Sign in to follow this  
dave0280

Crazy Hours Rep - 21J movement

dave0280

Hi all - firstly I haven't got a photo yet but will add one soon.

Got a Crazy Hours mid size rep from MRep - great quirky little dress watch and always a good conversation piece. However, the rotor and the movement are really noisy - so much so that it puts me off wearing it - sounds like a ratchet! I was in a work meeting the other week and went to reach for something and the 2 people either side of me looked at me as you could hear the rotor spinning and then the lovely ratchet sound of the spring winding! Arrgghh.

Anyway - can i make this quieter or (and I may be dreaming this) I may have read somewhere that you can convert this to handwound to eliminate the noise. Maybe a dumb question as i have no idea about movements so apologies if it is.

Will try and upload a pic asap - for $108 I can't complain.

Arism

As far as I know, rotor on the 21j movement is generally pretty noisy. If you really must, you could remove the rotor and render it a handwind.

Nonetheless not bad for a cheapie.

4E4C4E42-431B-4962-AA5A-B53A99F19134-1915-00000261C4087F2D_zpsc86a64b1.jpg

rickyrosey
As far as I know, rotor on the 21j movement is generally pretty noisy. If you really must, you could remove the rotor and render it a handwind.

Nonetheless not bad for a cheapie.

4E4C4E42-431B-4962-AA5A-B53A99F19134-1915-00000261C4087F2D_zpsc86a64b1.jpg

I own the same watch, but mine almost doesnt make a sound, pretty quiet

machiavegli

I've tried the gen on at the dealer, no rotor noise obviously but also discovered it looked like a ladies watch on me, kudos if you can pull it off !

-Mach

Arism

I own the same watch, but mine almost doesnt make a sound, pretty quiet

Mine is definitely noisier than my other watches but on the wrist, not noticeable whatsoever.

dave0280

Its a cracking little watch for the money so may try and remove the rotor as the jumping movement works fine and keeps excellent time. I must say after wearing my Pam111 i should have gone for the Jumbo but wanted to franken it with a gen dial which are only available in the mid size - in two minds now considering the noise.

rickyrosey

yeah the dial is one of the biggest tells on this watch, but could you get a gen dial im interessted as well?

dave0280

yeah the dial is one of the biggest tells on this watch, but could you get a gen dial im interessted as well?

Ebay - few on there at the moment but £100+. You need the 26mm x 34mm dial for the mid size and with a little bit of modification it will fit. A decent strap and you've got yourself a super rep.

gtwc

I have the 'Crazy Color Hours' FM.

21j (thanks Reg / Narikaa)

Very quiet rotor.

Try ear-plugs

:giggle:

yawn

I find Long Island is much easier to pull off, I m building a Franken, might be able to show it off near the end of the year, hopefully....

dave0280

I find Long Island is much easier to pull off, I m building a Franken, might be able to show it off near the end of the year, hopefully....

Sounds good - look forward to seeing the finished article.

Mont Blanc

Any update? Want to see the franken :)

Mont Blanc

Here`s mine :)

DSC04495.jpg

DSC04497.jpg

DSC04499.jpg

DSC04501.jpg

DSC04487.jpg

DSC04503.jpg

DSC04509.jpg

LightGeek

Are FM watches generally super thick?

Mont Blanc
Are FM watches generally super thick?

You mean thickness of the case? I think majority are quick thick. Ive only owned the crazy hour versions.

Cannibal

Where do you get this watch so cheap?