Sign in to follow this  
berrien

Royal Oak Navy, color not close to gen?

berrien

Hi all.. first post. Hello!

I've been lurching and picked up a BigBang SS, Pan, and a Super Avenger but now I'm ready to jump into Audemers. Question is I like the gen Navy and white Royal Oak but the pics I've seen of the rep show the pushers in a very light and fem pale blue. First pic is the gen, second is a pic of the rep from one of the trusted vendors. Love the gen but want obviously as close to it. Does anyone have this one? If so am I right in seeing this? If so I'm going to get the Safari or Don Ramon instead I guess. As a newbie with no gold reps, I'm obviously a little concerned though about spending $600 on a plated watch. Pics of the Ramon and some posters look amazing tho. Any feedback? I've got the bug already in 2 months and picked up 2 gen Tags also and a Corum and read every watch magazine. Wife thinks I'm insane up at might staring at reps. Actually VERY glad I found out because I was gogin to buy a Pam for $10k and after having the reps prefer the Big Bang, not sure though a 20 rep collection or 1 gen. Prob stick to collecting reps. No flames please, first post and I'm not a forum guy.

P1010005.jpg

big.jpg

Edited by berrien

masmannan

Don't bother with this Navy version, unless you can find someone to adjust the colour of the pushers. Consider, the AP Tour from Intime.co - although he is not a TD from here.

Good luck.

Masmannan

berrien

Thanks masmann,

Your right every picture of the rep I see has hideous light blue pushers not navy, to bad I love the color sceme of the gen. This seems like such a basic thing to get the color right, considering how amazing the reps I have ordered are. Blown away every time when I first get a look at them in real life. Looks like I'm going to order the Don Ramon but spend another night looking at pics and checking out the AP tour. By the way for any other noobs like me, Toro has been rock solid on all three of my first reps and I'm personally going to stick with them. Thanks

onzenuub

You're welcome. :P

sardonix

Color is not gen like, but its a lovely watch.

Here a real life pic of my former navy sold it

mvwZZOa.jpg

ronin007

Spoke to toro about this watch yesterday,was going to buy black pushers and crown guard to put on it

masmannan

The pics look sweet and the gen is just simply outstanding. But the light blue pushers....meh.

ronin007

Kinda like itAP03-005_zpsfdd714a1.jpg

James.

very far from gen, but if you like the colour scheme, go for it

lukerenegade

hi I am also new! Where do you best get your reps from? I mean which dealer? any preferences? (especially AP's..)

berrien

Hi Luke,

So far all three reps from Toro and they have been great! Only thing is that I was reading that they had a PayPal issue and I placed my order for an AP the day before yesterday and haven't heard from yet to find out how to pay. I own a small business and also constantly have to battle with 1 our of 500 clients that threaten to call their cc card and dispute charges or scam us to get free services. With that said, I am going to be very patient and just wait for Toro to get back to me. What I've learned so far is that they have all the same connections so you can go to any TD's site and read posts to find the one you like and just e-mail them if they don't have the one listed and they can get it. I love the Big Bang SS that just came in and blown away by it. I got a gen band on e-bay for the super avenger I got from Toro that is comming in the mail today as I felt this was the area that might have been lacking. I'm ocd so I made the mistake of finding the AP threads and the strap threads and now I'm pulling all nighters thinking about my next purchases already. I just did my intro on the newbie thread and trying to go by the book so this pic is not AP related but here is my start... 3 gens and 3 reps. In a year I'm sure I will be geeking out with a huge signature and a long list with mods galore. Thanks again to the replies to the topic, going to pass on this AP and ordered the Don Ramon until I get more knowledgable about mods to make this one's pushers look more gen. Can't wait for my first AP.

hhfb.jpg

lukerenegade

Hi Luke,

So far all three reps from Toro and they have been great! Only thing is that I was reading that they had a PayPal issue and I placed my order for an AP the day before yesterday and haven't heard from yet to find out how to pay. I own a small business and also constantly have to battle with 1 our of 500 clients that threaten to call their cc card and dispute charges or scam us to get free services. With that said, I am going to be very patient and just wait for Toro to get back to me. What I've learned so far is that they have all the same connections so you can go to any TD's site and read posts to find the one you like and just e-mail them if they don't have the one listed and they can get it. I love the Big Bang SS that just came in and blown away by it. I got a gen band on e-bay for the super avenger I got from Toro that is comming in the mail today as I felt this was the area that might have been lacking. I'm ocd so I made the mistake of finding the AP threads and the strap threads and now I'm pulling all nighters thinking about my next purchases already. I just did my intro on the newbie thread and trying to go by the book so this pic is not AP related but here is my start... 3 gens and 3 reps. In a year I'm sure I will be geeking out with a huge signature and a long list with mods galore. Thanks again to the replies to the topic, going to pass on this AP and ordered the Don Ramon until I get more knowledgable about mods to make this one's pushers look more gen. Can't wait for my first AP.

hhfb.jpg

wow thanks!

ronin007

Saw this yesterday,now begins the search

yngchrn

Not close

berrien

Thanks Valante for the "for reference link".. love the mods these other guys have done with gen dials, straps, and darker pushers on this Navy but it's still over my head just yet. Not even sure who or what "Franken" is. I bid and won a gen bracelet for my Super Avenger from e-bay and got it for $100 but it was an older version and didn't look as good and the watch guy in th mall struggled to get it installed as it was not lining up right with the pins so that cost me another $80. I'm semi happy with that noob attempt at a mod but going to stick with "as close to gen as possible" from the begining until I gain more knowledge. I've noticed a lot of the guys with modded collections don't seem to have a lot of gold and I'm just guessing that the stainless watches are closer to gen or there are issues with plating. With that said I ordered the "Safari AP Roo" instead of this or the Don Ramon. I will post it when I get it for us noobs.

Edited by berrien

ronin007

Think it would be fair to say the safari and don are 2 of the best AP reps

sardonix

Get a Don for WOW effect.

ic5LiVT.jpg

wwicka

did you end ep buying the AP Navy, i read your post and i was glad that somebody actually likes the Navy, with $600 price on the AP which is relatively more than the AP Diver they should have perfected it more, i want the navy so bad but i am reluctant toeards spending that money and not getting the Super replica thing, i was considering buying it anyway and changing the strap to a Gen Navy horsebackstrap? so where do you find the flaw again on the watch ?

which AP would you pick ?

jeffw69

^^^^^^you have to ask him that question in the Gulag, for OP is an inmate.

wwicka

atleast reply son

Arism

^^^^^^you have to ask him that question in the Gulag, for OP is an inmate.

atleast reply son

:picard:

Dumspiro

Managed to pick one of these up for $428 + shipping (TD on another forum, not here).

For me the pusher colours are not wildly out. Definitely a beauty:

019_zps9c0490d1.jpg

020_zpsa9c90bee.jpg

Needs a better strap of course...

ronin007

Sent you a pm