Sign in to follow this  
dickywicked

Timewalker Chrono A7753 - winding?

dickywicked

hey all, complete noob here, sat with my new MB timewalker chrono 7753 from a TD that keeps stopping. It works for a few hours then I look at it and notice it stopped about 30 minutes ago. I work at a desk most of the day and a few shakes of the wrist gets it started again, but there doesn't appear to be any way to give it a manual wind...when the crown is pushed in it clicks when rotated anti-clockwise and i feel resistance when rotated cw and i dont want to force anything....

is there a way to manually wind the A7753 on this watch or do i have a faulty watch?

any ideas?

Odyseus

yep, pull out the crown and rotate clockwise (looking at the crown), there should be some resistance as you are winding the main spring, the second crown position sets the date and the third the time.

Mechwarrior

more handshake :giggle:

dickywicked

yep, pull out the crown and rotate clockwise (looking at the crown), there should be some resistance as you are winding the main spring, the second crown position sets the date and the third the time.

there are 2 positions when i pull out the crown - the first does nothing at all and the second sets the time. there is no resistance except when the crown is pushed in - and this doesnt appear to do anything.... it is the 7753 i have not the 7750...

Loonie

Unscrew the crown and gently wind clockwise. If there is no resistance, then something sounds wrong.

jacobarch

wind it about 20 times put it on your wrist and whalla it should it keep itself wound. If not then you have an issue.

Mirage

This is not a screw in crown. Just rotate push the crown all the way in (Closed position) and rotate it GENTLY clockwise.

Do you leave your chrono working permanently?

Loonie

This is not a screw in crown.

That makes more sense.

dickywicked

This is not a screw in crown. Just rotate push the crown all the way in (Closed position) and rotate it GENTLY clockwise.

Do you leave your chrono working permanently?

This is correct - thanks! It works the same for my Frank Muller Casablanca Chrono A7753. When the crown is closed, a gentle turn clockwise seems to trigger a few spins of the auto movement and then it works. about 10 gentle turns clockwise and it runs for a long time, and whilst working the movement of my wrist keeps it wound. i'm pleased i understand that now!