Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

Seiko...

HeavyKrush
Both are great watches, but another vote for the black one from me too. Liking that model more I see it. Charcoal version..

front.jpg

Wow, I think this is the one.

RUSH2112

The thing that impressed me the most about the rep boards when i was considering joining was actually the attitude towards seiko, citizen, etc... I assumed these would be looked down on even though I always appreciated what they brought to the table.

HeavyKrush

Thought I had it, then I found this one...

f0f3232cba893eed8fbd1612cbebe3e3_zpsccbb1308.jpg

fragzzone

I like the SNZH more but would love the hack movement. I think the SNZH is more a dress watch than the SPR. The SNZH57 is very nice because it came with gold hands and hour markers. It is under $150 too :D

+1

daeffy

Have a look at the snzh 55 and 57 as well. Same design as the 53, but alternative finishes. I prefer the 57 myself - classy as hell

seikosnzh57-280213.JPG

Bought this watch on greg_r's recommendation and it's probably the classiest watch in my collection. Was gonna by this Blancpain, but he talked me out of it :)

8701205324_00b1de9682.jpg

HeavyKrush

Yeah, I think I'm injecting my own opinions into this. I think his wife would be happier with the SNZH57 but I'm concerned he won't wear it as a daily watch. Probably over thinking this also. For sure going with the SNZ, just need to nail down the colors.

HeavyKrush

Quick side by side of all (3)...

6f4908be21178fb0ca23fedf98171189_zps02b7a7c4.jpg

Leaning towards the black.

HeavyKrush

Done. Ordered the 57, (black and gold). Pics when it arrives.

Thanks Greg!

Thang

Very good choice. I just one recently and enjoy it very much :)

S3nd fr0m Tr@nnsform3r

SteveA

Just bought the 57 for £109 should have it in a few days.got the as and gold black face.thanks for pointing this one out Greg

jcglobal

I would vote for the black. The Seiko 5 is great stuff. If you can spend a little more you could get him a Monster either black or orange for about $200 on the SS bracelet. You would not be making a mistake. The movement does not hack, but the WR is 200M.

Good luck.

HeavyKrush

I would vote for the black. The Seiko 5 is great stuff. If you can spend a little more you could get him a Monster either black or orange for about $200 on the SS bracelet. You would not be making a mistake. The movement does not hack, but the WR is 200M.

Good luck.

My hope is this will peak his interest and he'll buy one himself.

ShovelnTC

Glad to see you ordered one.

When compared with what we pay for reps there are some really nice seiko/citizen watches available for under $200.

I have a nice Citizen chrono that I bought just before getting into the reps and I love it as well as a 20yo Seiko quartz that has never missed a beat and was my beater until I just couldn't see through the crystal as it is so scratched.

Hope your friend enjoys!

frogflyer

Awesome....standing by patiently for pics :popcorn:

HeavyKrush

Should be here tomorrow. Friggin Amazon is great.

docbp87

Great choice. I have a Black Monster (previous generation, not the new one with the hacking/winding movement), on a 20mm Oyster Bracelet that came off of a Seiko 5 watch, and love the way it looks and feels on the wrist. Seiko represents some of the best value for money in the watch game.

daeffy

Congrats, HV! Great choice!