Sign in to follow this  
HeavyKrush

Quick review of a Seiko SNZH57...

HeavyKrush

As some of you know, I picked up a Seiko for my business partner. While we were at dinner the other night with a vendor he mentioned that his wife was on him for a real watch. He wears a Casio something or other. I honestly can't say I've seen him in anything other. At any rate after much deliberation and help from chaps on the forum (mostly Gregger's with the stunning pic of his) I went for the SNZH57. Purchased from Amazon on this link: http://www.amazon.co...keywords=snzh57 the watch arrived in (2) days. Gotta love Amazon.

DSC_3034_zps1073b25f.jpg

The watch is stunning. The quality of the watch is on par with a $200-$250 rep. Right there with my UPO with it's only weakness (very slight) the lighter bracelet. I almost didn't comment on the bracelet as I think I'm a bit biased based on my rep collection's great bracelets. I'm sure anyone other than us would think the bracelet is just perfect.

Size wise the watch is on par with a sub. Here's a comparison shot between a no date sub-c, a UPO, and a DSSD.

DSC_3026_zpsfd4c8cbe.jpg

DSC_3027_zpsc9b98b55.jpg

DSC_3030_zps168f2f41.jpg

The watch is a tad thicker than a Sub-C but almost exactly the same weight. Maybe a touch lighter given the bracelet.

DSC_3041_zpsbc2bb02c.jpg

DSC_3042_zpsdabead06.jpg

The bracelet is a little wider than a sub-C.

DSC_3043_zps879241dc.jpg

The watch screams vintage. I was a little worried about the gold being a bit too bling but it is spot on and really makes this watch seem like a collectors piece. Classy for sure is the word.

DSC_3038_zps7621e90e.jpg

The end links are a little rattly as they are not solid but way better than some of my cheaper subs.

DSC_3037_zps4de1843c.jpg

DSC_3036_zpsd38e367c.jpg

I really wanted a display case back. I'm always blown away on how people react when they see a display back on a mechanical watch the first time.

DSC_3035_zps71781f7c.jpg

The lume is on par with my DSSD which I was told is super lumed.

DSC_3068_zps3d8055f9.jpg

For sure wouldn't hesitate suggesting this to others. Great buy!

HWG

Awesome!! Great little review. I hope your business partner likes it!

HeavyKrush

Just texted a pic of it to his wife. She loves it. Doesn't have to see that crappy plastic strap anymore.

TheSav

Great write up and comparison Greg. I am sure he'll love it. Otherwise no harm done. YOu end up with a lovely watch :)

HWG

Yup there are more Seikos in my future as well! :)

HeavyKrush

Yep. For sure a keeper if I weren't giving it away. That guys gonna owe me a dinner.

Yup there are more Seikos in my future as well! :)
Ditto H.

frogflyer

Very nice, thanks for the review. That's a sharp looking watch, tempted to keep it for yourself? ;)

HeavyKrush
Very nice, thanks for the review. That's a sharp looking watch, tempted to keep it for yourself? ;)
Have to say yes to that. It is really a solid watch. Forgot to mention the clasp. I was really worried it would feel thin and cheap. Although it is thin its pretty solid. Better that the oyster flip lock in my wife's YM.

dpshptl

I wonder which TD can get a rep of this?

conx

Fully agree with the review, this is a great watch!

Mine says "hi"....

P1020781_zps6cb9582d.jpg

dalboy

Seikos are one of my favourite makes, I love the build quality .Bomb proof !! my preferred daily.

Nice review and pics HK.

Dal.

HeavyKrush

Thanks gents. Man, that really looks dressy C.

SteveA

Excellent I have one in the post now,should be with me in a couple of days

Del

I really like this one too! :thumbsup2: