JW.jpg

I love that Tudor Chrono.

KinCaidk

I don't get it

houndoggie
I don't get it

They are mostly superfrankens.

KBH

What? Don't know J & W? They make reps with so many gen parts, most consider them Superfrankens.

Edit: yeah, what HD said.

KinCaidk

I don't get it.

Does Superfrankens mean that they become gen over time?

Omeg@007

is the J & W trusted site?

trailboss99

If you have a spare 4 to 12 grand go for your life mate, you will get what you pay for.

Col.

ebzen02

If you have a spare 4 to 12 grand go for your life mate, you will get what you pay for.

Col.

For some of the prices they have you can get a new gen rolex..They are nice though, but still reps. Although you can argue that they are gens that had some refurbishing..

KBH

J & W is no way sanctioned by this forum, but they've been around for a long time. Phong is well known in the rep world.

KBH
I don't get it.

Actually quite a few of them probably have. I'll bet more than one has been sold as a gen, and more than one has been sent to a Rolex service center and passed their scrutiny.

houndoggie
I don't get it.

Actually quite a few of them probably have. I'll bet more than one has been sold as a gen, and more than one has been sent to a Rolex service center and passed their scrutiny.

Yep.. they have ascended... those lucky few.

trailboss99

Col.

For some of the prices they have you can get a new gen rolex..

Yes, but not one of those models. A DRSD is now 40 grand plus, a PN 'tona 50+ for one worth having.

Col.

KBH

That $950 Tudor Sub is tempting. I've got almost that much in several reps.

ebzen02

Col.

For some of the prices they have you can get a new gen rolex..

Yes, but not one of those models. A DRSD is now 40 grand plus, a PN 'tona 50+ for one worth having.

Col.

Definitely, not disputing that and those pieces are beautiful and historic. For those that have enough cash to burn, but don't want to trash $50K on the gen it is a great alternative. + no one will call you out and you'll have some serious bragging rights.

trailboss99

Speaking of trashing that is the other point. Wearing a gen DRSD or the like as an everyday watch, especially if it still has a pearl is not really practical. A 4 or 5 grand rep of one is a different story. Same with the 'tona. Scratch the insert or crystal? No biggie on the rep, just get a new one. Destroy an original crystal and your world falls in. Lose a gen tritium pearl and that's 900 bucks down the toilet, assuming you can find one.

Col.

ebzen02
Speaking of trashing that is the other point. Wearing a gen DRSD or the like as an everyday watch, especially if it still has a pearl is not really practical. A 4 or 5 grand rep of one is a different story. Same with the 'tona. Scratch the insert or crystal? No biggie on the rep, just get a new one. Destroy an original crystal and your world falls in. Lose a gen tritium pearl and that's 900 bucks down the toilet, assuming you can find one.

Col.

Yup..Agree. If had a gen of those watches they would be in a safe in a swiss bank. And I would buy one of these as my daily beater only taking the gen out for political/diplomatic galas and red carpet events..lol

trailboss99

And joy flights with JetMid, naturally. :)

Col.