Sign in to follow this  
cougar1

Anyone interested in getting an Aqua terra repped?

tommylad

If it's in the same ballpark as some of the best POs, then I'd be interested.

cougar1

Not much news on this front, they are still mulling over picking up the gen for replication, which is a pity as I had hoped they would've got that far by now. I will had names to the list later. At the very least we've already shown that there is solid ongoing interest in getting a good rep made, next move is up to the makers really, not much more we can do but sit tight!

Edited by cougar1

yowhitemomma

Black for sure, count me in

torqiet

black for me. im in.

Tiktok

tiktok

member interested and count me in for the blue dial

Edited by Tiktok

marressey

Do count me in (if you haven't already). I'm willing to buy both black, blue and white if they're any good (and not monstruous in size).

veritech

Just bumping to see if there's any update.

TheInthusiest

Totally up for it! I'd love a blue aqua terra!

gecko0

I would be interested in the black version.

Viquito

Count me in! :D

HarleyMo
Totally up for it! I'd love a blue aqua terra!

Count me in on the blue

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4

cereal killer

any more updates on this? seems to have dropped off a bit :sad:

cougar1

Nah, disappointed so far. Especially that they haven't purchased the gen for replication yet. But things are generally moving at an injured snail's pace with new release of reps anyway. With this watch I just wanted to create an interest list to show to a number of dealers (particularly Angus) that this would be a reasonable seller and for them to push interest to a few factories. We achieved that with over 150 people saying they would buy in the first month. Not much point adding to the list further at this moment, as even though a couple of factories have said they have interest in repping it, nothing is happening in terms of the project getting off the ground. Lots of interest shown on this thread, if anybody is on rg go to puretimes section and bump the AT thread, we might get the one of the interested factories to go out and buy the gen eventually :)

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=176374

Sorry to anyone who was hoping for a release of this by Xmas or something, we would be lucky to get them to start the replication process by Xmas, and a release by next summer.

Also to note a separate BP factory rep of The AT was rumoured for release around May/June of this year, that didn't get off the ground either!?! For some reason these watches don't appear to be popular enough to rep, why I don't know, open caseback may be the big issue, but seeing as lots of reps of AP 41mms are appearing now with open caseback also this should be a good project.

Will update thread if any progress.

cougar1

OK some info and an update! :)

The maker bought the grey dial sad.gif

...not quite what was asked but still a result of sorts, blue will be hard to rep from pics but not impossible, the other versions black and white/silver should be easy do from the grey. As long as the details are pretty good then we should see a few versions.

Edited by cougar1

James.

Why haven't they bought the Gen? Its not that expensive ffs $4k 2nd hand, a few more from the boutique.

Pjh, and they need to do blue teak, bugger black, bugger white, blue is the best by far, a lot more unique

cougar1

They just bought it semaj, and yep I hear ya, should've gone for the blue, wtf were they thinking, we all said go for blue all the time! ....but at the same time I think at least this is some partial result, not what we wanted but it was seriously looking like they couldn't be bothered repping it at all. Hopefully they can rep a good blue sunburst dial from the grey and pics, makes things more difficult for those looking for blue, difficult but not impossible. Black, white and grey will be easy though.

Edited by cougar1

Olly

I just love the classic look of the watch ! TBH it isn't even that difficult to replicate !

peakpower

I'm all in for this Omega Aqua Terra 15'000 gauss... more elegant than a Rolex Milgauss...

aqua_zps8ee837ba.png

http://www.omegawatc...ews-detail/2267

Ephry73

Definitely black dial for me. I'm down for two when this is done.

fellowsis

put me down cougar, I'm in.

cereal killer

That's good news that they've got the ball rolling and bought the gen. I'm also pleased to hear it's the grey dial as I think that version is the nicest.

Can I ask why it's the 38mm being repped and not the 41mm? I would have thought the larger size would be more popular.

Miller109

looks Ubercool!......go for it.

Gee_J

So now they have the gen how long does it usually take to produce a good rep? Obviously I mean a rough timeline as I'm sure it depends on many different factors.

Sparkal

So now they have the gen how long does it usually take to produce a good rep? Obviously I mean a rough timeline as I'm sure it depends on many different factors.

Good question, just look how long the tudor BB has been in production...........

Man I want one of these though

Redxds

I'll take a blue!.......or black?