Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

Where and when will this all end..

dalboy

Like most here i have been collecting reps for donkeys years..i dread to think how much money i have spent over all that time..tbh it would frighten me.

My question is..who is the oldest collector in town..how long have you been collecting and can you see your self collecting way beyond your pension book days.??

Bear in mind that 75 is the new 65 are there any 70 +'s still collecting..if so is it still a hobby ? or more of an addiction..and how do you prioritise your next purchase..would you hankering for the latest super rep Pam exceed your need for a new pair of shoes say....for me watches and shoes are two sides of the same coin...Yeah i know i have it bad.. :D ...

Dal

Baldrick

Can't really answer that......I've only been here a short time :blink:

dalboy

Balders, really !!

Baldrick

O'rlly !!!

sconehead

I believe our imperious leader is pushing on in years now...so old in fact that he has a rep sundial in his collection...it's true...

RichardMiami

tis true Sconey... but he bought that sundial from me after I had it in my collection for some time..........

I got it from Frank

Baldrick

I don't think Greg will appreciate your tone Scone.....or you calling him imperious......I can see demotion in the pipeline......I mean as a Mod, let's face it, you're about as useful as a marshmallow toothbrush ....ergo....not really essential :B):

sconehead

...to onlookers I'm granite...but I'm crying on the inside after that heinous remark...best don my red strides again I guess...;)

Frankt8242

I turned 72 today, and have been collecting for @ 20+ years now.....I don't buy many these days, but I still play with them a good bit!!

I have a drawerful of quite old gens that were my earlier focus genre before I got into reps @ 9 or 10 years ago...

And..I hope to add another 20 years to my total.... :giggle: :giggle:

Baldrick

...to onlookers I'm granite...but I'm crying on the inside after that heinous remark...best don my red strides again I guess... ;)

Whatever brings you solace. ;)

@Frank...congratulations...Happy Birthday to you...and many of them... :thumbsup:

Hillscape

I find it to be an addiction. What looks good one day loses the shine the next. My want list is now up to 75, and trust me, I don't have that many relationships in my life to give as gifts, ill just keep them for myself.

SSTEEL

Happy Birthday Frank.

I have been interested in watches since I was a kid, but only started getting into reps back in the late 90's.but then with work left the hobby for several years, but now retired, Im back in and loving it. I'm not quite 75, but a young 43 :D

dalboy

Happy Birthday Frank..

Long may you collect..another 20 years !! ..way to go mate..

Dal.

black263

Frank has me beaten. I'm a mere 65. I also have a rep sundial, but, at night, the lume is rubbish, and most days, here in UK,you can't even see a shadow. Do you know a modder who could fit a rotating torch to replace the current mechanism?

greg_r

I believe our imperious leader is pushing on in years now...so old in fact that he has a rep sundial in his collection...it's true...

I'm a mere child by comparison with some of this lot :brightlight:

(Mid fifties - been collecting watches for most of my life, but reps only since around 2000).

Many happy returns, Frank! :bcake:

Dendo

Yeah Happy Birthday Frank

:bcake: :bcake: :bcake: :bcake: :bcake:

greg_r

orly-ostrich.jpg

Cyril_Clunge

orly-ostrich.jpg

Perhaps he was here in a previous life?

Baldrick

Haven't we all....or..am I unique :blink:

ronin007

Happy birthday frank!

onzenuub

Old farts :rofl:

gtwc

Happy Birthday Frank !

I am 57 (soon to be 58) and have been interested in watches since the mid 1960s when I was in Singapore.

My father (ex-Army officer and a member here and at RWI) will shortly have his 88th birthday, has some 30 reps

plus numerous gens and...............another 2 reps incoming.

Beat that !!

:giggle:

spboudart

Happy Birthday Frank !

I am 57 (soon to be 58) and have been interested in watches since the mid 1960s when I was in Singapore.

My father (ex-Army officer and a member here and at RWI) will shortly have his 88th birthday, has some 30 reps

plus numerous gens and...............another 2 reps incoming.

Beat that !!

:giggle:

Whaouuu

pessa

I have so many watches all hidden from my wife,in my cars garage, at work in the boot of the car .When my son was younger he ran into the house with one of my watches I had hidden in the chook pen and said "Mummy look the chickens have laid a watch"I intend to collect them into my 80's

Knackeringham
Happy Birthday Frank.

I have been interested in watches since I was a kid, but only started getting into reps back in the late 90's.but then with work left the hobby for several years, but now retired, Im back in and loving it. I'm not quite 75, but a young 43 :D

43 and retired?? WTF!!