Sign in to follow this  
dmisgod

ChronoIgnorant

Tressles61

I have that Navi too. You must get the black croco deployment for that. It really makes the watch IMO.

no_one
Anyone else, besides me, actually use a slide rule in high school? :lol:

I did. There was no such thing as a calculator until about grade 11. Damn, I'm getting old!

As for the slide rule on the navi, it's completely useless even if you know how to use it. Slide rules only work when they line up properly & none of the reps do.

BTW - here's mine...

NaviWrist.jpg

rc42

Anyone with a serious need of a slide rule for backup purposes would certainly want a reliable watch too and must be in a high enough paid job to get a gen. The ones on reps are toys, just like the reps themselves.

Slide rules can be very accurate and very fast if you know what you're doing with them, unfortunately modern schools don't really teach children to use numbers in their heads, its all calculators and pocket computers.

:lol: Fakey.... I guess there'll be an 'expert' article from you about slide rules soon, you seem to know as much about them as you do watches.

AllergyDoc

My first calculator was a Sperry. I still have it and it still works. I dig it out of the box now and then to show my kids. "Look. This is what I had to work with when I was your age." Now they have ones that show graphs on how to bend time and space.

When I got that calculator, my physics teacher wanted to see it. He grinned like a kid at Christmas.

rc42

I bought myself a Sharp EL-5101 calculator while I was in school, it was way ahead of anything that anyone else had and was even, wait for it...., programmable. It had a 48 step program store and could use variables, it was just enough to solve quadratics by formula.

I still have it and it still works, though it does look a little dated these days

C0381.jpg

dmisgod

whooaa guy's, hold your horses, this is turning into geekpost :D

fakemaster

You can be a dick all you want RC but the rep Navi is wrong. Only an idiot would trust it. But you're more than welcome to prove all of us wring. I suggest you take a long flight over the ocean and test it for us....please....

KBH

If anybody wants the Cliff Notes version of how to use it. I just ran across Toad's Guide on RWGjr.

Toad's Guide to using the Navi

houndoggie
Anyone else, besides me, actually use a slide rule in high school? :lol:

I did. There was no such thing as a calculator until about grade 11. Damn, I'm getting old!

As for the slide rule on the navi, it's completely useless even if you know how to use it. Slide rules only work when they line up properly & none of the reps do.

BTW - here's mine...

NaviWrist.jpg

That is purdy... :drool:

trailboss99
I meant the rep one. :thumbsup:

In that case I agree 100%, the rep will put you into a mountainside dede damn quick.

Col.

rc42

Amazingly enough, it is possible to agree with fakey 100%

However, I've only ever seen it happen in posts where he uses 5 words or less.