Sign in to follow this  
Proctor

What does your BOX look like?

Proctor

Now that I have your attention,

I am looking at building a rather grandiose cabinet/box for my (hopefully, still) growing collection. I've looked at some past posts and saw some great ideas from some of you guys across the pond with the tea boxes. They all look great.

For you guys stateside that have some experience in building and sourcing materials you need for such a project, where have you gone for supplies?

The hardest thing I have found was finding watch pillows. Saw a great idea online that someone used paint rollers as their pillows. I'm just afraid they would be too stiff. Also, what type of fabric have you seen used in boxes like this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

As far as the box/cabinet itself, I'm wanting to buy a reasonably sized secretary desk that I will customize to hold the collection. I'm thinking of something like this.

secretaryantique18e_zpsbe5e26ef.jpg

Perfect size to have in my closet and hold all the other BS I carry each day pluis display some of my favorite things.

I'm looking at getting started this weekend so I will keep you guys updated on my hopeful success, while failure constantly looms lol

Cheers!

P.S This is a great way to get your crafty wife interested in your watch collection!!!