Sign in to follow this  
persianpirate

Faulty movement on rep SubC

persianpirate

Hi everyone...I'm brand new to the world of replicas and just purchased by first watch a few weeks ago. I already know I overpaid :thumbdown: but the salt on the wound is that I think there's an issue with the movement. Basically the problem is that winding the watch doesn't seem to do much of anything. If I don't wear it for about 2 days, the movement stops even if it was fully wound. Watch noob here, but any ideas what would cause this/how much it would cost to fix? Any info is appreciated. Thank you!

SSTEEL

Welcome to the forums. First of all, where did you purchase this rep from, and what makes you think you overpaid?

Martinjogs

Hi...my experience is that most of my rep,and gen, (around 25 watches total ) automatics watches stop if I don't wear them for a day or two!

This is normal as far as I'm concerned. I have a couple that have a decent power reserve but I don't bother to wind watches anyway, just shake them, set the time and wear. The only one that keep on running are the Quartz movements.

conx

The power reserve for the majority of mechanical movements is somewhere between 35 - 48 hours. Therefore your watch is behaving as would be expected.

persianpirate

thanks for the responses! that's definitely a relief.

Welcome to the forums. First of all, where did you purchase this rep from, and what makes you think you overpaid?

I purchased it from a Chinese supplier that I had bought a few knockoff wallets from in the past (not a major website or anything). From searching around it looks like one of the more common reps and prices for it appear to be <$200. I paid slightly over that.

flyr

Welcome to the forum! Do some serious reading before your next purchase (I don't mean looking at the pretty pictures in the TD"s sites) The more you know the less likely you will be disappointed. Start here: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=7456

SSTEEL

thanks for the responses! that's definitely a relief.

I purchased it from a Chinese supplier that I had bought a few knockoff wallets from in the past (not a major website or anything). From searching around it looks like one of the more common reps and prices for it appear to be <$200. I paid slightly over that.

Thanks for letting us know, well my friend, consider yourself home now, our Trusted Dealers will see you don't pay OTT on your next rep purchase :)