory, and they ship it. That makes sense.

Member X

Well, have sent TT a link to this thread on RWG2:

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/107167-super...n/page__hl__SOH

and have attached the photos in order of relevance to the email, so fingers crossed...

Someone on RWG2 posted on 30th April that they received a v2, but that's almost a week ago now...

Have also emailed Hont with a pic of the v2 and the comparison pics off the thread so we'll see what happens!

KBH
You didn't answer on the major question, mate - from where do you recieve his watches?

Ofcourse, there's 4-5 factories (not dozens) in GZ area, but only 2 are the best, rest produce cheapies, that Idolreplica and others sells.

The watches ship from Ghuanzou, of course. That's where his business is. Do you think he never goes to China?

Robert is British. Doesn't mean he ships watches from England! :)

Luthier
You didn't answer on the major question, mate - from where do you recieve his watches?

Ofcourse, there's 4-5 factories (not dozens) in GZ area, but only 2 are the best, rest produce cheapies, that Idolreplica and others sells.

The watches ship from Ghuanzou, of course. That's where his business is. Do you think he never goes to China?

Robert is British. Doesn't mean he ships watches from England! :)

Exactly. From Guangzhou. That's my point. He reside in S-pore, and somebody in GZ ships his watches, SO, he never see watches.

That's what people call "dropshipping".

Ofcourse, he travel to GZ, but not to ship your watch, right?

Robert has the stock of watches in Bkk, shipped to his business place from China, that's why his watches come from Thailand.

Josh has no stock, that's why his watches shipped from GZ.

:)

dmisgod

listen and heed the Luth man, he has treaded GZ soil many a time :lol:

Member X

He has.

(Git, I want to go :lol: lol)

KBH

Robert is British. Doesn't mean he ships watches from England! :D

Exactly. From Guangzhou. That's my point. He reside in S-pore, and somebody in GZ ships his watches, SO, he never see watches.

That's what people call "dropshipping".

Ofcourse, he travel to GZ, but not to ship your watch, right?

Robert has the stock of watches in Bkk, shipped to his business place from China, that's why his watches come from Thailand.

Josh has no stock, that's why his watches shipped from GZ.

:clap:

We're arguing the same point other than the definition of drop shipping, Luthier. His business is in GZ and his people that run the business are in GZ. His office is in GZ. Is he there 100% of the time? Does' he personally check every watch? Of course not.

My point, which you fail to see is that he, or someone that works for him receives, checks, packages, and ships the watches. They are not packaged and shipped by the factory. If they were we would all be receiving reps from other dealers packaged in the same packaging that Josh uses. Bet you haven't seen that!

The strict definition of a drop shipper is someone that takes orders and just turns them in to the factory for shipment. Josh obviously does NOT do that.

I'll guarantee you that Robert doesn't check every watch that's shipped from his company. Why is it so important to you that Josh personally checks each watch that his company ships, and if he doesn't, in your mind he becomes a drop shipper?

sconehead

I thought Josh was from Singapore or somewhere like that and that his Chinese wifes family run the GZ side of things?

greg_r
I thought Josh was from Singapore or somewhere like that and that his Chinese wifes family run the GZ side of things?

That's my understanding too.

JoeyB

Yep, that was covered on page 1.

AllergyDoc

Based on my personal experience with Andrew, I wouldn't have any hesitations ordering from him.

Andrew shows a lot of watches on his site that Josh doesn't show on his. They don't have the exact same inventories.

Member X

Thanks for the replies all - sorry to cause an argument :P lol

Andrew is checking for me to see if he can get any (I think he is going to the factory so I'm not hopeful :)) and Hont has asked for a picture, so fingers crossed...

KBH
Thanks for the replies all - sorry to cause an argument :P lol

Andrew is checking for me to see if he can get any (I think he is going to the factory so I'm not hopeful :)) and Hont has asked for a picture, so fingers crossed...

Luthier and I never argue. We just occasionally have heated discussions.

Member X

lol Ok :)

pollux1
Based on my personal experience with Andrew, I wouldn't have any hesitations ordering from him.

Andrew shows a lot of watches on his site that Josh doesn't show on his. They don't have the exact same inventories.

+1 on that, I've bought quite a few from Andrew including a Rolex DJ which he repaired eight months after purchase, even though I had to send it back to China it was returned safe and sound and most importantly working fine. With regard to his stock I have seen at certain times diff stuff to Josh's.

sconehead

Yep, that was covered on page 1.

:)

JoeyB
Thanks for the replies all - sorry to cause an argument ;) lol

Luthier and I never argue. We just occasionally have heated discussions.

Oh, you don't know what you're missing... :P

Luthier
Oh, you don't know what you're missing... :)

He don't want to know, Joey, trust me.

:D

KBH, our goal is to know, how it work, that's it. I know, that Josh and Andrew are great dealers, my hat off, no any problem.

I know, members of his family helping him, that's why his prices are higher - he share profit.

But I'm 100% sure, more - I know, that he never see watches, except during his trips to GZ, maybe.

The definition of dropshippers is - the dealer who DO NOT personally inspect and ship watches, but redirect order to the factory or to another middlemen (in this case - his family members), who ship watches. Robert has a staff, who inspect watches, everyone knows it. I don't know, how many people works there, I think around 10, but all his watches are inspected before shipping by him or by his staff. I don't think members of Josh's family are watchsmiths, but I might be wrong. I'll send my people to GZ to check it out.

:rofl:

JoeyB
Oh, you don't know what you're missing... :)

He don't want to know, Joey, trust me.

:D

:rofl:

Member X

Ok, update to my ongoing saga...

(Thanks for putting up with me ;))

It now appears Hont can get it for around the same price as Mary, and he says he can get Swiss ETA.

Andrew has also said he can get it:

Stocks available for Black Dial. Brown Dial out of stocks. This V2 is from the Noob Factory in case you dont know. Many dealers dont take stocks from factories direct like me so they will not know who made this. Thanks

So now I'm confused...

I think Andrew is saying he has stock?

Hont has just come back to confirm prices but has not confirmed if he has it. (I thought he was a smaller dealer so didn't really keep stock?) If Hont can get it I would prefer to go with him as I'd like pics to check, which Andrew doesn't offer, but if Hont's going out to get it then Mary should be able to get it? Hont's english is also, er, limited...

My head hurts... :itchyandscratchy: lol

phaedo

Personally I usually buy from Andrew. Not had any problems, responds fast to queries, has a good grasp of english and when i have emailed with a query he has been able to answer it well enough to satisfy that he actually knows what is going on. Case in point: got my super avenger from him, emailed him about it wanting the bracelet, came back to me 15 minutes later with a simple can't buy it seperately from the factory (2 factories making it) but also advise because they are different factories the fit may not be that good either. Now, I sourced one through a member in the end, and he is correct - the fit, although alright, it was really hard to get the springbars on. Something that is probably due to it being a different factory placing the holes in slightly different places. Ended up ordering the watch on a friday afternoon, and it was here Wednesday morning. Initally tried Mary, she was going to swap the bracelet off one she had in stock onto a V3, I said how much for the watch and where do I pay. 2 weeks later still not heard any more from her. Versus Andrew, 5 days from automated order to on my wrist. May cost a bit more to go with him, but as I said, smooth transactions all the way. And when i needed a part, he included it free when I was putting another order through.

Member X

Woe is me! This is so hard without Mary or Robert... :) lol

Hont has now sent pics - it looks great! But the pics have a date of 18th Feb 2009 according to the electronic info on them... B)

If he spoke better english (if I spoke better/any chinese :Talk to the Hand: lol) it would be easier to ask him what the situation actually is. Trying to ask if it's the actual watch and point out this time and date stamp issue will be tricky... I might just have to say sorry to hont with a feasible reason and take the risk with Andrew, even though I'd like swiss mvmt, which Andrew doesn't have..

phaedo

FWIW time stamps are useless - I just checked the time stamp on photos I took for my sales thread, which are about 10 days old, and the stamp says something like 11/9/2009.

Member X

You are right, of course... I will email hont to check!

Luto

I've bought a couple of watches from Andrew and not had any problem. Communication is pretty good, watches arrive as described and well packed within about 2 weeks of the order at the latest. Wouldn't concern me to consider him again for another order.