Sign in to follow this  
zxxvii

Ultimate planet ocean bezel repair

zxxvii

Hello gang,

A few days ago the luminous stuff inside the pearl of my UPO 45 broke. I am wondering if any one sells the pearl insert. Or, if not available, the whole bezel. I order one replacement bezel from ebay, but it didn't match (inner diameter too big); I don't know if this particular bezel came deffective or if its a thing with ultimate planet oceans. I would appreciate help as to how can I get the watch repaired. Thanks in advance.

greg_r

Welcome to RWG!

I don't have an answer for you (Omegas aren't my area of expertise), but I'm sure that someone here will be able to help...

houndoggie
Welcome to RWG!

I don't have an answer for you (Omegas aren't my area of expertise), but I'm sure that someone here will be able to help...

Might be a good time to go franken. The gen bezel insert will fit with some grinding.

I know of no other good solutions. If I recall, the UPO pearl actually was not part of the insert, rather just poked through it.

nakortheblue

Sorry, posted in the wrong thread... Edit

Edited by nakortheblue

rc42

The genuine bezel insert can only be purchased with the bezel ring so its quite expensive but Ofrei do stock them.

I've never dismantled my UPO bezel so I don't know if the pearl is part of the insert or the ring but I assumed it was part of the insert. It might be repairable with lume and exoxy or you might need a replacement for the pearl or entire insert. Do you have any pictures that you can share with us.

And welcome to RWG

zxxvii

Finally I could manage to get some decent pictures. I never imagined that taking photos of watches was that hard.

Now I just can't seem to upload them...

I uploaded 1 as my avatar. Hopefully you will get to see how the pearl insert is missing.

Any help as to where to get a new insert (or as how to upload pics) will be welcome.

Bill

zxxvii

Ok.... I am able to upload pics now!!!

DSCI6236.jpg

DSCI6235.jpg

DSCI6223.jpg

DSCI6224.jpg

DSCI6232.jpg

imranbecks
Ok.... I am able to upload pics now!!!

DSCI6236.jpg

DSCI6235.jpg

DSCI6223.jpg

DSCI6224.jpg

DSCI6232.jpg

Hmmm... I don't see anything wrong with the pearl...

zxxvii
Hmmm... I don't see anything wrong with the pearl...

hmmm.... maybe the pics are not that good. But if we look closely, you will notice there is no pearl at all. Not on the bezel nor attached to the case. It fell of and got lost.

AllergyDoc

Might check with your dealer, or some dealer, if a suitable replacement isn't available elsewhere.