Sign in to follow this  
niklas

Genuine Daytona

niklas

Evening guys

So, I've been wearing this Daytona for about a week now and not surprisingly, It's starting to grow on me!

Anyway - I just wanted to share a few pictures with you guys. Enjoy.

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

Thank's for watching.

flyr

Aye Ca-rumba!

Sparkal

People dis these. Yes they are a bold choice, yes the bling factor of the ICE will draw comments,

I would love to give one a whirl.

Nice nice nice, So are you Trialing it? or?

gmchris

When someone says "gold daytona" i throw up a little in my mouth, but this actually looks nice, perhaps my tastes are changing. I think it is the strap that saves it, and matching clasp. I could not cope with this on a bracelet- or worse still on a loose bracelet with a tracksuit and backwards baseball cap.

Mmm looks classy!

niklas

People dis these. Yes they are a bold choice, yes the bling factor of the ICE will draw comments,

I would love to give one a whirl.

Nice nice nice, So are you Trialing it? or?

I agree with you - it's definitely a bold choice and people clearly eyeballs it everywhere.

I'm just borrowing it from an acquaintance of mine. I own a couple of gens but no Daytona.

niklas

When someone says "gold daytona" i throw up a little in my mouth, but this actually looks nice, perhaps my tastes are changing. I think it is the strap that saves it, and matching clasp. I could not cope with this on a bracelet- or worse still on a loose bracelet with a tracksuit and backwards baseball cap.

Mmm looks classy!

I absolutely agree with you regarding the strap and I myself at least would not be able to pull it off with a solid gold bracelet.

IMHO the strap gives it a more refined look, and I'm not saying it makes it subtle but it's actually makes it wearable - even when you're not all dressed up.

niklas

Mmm looks classy!

The guy with the tracksuit you're talking about would probably go with the solid gold bracelet though!

sms

I would sure like to find a leather strap or three like this one. The very first rep I bought was a rep of this watch but with the gold bracelet. I've never worn it out of the house. Not learning my lesson I've bought two more FG Rollies and haven't worn those either. One day maybe I'll feel like I can pull it off, but I doubt it.

niklas

I would sure like to find a leather strap or three like this one. The very first rep I bought was a rep of this watch but with the gold bracelet. I've never worn it out of the house. Not learning my lesson I've bought two more FG Rollies and haven't worn those either. One day maybe I'll feel like I can pull it off, but I doubt it.

I've been been there but ever since I bought my first gold rep I haven't dealt with gold reps at all.

The few times I left the house with my president Day-Date (at least the small 36mm one though) I found myself pulling my shirt sleeve down once near other people.

This one though is different.

sms

I agree. The strap makes this watch. I've tried leather straps but using the endlinks and clasp really sets it off perfectly. I'll have to source one. Maybe searching for this will keep me from buying any more reps for awhile....

niklas

I agree. The strap makes this watch. I've tried leather straps but using the endlinks and clasp really sets it off perfectly. I'll have to source one. Maybe searching for this will keep me from buying any more reps for awhile....

The end-links does makes a big difference. I've seen many "bracelet-Daytonas" converted to leather straps which doesn't look good at all.

fetasigma

Mmm looks classy!

how about this gold dw, does it give the same throw up factor

null_zps0149c642.jpg

niklas

I don't know how gmchris feels but I generally don't have problems with vintage gold models.

I suppose it's got something to do with what people associate with the new Rolex gold sport models..

fetasigma

I hear ya, I got that gold Daytona not to long ago and I love it.....it gets gentle wear though because I have no idea how thick the plating on the baby is

James.

I prefer it with the gold bracelet, but that's just because I like the heavy feel of a solid gold watch and figure if I'm going to wear a gold sports watch, you may as well wear a real flash one. That said, I don't mind this set-up, and the diamond dial is a lot less gaudy than I'd have thought it'd be.

niklas

I hear ya, I got that gold Daytona not to long ago and I love it.....it gets gentle wear though because I have no idea how thick the plating on the baby is

That's understandable - I would probably wear it gently as well.

niklas

I prefer it with the gold bracelet, but that's just because I like the heavy feel of a solid gold watch and figure if I'm going to wear a gold sports watch, you may as well wear a real flash one. That said, I don't mind this set-up, and the diamond dial is a lot less gaudy than I'd have thought it'd be.

I get what you mean. The downside to this model also, in comparison to the one with the bracelet, is of course that you can't take it swimming, etc.

fetasigma

it is beatifull though....if I were to go real and modern.....might have to go that way

niklas

it is beatifull though....if I were to go real and modern.....might have to go that way

As I said - it's really starting to grow on me as well. I might leave the country..

_DC_

I like vintage Daytonas but have always hated the modern ones........ but in gold with diamond dial I kinda like it. I don't think it's too flashy at all, if anything it's the strap I don't like, would much rather have the matching gold bracelet!

I have a full gold sub on its way to me at the moment, now that is too flashy haha!

I may have to add one of these to my wanted list!!

DC

Miracle

Im about to jump on a full gold day date 41mm just hope the gold holds out my first gold watch

jboshey

With the gator strap, that is a very nice piece.