Sign in to follow this  
PeteM

Gen MM Strap against the latest H maker Rep Strap

PeteM

I thought I would post a few pics of the gen MM strap along side the current H makers rep plus a few short comments

You can see in the pics that the gen has much better profiles,depths and is also a different shade.

The only way I can describe it...is looking at the gen you see a tyre/tire tread..looking at the rep you see squiggles. The gen really looks like a tyre ...

Feel wise the rep feels like plastic rather than rubber...sort of like those cheap plastic rulers kids get... it really is sweaty to wear and significantly it smells..

The gen has a really strong odour of vanilla...I mean really strong... you can smell it on your wrist.. even other people have asked "what's that vanilla smell?" so its pungent.. :)

The edging is different on the gen to rep and the gen is thicker...Overall the gen is worth the $120 I paid without doubt... but you can also use a nice PAM style strap etc...

I really think and certainly for me...once you have seen the gen on the wrist ...the rep is easy to spot IMHO

The strap options are limitless as the 24mm straps will fit with a little negotiation.. I have had several 24mm PAM straps on it... which is nice as they are padded so look well sitting up into the lugs..

But any 24mm strap will work...all you need to do is place lug of strap on hard surface and push slightly on both ends...its only 1/2 mm each side ;) then slip it in the lugs...simplez..

Also some of you like the brown Chopard strap on the grey dial...you might be interested to know that Hadley Roma do a very similar shaped/padded and finish and its only $23 on the bay... Its also a very good qulaity especially for the dosh... I think model reference is 3085.

null_zpsb3d3440c.jpg

null_zpse81fcce8.jpg

null_zps6a7a1da2.jpg

null_zpsec5def48.jpg

null_zpsa81ce21a.jpg

null_zps4c6eece8.jpg

The TAG maker strap is about the same as the H makers in look at qulaity but does come with a vanilla smell which doesnt last long :)

rogdog

Wow that's definitely a huge difference ! Can I ask where you bought the gen strap?

PeteM

null_zpsc290d52c.jpg

null_zps63a3c657.jpg

Wow that's definitely a huge difference ! Can I ask where you bought the gen strap?

From an AD mate

thedavidrush

It's funny you mention the vanilla smell. I recently bought a gen U-Boat strap lizard/calf/rubber, and it smells effing delicious! I find myself sniffing my wrist every once in a while.