Sign in to follow this  
Bash64

Murphy on vacation

Bash64

Had a good day the other day, when, for a change Murphy's law did not have it's way with me. I did not even cry once nor did my wife have to console me in any way. On the contrary, she was able to assume her typical stance and chose to ignore my excitment over yet another new watch.

I ordered a newSeiko SNZH57 as a donor watch for a FFF mod. Got a good deal on the watch through eBay and thought I would look at my options for mods. Yobokie has everything for this modification including dial, hands and caseback. Aftre looking through a few pics of other examples of this mod, I decided that I liked the Seiko stock sword hands as much as the FFF option and that the caseback was not an issue for me. So I ordered the dial only and sat back to wait.

I find waiting is easier if I forget what is incoming, which I did, and was happily surprised to get 2 pacckages in the mail on the same day. Donor watch and new dial arrived at the same time!! That never happens. I opened the watch and had the dial swap done and back together in about 30 minutes. Everything looks and runs great, and for a change, I did not break anything in the process :)

By keeping the Seiko hands, I also keep the Seiko lume on them which is a bonus since the dial lume is not fantastic. Brady strap is on the way, and I may make a custom leather option as well.

Harold is a great guy to deal with and is also a fast shipper. This FFF mod is an improvement, I think, on the already nice Seiko and I know this one will get a lot of wrist time. This model is slightly larger than many Seikos and is close to 43mm.

FFF.jpg

Mazz

Harold is the man

Mazz

Harold is the man

TheSav

Looks awesome. Congrats.

Bash64

Thanks - this one is getting lots of wear right now. And Harold IS the man - very easy to deal with.