Sign in to follow this  
TheSav

Sydney GTG August 17th 2013 - set in stone :)

dainese

Nice photos Jorge. Nice to meet you sir.

TheSav

There are photos up in a photobucket album that Jorge linked to a few posts up. I have to say that the GTG was a blast. It was good to meet like minded people and chat about watches, tupperware and share a few beers and laughs. There were some real characters there and everyone that attended was a pleasure to talk to.

Just a word of advice for anyone attending a future GTG. BRING SOME FUCKING WATCHES!!! There was a serious lack of watches which was the one disappointment. I was hoping to try more on. The funny thing is that Jorge was busier trying on his own watches than anyone elses. :lol:

dainese

There are photos up in a photobucket album that Jorge linked to a few posts up. I have to say that the GTG was a blast. It was good to meet like minded people and chat about watches, tupperware and share a few beers and laughs. There were some real characters there and everyone that attended was a pleasure to talk to.

Just a word of advice for anyone attending a future GTG. BRING SOME FUCKING WATCHES!!! There was a serious lack of watches which was the one disappointment. I was hoping to try more on. The funny thing is that Jorge was busier trying on his own watches than anyone elses. :lol:

Agreed. More watches would have been better - not a deal breaker as I had a good time either way.

bwhaha @ Jorge.

credo325

Sorry I didnt make it everyone. At the last minute I got called into work over the weekend and there was no turning back. Sigh*

Next time!

xbb

I attended the GTG with no interest in either PAMs or APs. Now I have to get at least one of each. Thanks guys.

Plus I'm gonna need a watch traveling case. Tupperware just don't cut it.

There was a funny incident where someone, can't remember who, was talking with the guy who was clearing empties from the table. He was asking questions about the millions of $ worth of watches lying around. Not realizing they were reps he asked which was the most expensive watch. He got an answer like don't know. Money isn't really the most important thing to this group. He looked visibly impressed with this answer and I'm sure would have introduced us to his sister if pressed.

Jorge-(WhoreHay)

xbb,

If I come back to Sydney (or Canberra! Yeah, right!) I'll get you a watch case! Tupperware is for food left overs! My wife would have traded my case for your Tupperware!

It was me that the server was asking that question. I replied: "I really don't know who has the most expensive watch". Which was true! Truth be known, Chris (The Sav) probably had the most expensive watch (Steinhart) before that beautiful gen Panerai showed up. What a beauty!

yawn

are gen watches acceptable? just wondering, when I get all my watches back from modder, i definitely gotta attend the next GTG.