Sign in to follow this  
Stoaty

What to say if you do get a customs letter stating you have been sent a rep?.

dalboy

To be honest I’m a bit worried about this EMS tracing is showing that my watch was handed over to customs has of this morning.

I’m in Canada.

They don't shoot people anymore in Canada for importing rep watches, so no worries.

They stopped shooting , when the hanging started .. :giggle:

nev848

Better than receiving a French letter through the post...

greg_r

I'm interested in Greg_R's comment :

"some people have come to grief contesting these things..."

I thought that was we were supposed to do - contest these things..............

Care to cough up a small summation, Greg?

Yes. A member contested the seizure of a Hublot. Hublot threatened to take him to court - they got pretty heavy about it. He ended up settling out of court for a moderately painful sum of money. He could have probably beat it with a lawyer, but that would likely have cost him more than the settlement

Whatever anyone else says, the ONLY recommendation this board will give is to deny, deny, deny. Ignore the letter and let them go ahead and destroy the rep. Talk to your dealer about the possibiity of reshipping - or just take it on the chin and try again. Most of 'em get through. It's the ONLY safe policy.

onzenuub

You know noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooothing.

gtwc

I'm interested in Greg_R's comment :

"some people have come to grief contesting these things..."

I thought that was we were supposed to do - contest these things..............

Care to cough up a small summation, Greg?

Yes. A member contested the seizure of a Hublot. Hublot threatened to take him to court - they got pretty heavy about it. He ended up settling out of court for a moderately painful sum of money. He could have probably beat it with a lawyer, but that would likely have cost him more than the settlement

Whatever anyone else says, the ONLY recommendation this board will give is to deny, deny, deny. Ignore the letter and let them go ahead and destroy the rep. Talk to your dealer about the possibiity of reshipping - or just take it on the chin and try again. Most of 'em get through. It's the ONLY safe policy.

Thanks for the full explanation Greg - and my apologies if any 'slight' was construed.

I understand things better now.

That bloody Biver (and Bieber).

:death:

diggs

To be honest I’m a bit worried about this EMS tracing is showing that my watch was handed over to customs has of this morning.

I’m in Canada.

They don't shoot people anymore in Canada for importing rep watches, so no worries.

I'm in Canada as well and last month 2 seperate shipments were sent for customs review but were released fairly quickly.

I have another on the way from Toro so hopefully it will make it through as well.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

greg_r

Thanks for the full explanation Greg - and my apologies if any 'slight' was construed.

I understand things better now.

Didn't take it that way, mate. No worries :)