Sign in to follow this  
mario24601

Rolex Submariner No Date Noob

Planemo

Bear in mind that ALL no date sub ceramics from BP at the moment have no space between 'OFFICIALLY' and 'CERTIFIED'. This is a very obvious and easy to see flaw IMO.

live1
Bear in mind that ALL no date sub ceramics from BP at the moment have no space between 'OFFICIALLY' and 'CERTIFIED'. This is a very obvious and easy to see flaw IMO.
wrong bp no date sub dial is updated now same as gen

NCRich

Nice watch but with a lot of flaws:

- incorrect CG shape

- incorrect case shape, it's from GMT

- incorrect indexes on the dial

- fat hour hand

RG

Do you pull the wings off flies and burn ants with magnifying glasses. Geeze what a buzzkill.

Heisenberg

- incorrect CG shape

- fat hour hand

RG

Do you pull the wings off flies and burn ants with magnifying glasses. Geeze what a buzzkill.

I think it's good for people to point out and discuss flaws. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy because of them but its nice to know what flaws are present in each offering.

RUSH2112

Gorgeous watch. Don't let imperfections that almost no one would notice stop you from enjoying your watch. Not even the gens are all perfect.

Planemo

Can you tell me where this information came from please. It is certainly not something that Toro is aware of because he only told me yesterday...

Heisenberg

Can you tell me where this information came from please. It is certainly not something that Toro is aware of because he only told me yesterday...

Flaw does seem to be corrected on the one listed on the PC site:

http://www.p-cls.com/rlss00128-114060-2012-nodate-p-13581.html

live1

its been fixed for a couple.months now.andrew josh all dealers have them

live1

look at the thread at repgeek with all the pics

Planemo

Guys, many thanks for this. I am not doubting you but can you provide a direct link to any images so I can forward it to Toro? I have looked on the PC website and cant find any no date subs. I'm not a member of repgeek either, although I will look to signing up if its the only source of no date BP images. Cheers

TT88

Here you go, a qc pic from a guy in rg

Talk about O.c.d... :lol:

9ybe4ega.jpg

Sent from my Bezel using 116610

Planemo

Cheers TT, nice one! I will throw this Toro's way and see what he says :)

NCRich

- incorrect CG shape

- fat hour hand

RG

I think it's good for people to point out and discuss flaws. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy because of them but its nice to know what flaws are present in each offering.

Indeed, when I've bought a watch the first thing I want someone to do is point out every tiny flaw. That is why I buy reps you know.

Heisenberg

- incorrect CG shape

- fat hour hand

RG

Indeed, when I've bought a watch the first thing I want someone to do is point out every tiny flaw. That is why I buy reps you know.

This is a thread posted in the reviews section to be fair. Is this not the best place for flaws to be discussed? Isn't discussing flaws conducive to them being addressed? Surely this helps to improve quality.

ShovelnTC

M, Nice watch,

You will always get guys pointing out the flaws and tells but although informative and enlightening I don't believe that getting these comments heightens the experience of owning a rep.

ALL reps will have these issues but unless using a lupe or at least having the watch in your hand close to your eyes no-one including yourself will notice.

It's hard enough trying to see someones watch dial at all during normal day to day activities let alone being able to see flaws from across the bar.

Your watch is a beautiful thing so enjoy it for what it is.

Mark.

tzsteve

Lovely watch... Enjoy wearing it

diegosaenz

It looks pretty darn good to me, that is all I care.

A few days ago I was looking into a 1680 and I started looking at dials and how the "s" are different then I thought. Nobody is ever going to get that close to the watch! Who gives a shit!

Enjoy your new watch :)

Heisenberg
M, Nice watch,

You will always get guys pointing out the flaws and tells but although informative and enlightening I don't believe that getting these comments heightens the experience of owning a rep.

ALL reps will have these issues but unless using a lupe or at least having the watch in your hand close to your eyes no-one including yourself will notice.

It's hard enough trying to see someones watch dial at all during normal day to day activities let alone being able to see flaws from across the bar.

Mark.

I still think it helps people to choose on a particular factory's offering or to decide if they can live with the flaws or not. Some watches are closer to gen than offers. All this helps people decide what to buy. How can that be bad?

diegosaenz
M, Nice watch,

Mark.

I still think it helps people to choose on a particular factory's offering or to decide if they can live with the flaws or not. Some watches are closer to gen than offers. All this helps people decide what to buy. How can that be bad?

Because the guy already bought the watch! If he wanted feedback on how good or bad his watch is then he would have asked for it. That's what reviews and comparison threads are for.

For all I know we are into replicas because we don't want to pay premium for a gen or can't afford one, we aren't in replicas to have people tell us what are their flaws.

I know I don't want someone telling me how bad my watch is. My two cents.

Edited by diegosaenz

Heisenberg
It looks pretty darn good to me, that is all I care.

A few days ago I was looking into a 1680 and I started looking at dials and how the "s" are different then I thought. Nobody is ever going to get that close to the watch! Who gives a shit!

Enjoy your new watch :)

I think everyone sees this differently but for me I see reps as an art form similar to an art forger. They are trying to get as close to gen as possible. If the factories weren't attempting this then how come they release new versions where they address flaws. I think I'd prefer them to keep getting closer because of feedback via forums, dealers etc than just to accept that it looks good enough from distance. Why else would people by TC subs for instance. They want the best quality they can get. It depends on your budget of course and what you're looking to achieve. Some people want people to think what they're wearing is real others might not care. Surely discussing flaws help whoever is deciding to buy.

Heisenberg

Because the guy already bought the watch! If he wanted feedback on how good or bad his watch is then he would have asked for it. That's what reviews and comparison threads are for.

This thread is in the reviews section.

diegosaenz

What I meant is that he didn't ask for someone to review the flaws on his watch for him.

Heisenberg

What I meant is that he didn't ask for someone to review the flaws on his watch for him.

Actually I think he did. He said:

Cons?: I really don’t know the Rolex brand that well, bought this one on a impulse but I don’t see any obvious issues with it…but I’m sure those familiar will be more perceptive than I am.

Sounds like an invitation for feedback to me. Of course people should be respectful in giving feedback though.

RUSH2112
M, Nice watch,

Mark.

I'm in the "most of them are close enough for me camp" since I am unlikely to be in the company of anyone who would know the difference anyways but I understand some are into getting it as close as possible to gen as they can. There's room for both.

sms

- incorrect CG shape

- fat hour hand

RG

wow I didn't see any of that. A lot to learn