Sign in to follow this  
baxter

Hearing some bad news from china

Finchy

To those who are a bit lost here, Thailand has very lax laws on sex with children, we were warned about it in the military on our stops during westpac, were told to avoid the American and European ex-pats in the bars because they were more than likely pedophiles/sexual deviants. I loved thailand, took my wife back three times, but of course always avoiding the old creeper ex-pats sitting in the bars with a 14 year old.

I can assure you that Thailand does not have lax laws on sex with children and if you get caught you will be visiting the Bangkok Hilton. If you are lucky and can access a large amount of cash straight away, you may be able to buy your way out of it, but once you're in the system you need some pretty influential contacts to stay out of prison.

I agree with you about avoiding most expats in the bars, but thats because i've met too many bullshitters tapping you up for money or trying to rope you into their latest 'guaranteed, can't fail, get rich quick' scheme. Surprising how many ex CIA/MI6/SAS/Special Forces there are living in Bangkok/Pattaya.

Baldrick, is this one of the regular Thai crackdowns designed to show the world they're serious, before everything goes back to normal, or something more long term? Hard to see the politicians/police/other ínterested parties giving up the lucrative income stream they get from the kickbacks.

BTW I sent you a PM recently. Not sure if you read it or just ignored me :)

court

Its been an entertaining little thread this. It's confirmed my views on some people and given me new insights to others all of which may ultimately turn out to be wrong. But just like the crackdown (or not as the case may be) i'll judge by what I see actually happening not what someone tells me is going to happen.

We'll know in the fullness of time what impact this has had and given we can't do anything to affect it either way there's not point calling people pedo's or mindless jingoistic fools.

Whilst entertaining this thread hasn't added anything to my knowledge of reps or the rep market, hell it hasn't even told me where to buy the best sub. What it has done is shown us the worst aspect of internet forums and the people that frequent them.

Time to shut it down I'd say.

CaptainFantastic

At the end if the day, if there's a crackdown and we can't have any supply of rep watches, so be it. After all, it's not exactly a legit practise we are all involved in is it? Whether its true that there is a crackdown, or if its all just Chinese whispers (pun fully intended) lets face it, we've all had a good run at it. I'm not gonna loose any sleep over it all.

Baldrick
Baldrick, is this one of the regular Thai crackdowns designed to show the world they're serious, before everything goes back to normal, or something more long term? Hard to see the politicians/police/other ínterested parties giving up the lucrative income stream they get from the kickbacks.

This goes much further than the usual "steam-roller" press call........it's quite serious......if you don't think anything has changed......visit one of the most famous names in the rep business. .....Nah Piek in MBK....try to buy a 2 tone Sub or an AP ROO......the answer you'll get is "no hab"....if you doubt that....ask Reg to get you one.......he'll get the same answer as you.

The supply chain is not as it was.......will it stop tomorrow. ....no......but it is becoming harder to find good stock......in BKK at least.....which has always been supplied from China.....so if they're facing difficulties.....so will we......remember.....where we've seen an incremental change in the quality of reps......it will be incremental changes in the supply chain that we will have to face.......allied to ever more draconian measures to stop you buying them......pressure from Paypal.......that will gradually transfer to other funding sources such as WU.....if the US government can strongarm the Swiss banking sector......spy on their ( and other countries) citizens......it won't be much of a challenge to strongarm WU / Moneygram / Visa / Amex etc ......for info and measures to curb black market currency activities...... ( read : terrorist ).

@Finchy...sorry I don't see a PM from you.....try resending. ....!

BTW......it's a common fallacy that politicians get kickbacks (from the fakes biz...at a low level perhaps) ....that's always been the province of the Tam Ruat ( BIB ...Boys in Brown...police)......this responsibility has been stripped from them......the politicians are looking to land the big fish....USD contributions into their economy ......errrr....pockets :B):

Haltec

Just hearing from Luth that he's had an email saying that one of the rep factories has been hit - 16 in jail 170,000,000 yuan of goods seized - special operation apparently not just the usual crackdown ..... seems the new guy in charge has teeth - that's all i know but i'm sure it will be all over the boards soon :(

Don't worry

The new guy don't have teeth - He is having shares in competitive factory.

: )

All is going to work as it is...

BR

Haltec

arancini

Its been an entertaining little thread this. It's confirmed my views on some people and given me new insights to others all of which may ultimately turn out to be wrong. But just like the crackdown (or not as the case may be) i'll judge by what I see actually happening not what someone tells me is going to happen.

We'll know in the fullness of time what impact this has had and given we can't do anything to affect it either way there's not point calling people pedo's or mindless jingoistic fools.

Whilst entertaining this thread hasn't added anything to my knowledge of reps or the rep market, hell it hasn't even told me where to buy the best sub. What it has done is shown us the worst aspect of internet forums and the people that frequent them.

Time to shut it down I'd say.

This. Well Said.

Frankt8242

So, you're a frackin' 2 week millionaire and suddenly YOU know all about it......I've lived in Thailand on and off since 1986 and permanently since 2003....speak Thai fluently, married to a Thai......not to mention all the trips to China......traveled and done business throughout Laos, Vientiane, Cambodia, Vietnam and having lived and worked in Saitama for 3 years.......and you think you're in the know.

Where are you now?

Cos I'm in my home in Thailand.....90 mins from BKK.....and a 3 baht tel call from at least a dozen of my suppliers....and I'm telling YOU......numbnuts........that the situation HAS changed in Thailand.....regardless of your 2 week forays to Patpong market and Boyztown :B):

Backpacking and renting an apartment on the Khao San Rd and visiting Angkor Wat... doesn't conflate to being an EXPERT on Thailand...or Asia !!!

Well...shit....I flew low over the "Plain of Jars" once in a "Willy Fudd", and I consider myself a Lao expert!!...

Oh SHIT wait!!!!.....That was a "top secret" mission!!....Does this mean I have to move to Hong Kong too...????.. :giggle: :giggle:

gB.

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg

What do you think this is, Repgeek?!? You have no authority here...

:lol:

jacobarch
:catfight:

onzenuub

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg

I never said I have authority here, nor do I have that at Repgeek. Are you that dumb that you cann't see what is a joke and what not? :rofl:

gB.

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg

I never said I have authority here, nor do I have that at Repgeek. Are you that dumb that you cann't see what is a joke and what not? :rofl:

Are you that dumb that you did you not see the :lol: smiley?

cragster
:death: we are all doomed to wear a lorus,doomed i say :death: or even a 503193_350.jpg Edited by cragster

onzenuub

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg

Yes, I did see it, just wanted to know if you are that dumb.. :rofl:

gB.

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg

dunno

onzenuub

Oke, thread closed.

closed.jpg

dunno

OKe :D

Kcore

WTF, I thought there would be BOOBIES :kma:

spacepicasso

Nature of the business,

You can't stop the black market tho...

gB.

There was, in post 146. Did not you see them?

Kcore

OHHHH, A BLUE PAIR AT THAT!

scorpion

1 caveman.gif

OKE - Summary for anyone else late here before they read all 11 pages, Zero Real Bobbies, 1 Gulaging of a noob knob, other noobs acting hard, Baldrick up to his usual high standard of response, Onze found a new sign. Thats it. :giggle:

Odyseus

Have I missed anything????

jacobarch

Nope, seriously, nothing worth talking about.

scorpion

CLEARLY you missed my extensive, exhaustive, enormous, extravagant thread summary. The one in the post in front of your one designed so that you would not need to ask " Have I missed anything?" :giggle:

onzenuub

OHHHH, A BLUE PAIR AT THAT!

:boobies3: :boobies3: :boobies3: :boobies3: :boobies3: :boobies3:

Sparkal

CLEARLY you missed my extensive, exhaustive, enormous, extravagant thread summary. The one in the post in front of your one designed so that you would not need to ask " Have I missed anything?" :giggle:

:giggle: :giggle:

I thought you were taking the piss with that comment, imagine my surprise when I go back one page and see the BEST summary of this thread.