Sign in to follow this  
Larry

Hello - Breitling Navitimer help needed

Larry

Hello!

Well I have spent that last few days trawling through all sorts of websites wondering whether I would ever find an independent source that could give me some impartial advice on the world of replica watches and lo and behold I stumble across this website which could appear to have the answers!

I've been a long time admirer of watches and spent many hours peering through the windows of expensive jewellers but unfortunately for me, my boss doesn't seem to concur with my opinion that I am vatsly overworked while incredibly underpaid. So for now... I hope to have found a solution to my thirst for a fine timepiece.

I would love to pick up a replica Breitling Navitimer and was wondering if anyone would be able to provide some sound advice to a naive young man like myself as to a good place to start.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I look forward to spending some time on the board and only hope it doesn't encourage me to spend copious amounts of cash on replicas when I could just save up and get myself a genuine!

Cheers. Ian

Edited by Larry

AllergyDoc

Ian Larry? Larry Ian?

The best Navitimer reps have faults, the worst of which is the lack of AR (anti-reflective) coating. You can have that done after you buy the watch, but expect to be without your new treasure for at least a couple of months. White dial models are the best when the crystal lacks AR: it's not so obvious. It's very obvious on dark dial models.

You can window shop on Josh's site (a trustworthy dealer for many years):

http://www.1-pc8838.com/breitling-navitimer-c-84_164.html

(It does say the crystals have AR, but my understanding is the AR is not very good.)

Member X

Welcome aboard! :)

We all know the feeling of underpaid/overworked, don't worry :D lol

I fear you may be struck with the terrible illness we all have where all our spare money gets sucked into the abyss of repworld :popcorn:

Fiddo

Hello Larry! :popcorn:

Welcome!

dmisgod

welcome m8.

I wouldnt start with a briet navi, rather with a Rollie DSSD or SUB or a PO, those reps (the "super" high-end ones), bought from the right dealer, are as closest to the gen as they get.

rc42

Welcom Larry :)

As Doc said, the AR on most Breitlings is pretty poor, its often described as 'light AR' which is a low quality coating on the underside of the crystal, most reflections come from the top of the crystal so it will look very different to a gen.

One of the best Breitling reps is the Super Avenger which is a big imposing lump of steel and the double AR on these is exceptional, the Superocean Heritage models are also amongst the best reps you can get and so is the Superocean Steelfish, all of these are near impossible to tell apart from the gens unless you really know exactly where to look. Did I miss any?

EDIT - Add to that some of the Chronomat Evolution models (some do have overly 'blue' AR but other are excellent)

Larry

Thanks for the welcome guys.

How disappointing! So the general concencus is that the Navitimer reps aren't really worth it? That's not what I wanted to hear. I do appreiate your opinions though. the problem is that this is the one watch I see every time I walk past the shop window and think, wow, you know? And obviously it's that black face one I like the most, just in case it needed to get any more unlikely to find a good one.

Anyone have any other suggestions at what might be worth looking at?

greg_r

Well, before you get too disappointed, there are still plenty of people out there that are happy with their replica Navitimers. It depends on how nit-picky you are. A top of the line Navitimer rep is still a very nice watch indeed - it's just that some of us have gotten spoilt by the recent spate of so-called 'super reps' that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing B)

If a Navi is what yanks your chain, I'd say ignore the miserable bunch of haters earlier in the thread and just go for it! :)

If you want to see how good they can be - here's the most accurate review of the rep Navi I've seen: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...p?showtopic=110 Unfortunately, the pics seem not to be showing up at the moment - looks like By-Tor may have moved them, but if you have a look around on the board - and on some of the dealers sites - you should find a few decent images.

Hope this helps

dingle

welcome to the nuthouse :)

Larry

So despite a couple of warnings about, i still think i'm gunna order myself a Navitimer. I just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of a good dealer. I can see from around the board that Mary's watches look great. The watches at houseofsouvenirs seem very cheap and the pictures look like they are of the original and not the rep which leaves a few questions, yet the feedback on here for houseofsouvenirs seems very good.

Again, and prod in the right direction would be much appreciated. That said, some fucker cloned my credit card which i conviently realised whilst out today so i'm gunna have to wait a week for my new one to be delivery by the trusty royal mail.

GC

Well, first off, hi and welcome...

I look forward to spending some time on the board and only hope it doesn't encourage me to spend copious amounts of cash on replicas when I could just save up and get myself a genuine!

Cheers. Ian

uhhh...cough* cough*...too late mate! it's all down hill from here (but with really nice watches on the way down)!

bob bean

The Navitimer was my first also.

I used to think it was big. Tiny now!

IMG_1335.jpg

trailboss99

Nothing wrong with Lawrence (HOS) mate. I doubt there are any gen pics on his site and defiantly none in his section here.

The main problem with Navis is that the date at four models have a sunken date wheel due to a gear train being in the way on the MVT used in the rep. The best overall is the Montbrilliant if that's floats your boat that's the way to go if close as possible accuracy is important to you.

Everyone should have at least one Navi. I'll get on to fixing those pics in BT's thread ASAP.

Col.

greg_r

+1 to what Col said. If Lawrence posted gen photos, he wouldn't be a trusted dealer here. ALL of his photos are of the replicas he sells. ;)

Larry
Nothing wrong with Lawrence (HOS) mate. I doubt there are any gen pics on his site and defiantly none in his section here.

The main problem with Navis is that the date at four models have a sunken date wheel due to a gear train being in the way on the MVT used in the rep. The best overall is the Montbrilliant if that's floats your boat that's the way to go if close as possible accuracy is important to you.

Everyone should have at least one Navi. I'll get on to fixing those pics in BT's thread ASAP.

Col.

Thanks for the advice mate! I do like the look of the Montbrilliant, hut would I be right in assuming these suffer from the same AR faults as the other Navis? I'm just wondering whatthe difference is to warrant such a different price, as on HOS. I'm sure one of you regulars can enlighten me! Just a shame about the AR as I already have a white chrono and so I can't really see the pout in gtting something that looks so similar.

Waiting for my new bank card is killing me!

JoeyB

I got mine from Mary at Watchinternational. She's on our recommended list and Mary is an outstanding dealer that might be able to save you some money over other dealers. I have the Navitimer World GMT in blue dial. I really love the watch and have not noticed any AR issues, but I'm not real picky. Here is a pic from her web site:

70d133f16b69c6015161badba09c56bb.image.733x550.jpg

rc42

If you go for a white dial watch you won't notice the AR, with a black dial you will, especially if you ever put it side by side with a gen.

With the darker dials it is noticable, compare the rep Navitimer below with the gens, the reflections from the crystal on gens are almost nothing so the dial really 'pop' out and shows off the fine detail.

Personally, I find the Navitimer dial too cluttered and prefer the cleaner looks of the Chronomat Evolution and the Bentley models but they do have quite a fan base.

70d133f16b69c6015161badba09c56bb.image.733x550.jpg

Ceas-Breitling-Navitimer-World-_211_3.jpg

navitimer01.jpg

Baldrick

the two tones are nice :D

243BREITLINGTWOTONE7750NAVITIMER-2.jpg