Sign in to follow this  
Blacksheep

Tudor Sub does the reverse cowboy with SeaDweller....THE BASTARD CHILD

Blacksheep

Ok,

I was bored today and threw together some parts I had lying around from various unfinished projects.

Here is the BASTARD Child:

ETA 2836

Tudor Submariner Dial (Saltwater Damage)

SD Hand Set

SD V2 Case and Bezel

Fitted 5508 Bezel Insert

NATO Strap

Abomination or no???

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

KinCaidk

Bastard or not. I think it looks sweet!!

Let me know of you ever wanna sell those rusty old parts :popcorn:

Blacksheep
Bastard or not. I think it looks sweet!!

Let me know of you ever wanna sell those rusty old parts :)

Thanks Brother. The movement is kinda fucked up. I got it cheap cause the keyless works were jammed. I took them apart and semi fixed them, but

you can't stem wind the watch now. I recommend wearing it naked while dancing around to footloose :popcorn: ....that would probably wind it up enough to

get it going. If I ever sold it I would let you know. I'm not real sure of its reliability at this moment....

cybee

That watch has character :popcorn:

KBH

I'll have to vote abomination. The hands are brand new and look funny.

Sounds like you forgot to put the little spring in place that pushes the winding gear backwards. Simple fix.

Check out picture 11:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=4315&hl=

rc42

I just don't get the appeal of 'vintage' watches, throw it out and get a new shiney one I say :popcorn:

As a tatty old watch though I have to agree that the hands need to match a little more.

You could try towing it behind your car for a few miles and see if that would help the 'distressed' look

AllergyDoc
You could try towing it behind your car for a few miles and see if that would help the 'distressed' look

Worked for my neighbor when he wouldn't turn his damn stereo down!

I agree; vintages are an acquired taste. I like new and shiny, too. I can appreciate the effort that goes into vintages, though. (I just can't understand it.)

Baldrick
I just don't get the appeal of 'vintage' watches, throw it out and get a new shiney one I say :)

As a tatty old watch though I have to agree that the hands need to match a little more.

+1

Can't see the attraction in wearing something that looks as tho' it's been battered about in an old cutlery drawer for 25+ years, a watch should day something about the wearer, besides which, no serious diver would let a watch get into that state.

Give me a nice'n'shiny AP or Patek every day of the week, JMO, but that looks like shit and I imagine it's wearer would also. :popcorn:

AllergyDoc

Unless the watch really is old, then it's cool. (As long as it runs.)

So I like fake watches that are new and shiny but think fake watches that are made to look old look "fake". :popcorn: Can someone explain what's wrong with me?

KBH

Who's going to call you out on an old beat up looking Rolex. Unless you were into reps you'd never expect it to be fake, would you. Especially if the guy wearing it is older than 50.

I do agree that it's very easy to overdo it. I'd prefer one that looks aged. Not abused.

Blacksheep

Really wasn't going for any vintage look, just making use of spare parts. I bought the tudor dial to go in a GEN Tudor that I have, but

I decided to leave it like it was and give it to my Dad.

I think the appeal of vintage for some, and for me is the process that you go through to make the watch look aged. Yeah, you can

tie it to your bumper and drive down the road, but in the end you have a watch that looks like it was tied to a bumper and skidded down

the road. Its a real art form for some if its done right. I have ruined more dials and parts than I care to disclose by doing "too much".

It's really no different than the guy who spends hours sanding his bezel insert and crown guards to perfection. Different strokes for different

folks.

I still like shiny new ones too....thats why I keep buying them..

Blacksheep
I'll have to vote abomination. The hands are brand new and look funny.

Sounds like you forgot to put the little spring in place that pushes the winding gear backwards. Simple fix.

Check out picture 11:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...ic=4315&hl=

Thanks brother, I will give that a try. It was my first time with the keyless works and I had no references...probably why it doesn't work just right :D

solkryssare

I like it!

scope

I think it looks great. Just need to vintage the hands a little.