Sign in to follow this  
Killasam

Picture of My Daytona from Mary

Killasam

Hello,

As you all know ive ordered a Stainless Steel Rolex Daytona from mary!

Mary has been amazingly helpful since the start and is just as upset about the problem as me and has ordered a new breacelet!

Thank you for all your help Mary ;)

today i got the email i have been waiting for! The one with the pictures.

Unfortunately, Theres a problem!

See if you can guess what it is :

IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

Thanks for Looking!

I hope mary sorts it for me soon!

GC

Looks like the incorrect bezel to dial combo...

i.e. this bezel belongs on the dial with numbers not markers.

Killasam
Looks like the incorrect bezel to dial combo...

i.e. this bezel belongs on the dial with numbers not markers.

Yeah i noticed and mentioned that to.

is there much mary will be able to do about ;)

this isnt going to well so far. she has been really great with her emails and help but two problems with the watch when i sent her a link with the model number and about 10 pictures thats a rep somone on here got from Josh.

Baldrick

Live with it, if anyone notices, which I highly doubt, tell them you dropped it, fukk'd up the bezel and smashed the glass, sent it to RSC and had a new glass and bezel installed, then whine and bitch about their servicing charges and how the stupid bar stewards got it wrong, but you don't care that much, 'cos it's only a watch, that'll give you more credence and will explain away the wrong bezel. ;)

Killasam
Live with it, if anyone notices, which I highly doubt, tell them you dropped it, fukk'd up the bezel and smashed the glass, sent it to RSC and had a new glass and bezel installed, then whine and bitch about their servicing charges and how the stupid bar stewards got it wrong, but you don't care that much, 'cos it's only a watch, that'll give you more credence and will explain away the wrong bezel. ;)

lool. might just doo that, ill see what mary says and if its going to be a problem ill have to take that options.

:popcorn:

pollux1

I totally disagree with you, just cos it's a rep you shouldn't have to " Live with it " If the problem isn't rectified forthwith ask for a full refund.

Baldrick

Re vera, potas bene, fac ut vivas!

dmisgod

No worries, if she cant replace it I'm pretty sure she will offer you to replace it with another model.

dont "live with it" it will nag at your brain day and night if youre a noraml block and piss you off every time you look at it if youre anal.

Rats
Live with it, if anyone notices, which I highly doubt, tell them you dropped it, fukk'd up the bezel and smashed the glass, sent it to RSC and had a new glass and bezel installed, then whine and bitch about their servicing charges and how the stupid bar stewards got it wrong, but you don't care that much, 'cos it's only a watch, that'll give you more credence and will explain away the wrong bezel. :lol:

I totally disagree with you, just cos it's a rep you shouldn't have to " Live with it " If the problem isn't rectified forthwith ask for a full refund.

Although I could not tell a gen from a rep unless it would slap me in the face, I agree with pollux. I see no reason why a rep cannot be identical to a gen in outside appearance, crowns, crown guards, bezels, engraving, spelling, printing, bracelets that do not function as they should, metals etc. Absolutely no reason whatsoever! Except for the metal which may increase the cost of the rep by 10 or 15 dollars the other stuff carries no extra charge in being identical. It is we, who will pay $300.00 for an imperfect rep and not bitch who are to blame for these persistent errors.

Baldrick
No worries, if she cant replace it I'm pretty sure she will offer you to replace it with another model.

dont "live with it" it will nag at your brain day and night if youre a noraml block and piss you off every time you look at it if youre anal.

You may be increasing the risk of Customs seizure or loss by theft, not to mention the inconvenience to someone who is essentially a very good dealer, I'm sure Maryt is eager to please you, however albeit it's a fault, it is indeed a relatively minor fault, remember watches are like women, none of them are perfect, but they can still be beautiful in their own right and still be appreciated, they look good on your arm and should someone criticise the watch or women on your arm, respond accordingly by telling them 'that may be Sir, but she's with me and not you'.

If you are anally retentive by nature, then perhaps it's time to look at your flaws and not those of the watch, remember little people have little imagination, but are given to flights of fancy, such as believing they'll actually meet someone who can discern the flaw in your watch and thereby ensuring that you suffer a loss of face the magnitude of which cannot be endured, trust me, 99% of regular 'Tona owners couldn't tell and could care less.

Take pleasure from your lovely watch and not misery, she surely is a beauty, especially on the leather strap JMHO.

pollux1

You may be increasing the risk of Customs seizure or loss by theft, not to mention the inconvenience to someone who is essentially a very good dealer, I'm sure Maryt is eager to please you, however albeit it's a fault, it is indeed a relatively minor fault, remember watches are like women, none of them are perfect, but they can still be beautiful in their own right and still be appreciated, they look good on your arm and should someone criticise the watch or women on your arm, respond accordingly by telling them 'that may be Sir, but she's with me and not you'.

If you are anally retentive by nature, then perhaps it's time to look at your flaws and not those of the watch, remember little people have little imagination, but are given to flights of fancy, such as believing they'll actually meet someone who can discern the flaw in your watch and thereby ensuring that you suffer a loss of face the magnitude of which cannot be endured, trust me, 99% of regular 'Tona owners couldn't tell and could care less.

Take pleasure from your lovely watch and not misery, she surely is a beauty, especially on the leather strap JMHO.

Not at all, if the watch isn't as described send it back. And using that argument is complete shit. mary is a good dealer and can get great stuff, but if the watch isn't right then she should make it so. i reckon she will too cos she does seem to go the extra mile.

pollux1

"not to mention the inconvenience to someone who is essentially a very good dealer"

Inconvenience it may be, but it's good business sense to make things right.

Killasam
"not to mention the inconvenience to someone who is essentially a very good dealer"

also it may be an inconvenience to a good dealer. but its an inconvenience to me to pay $250 and not get what i was told i would

pollux1

also it may be an inconvenience to a good dealer. but its an inconvenience to me to pay $250 and not get what i was told i would

Mate don't stand on ceremony thinking you'll get shot down for saying you didn't get what you wanted, bottom line is it should be rectified. $250 isn't small change.

Baldrick

That's your right, do as you see fit, I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation, that you're experiencing a lot of grief for something so trivial, I'm a long standing member of most of the gen forums, TZ PMWF< Chronocentric and Turf, trust me, the gen manufacturers don't always get it right, the forums are littered with horror stories of people who have experienced much worse.

Remember QC

Quality Control

Quality Checks

=

Quality Costs

You took a financial shortcut to avoid paying for all of the above, $10000.00 - $250 = a $9750.00 discount.

Working on a demerit basis, where you detract 1x point for every aspect of the item that does not meet the manufacturers original specification or design, means that.

100-1 for non-original movement

99-1 for incorrect bezel

ergo

you have a watch that is 98% identical to original, which, regardless of correct dial or not will categorically NOT engender any more priase or criticism from anyone who sees it, the people who will point it out to you are those members on these forums who have nothing better to do than pore over hugely inflated photos of watches looking for the slightest flaw such as a missing tick mark, or an 'O' in Rolex that isn't quite oval enough.

In the real world, no-one will notice and no-one will care.

However, you're in control of the valve that closes your sphincter muscle, if you want to close the valve completely and retain all that fecal matter, which is very unhealthy, then knock yourself out, not my problem, yours.

JMHO., tho' you know that I'm right, don't take my advice, nor anyone else's. :lol:

When I highlighted the inconveniece factor for the dealer, I didn't want to alarm you as well, being a newbie to this 'hobby', sometimes a dealer ( and I'm not suggesting here that Mary is such a dealer), will adopt the POV that certain customers are more trouble than worth, that can work against you when a highly desirable item appears that you covet, only to be told 'it's out of stock'.

Re-iteration: No suggestion that Mary is of that ilk, is that clear!

Member X

$250 certainly isn't small change to a lot of us, no matter what some people spend on reps. We should never feel inferior because we're only spending $150, $250!

If it comes to it, thank her for her help and hard work trying to rectify it, but say you won't be able to deal with not having exatly what you wanted so is it ok to have a refund please?

I'm sure she'll have no problem with that, unless the place she bought from won't refund her, where it might get more complicated, but cross that bridge if you get to it :lol:

pollux1

That's your right, do as you see fit, I'm simply pointing out the reality of the situation, that you're experiencing a lot of grief for something so trivial, I'm a long standing member of most of the gen forums, TZ PMWF< Chronocentric and Turf, trust me, the gen manufacturers don't always get it right, the forums are littered with horror stories of people who have experienced much worse.

Remember QC

Quality Control

Quality Checks

=

Quality Costs

You took a financial shortcut to avoid paying for all of the above, $10000.00 - $250 = a $9750.00 discount.

Working on a demerit basis, where you detract 1x point for every aspect of the item that does not meet the manufacturers original specification or design, means that.

100-1 for non-original movement

99-1 for incorrect bezel

ergo

you have a watch that is 98% identical to original, which, regardless of correct dial or not will categorically NOT engender any more priase or criticism from anyone who sees it, the people who will point it out to you are those members on these forums who have nothing better to do than pore over hugely inflated photos of watches looking for the slightest flaw such as a missing tick mark, or an 'O' in Rolex that isn't quite oval enough.

In the real world, no-one will notice and no-one will care.

However, you're in control of the valve that closes your sphincter muscle, if you want to close the valve completely and retain all that fecal matter, which is very unhealthy, then knock yourself out, not my problem, yours.

JMHO., tho' you know that I'm right, don't take my advice, nor anyone else's. :lol:

When I highlighted the inconveniece factor for the dealer, I didn't want to alarm you as well, being a newbie to this 'hobby', sometimes a dealer ( and I'm not suggesting here that Mary is such a dealer), will adopt the POV that certain customers are more trouble than worth, that can work against you when a highly desirable item appears that you covet, only to be told 'it's out of stock'.

Re-iteration: No suggestion that Mary is of that ilk, is that clear!

Ever the advocate! :) but oh so wrong, stop stirring and just admit that the fault should be rectified.

Killasam

I Understand what is being said i can expect perfect but i can expect the right bracelet and bezel i asked for and she said i would get.

and $250 is not small to me.

that being said i am going to give her time and if i have to accept that bezel so be it but i will not have a leather strap as apose to a stainless steel one as i know they are widely available

pollux1
I Understand what is being said i can expect perfect but i can expect the right bracelet and bezel i asked for and she said i would get.

and $250 is not small to me.

that being said i am going to give her time and if i have to accept that bezel so be it but i will not have a leather strap as apose to a stainless steel one as i know they are widely available

For all it would cost a dealer, the bracelet and bezel should be shipped to you at no cost, to make it right. After all you will have to pay for the fitting of the bezel if you can't do it yourself.

Baldrick

@KS, I apologise, when I read your initial post, I overlooked the bracelet aspect, I thought you were using the word bracelet to refer to the strap.

The incorrect bracelet aspect is definitely wrong, not least from the POV of comfort, some people don't like leather and can only wear stainless steel, so I fully support you in that respect.

The bezel issue is a different matter, it's cosmetic and won't inconvenience you, one of the points I was trying to make is this:

The world of watches does not consist of 'absolutes', many times manufacturers have changed design aspects of a particular watch that the customer very rarely is aware of, there is no such thing as the 'Perfect' Sub, or the 'Ultimate' Panerai, no such creatures exist, they all differ somehow, that's what makes horology so fascinating, just the same as stamp collecting.

As an owner of many genuine watches and many reps, it's the endless diversity that keeps me interested, however if all you want to do is make a statement, then a watch isn't the way to do it, a man's character isn't determined by the watch he wears anymore tjhan the car he drives or ______________( fill in the gap), he owns.

If I was completely cynical, which I can be at times, I could re-examine your initial posts and perhaps draw a certain conclusion from them, wherein you expressed a desire to obtain the 'perfick' Daytona, complete with all paperwork and boxes, now, your aeipathy regarding certain aspects of the watch could be interpreted as 'sinister', not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't be the first time.

Killasam
@KS, I apologise, when I read your initial post, I overlooked the bracelet aspect, I thought you were using the word bracelet to refer to the strap.

The incorrect bracelet aspect is definitely wrong, not least from the POV of comfort, some people don't like leather and can only wear stainless steel, so I fully support you in that respect.

The bezel issue is a different matter, it's cosmetic and won't inconvenience you, one of the points I was trying to make is this:

The world of watches does not consist of 'absolutes', many times manufacturers have changed design aspects of a particular watch that the customer very rarely is aware of, there is no such thing as the 'Perfect' Sub, or the 'Ultimate' Panerai, no such creatures exist, they all differ somehow, that's what makes horology so fascinating, just the same as stamp collecting.

As an owner of many genuine watches and many reps, it's the endless diversity that keeps me interested, however if all you want to do is make a statement, then a watch isn't the way to do it, a man's character isn't determined by the watch he wears anymore tjhan the car he drives or ______________( fill in the gap), he owns.

If I was completely cynical, which I can be at times, I could re-examine your initial posts and perhaps draw a certain conclusion from them, wherein you expressed a desire to obtain the 'perfick' Daytona, complete with all paperwork and boxes, now, your aeipathy regarding certain aspects of the watch could be interpreted as 'sinister', not saying that's the case, but it wouldn't be the first time.

well thats cool.

mary asked if i would accept the leather strap and tbh i really didnt want to cause trouble but i cant have it without the ss bracelet.

the bezel, i asked her if she could but i said it isnt the end of the world if she cant. aslong as i have the ss bracelet

KBH

I still have no clue what's wrong with the bezel and love the strap combo. If it was me, I'd ask her to supply the bracelet separately and pay a few dollars more for it. I often swap from strap to bracelet on all my Rollies.

Somebody needs to explain to me what's wrong with the bezel.

Baldrick
well thats cool.

mary asked if i would accept the leather strap and tbh i really didnt want to cause trouble but i cant have it without the ss bracelet.

the bezel, i asked her if she could but i said it isnt the end of the world if she cant. aslong as i have the ss bracelet

She should send you a bracelet, after all that's what you specified, she should also gift you the strap combo as a gesture and no harm asking if she can source the correct bezel for you and include, they're easy to swap out with a bezel extractor and press.

Somebody needs to explain to me what's wrong with the bezel.

The bezel has incorrect tachymeter markings, triangular indicators instead of baton indicators.which this dial combo should have, the triangular markers on the bezel shown should appertain to the model with Arabic numerals, not baton markers on the dial, plus the font is different, personally I prefer the bezel he has.

ARABIC NUMERALS ON THE DIAL = TRIANGULAR MARKERS ON THE TACHYMETRIC SCALE

199ROLEXDAYTONA77504.jpg

BUTTON MARKERS ON THE DIAL = BUTTON MARKERS ON THE TACHYMETRIC SCALE

260A.jpg

Like the meerkat, seemple!

KBH

Thanks. Learned something new today.

And by tomorrow I'll probably have forgotten it. :gunbandana:

Baldrick
And by tomorrow I'll probably have forgotten it.

A totally appropriate action, proving my point.

@pollux, ever the shit stirrer, comprehension isn't a strong point with you, is it, see my other incomprehensible post ( to you, that is ) elsewhere!