Sign in to follow this  
cashless

BEWARE! Track-myparcel.com

cashless

This is borrowed from user cymruchris over at talkphotography.co.uk.

Beware guys if like me you are waiting on a parcel. Scamming bastards! Exact same thing just happened to me and I nearly fell for it!

New Scam Warning - www.track-myparcel.com

Just received a text telling me that my parcel is being held at a depot, and to visit www.track-myparcel.com and enter my 'claim number' to arrange delivery.

Firstly - I'm not expecting a parcel.

I had a look at the website - it's pretty basic - however it does link a few of the big courier names from one of the pages, and looking at the bottom of the webpage shows copyright of 2010 giving the impression it's been around a while..

I've checked the Whois report, and was registered just a few days ago via godaddy.com - so it's certainly not been around since 2010 that's for sure..

By now I'm confident it's a scam - so I enter my 'claim number' - and up comes my mobile number and a message along the lines of they found a parcel that had my number on it but nothing else.. Put my details in to arrange a delivery...

So I entered fake details, and sure enough the next page took me to a link that said I owed £20.00 on it, and that this would need to be paid before I can get the parcel delivered.

Scam through and through.

Internet searches for 'track-myparcel.com' don't show anything negative yet - however having only been registered a few days, this is a startup scam, so hopefully by popping this thread here, it'll populate in google sometime and warn others off.

If you receive a text from www.track-myparcel.com - I'd ignore it No parcel will ever arrive.

Mazz

Oh Sneaky bastards thanks for the warning

SSTEEL

Thanks for the heads up mate.!

steveg1

i was one that had been scammed by these received a text telling me they had my parcel on hold, at gatwick airport and to claim i had to type this number into what was a very convincing site which went on to say, to release my parcel would cost £60 paid through a paypoint they even go as far as to direct you to the nearest paypoint if you put your post code in, so as i was expecting a parcel that was late i followed the instruction parted with £60 sent pleanty of emails all unanswered they even have a phone number that go straight to ans but no return calls. dont part with your money they are a scam

greg_r

ouch - that's a nasty one.

If in doubt, ALWAYS check with the carriers' official tracking site FIRST!

rocky4691

I get several messages a day of this sort which most go to spam folder which I delete because I get these even when I have nothing ordered. Also you should not have to pay for any order to be delivered after you have already bought and paid for the item along with shipping. So please don't become a victim of some scammer who is only trying to separate you and your hard earned money. There are countless New scams every day. If you have a question contact your dealer.