Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Super Reps

Steve227

@mark That's the gen tho? Slight difference in the B.

markeym3
@mark That's the gen tho? Slight difference in the B.

Yes there is a small difference ,, all the time and I never noticed ,, but then it is so small I would never had seen it ,,, but still a great rep though

drdecktor

I cant figure out how to post a watch that i bought up on this site for sale?

JSJ
I cant figure out how to post a watch that i bought up on this site for sale?
Best read the sales rules in the Trading Zone mate.

str65

This is a fantastic thread. I wish I had found it four years ago. Would it be possible to update it? I know it is a big job, but it would help us newbies.

LimpWrist

Great list. I vote for an update to this as well. It'd be really helpful.

Ralphiemay

Nice list. Many lower level reps are good as well.

ngeo

I know that this is not something that you would normally do, but I will ask. I want to buy my first rep a DSSD, and since it is my first purchase I want to spend max $200 on it. I appreciate that I can't get a 1:1 for this amount, but can anyone suggest to the top version for that?

I know after buying one I will get hooked by reps, but it is a risk I am willing to pay, as all these years I have been spending lots of money on gens (not rolex though).

I will appreciate any answer.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

noobtube

Thanks for the info, me noob

gareth

Pam 187 too mes thinks

hec2hec2

I as wondering if there were any additional Rolex super reps since the time this has been posted?

Would welcome any feedback. Looking for a GMT master II super rep if they have it

JSJ

I as wondering if there were any additional Rolex super reps since the time this has been posted?

Would welcome any feedback. Looking for a GMT master II super rep if they have it

There's no rep Rolex GMT movement with the correct hand stack (CHS) and fully functioning GMT hand/date change. Without that you can't have a 'super rep' of the GMT Master II.

BC1221

The only rolex super reps these days is

Rolex 16610 - TC v6

Noob Datejust

Noob daydate

Explorer I 36mm

BP seadweller

These are the only ones I know of.

Champagneinhand

I would vote for the Omega SMP James Bond 50th anniversary in a heartbeat.

The AP Divers from Noob v5.1 are very close if you get one that doesn't have lume connected at the 50 mark.

I saw a few mention IWC Big Pilot and the Top Gun v3 is great. If you DLC the crown and pushers it looks so close to the titanium on the gen. A really nice watch.

BP Rolex watches are very close. They have great dials. The Sub is a good rep, just don't know if its super status, same with sea dweller and DSSD. Great watches nonetheless.

bilobiya

Rolex Submariner v3 from WM9/BK - $600+

Rolex Submariner LV v3 from WM9/BK- $600+

Rolex Yachtmaster from WM9/BK - $725

Hi,

I am new to this forum. Can anyone please provide the links of these watches?

Thanks in advance.

graman

Dude... Look through the trusted dealers....

bilobiya

Sorry, I thought that the watch names mention by OP belong to particular dealers. Does all these models are best by all dealers?

RichardMiami

Sorry, I thought that the watch names mention by OP belong to particular dealers. Does all these models are best by all dealers?

Please go back and read through the answers and the PINNED ITEMS you were given in your original General Discussion thread.

elp

The stock ones yes - for certain Rolex models 2 modders/dealers here (TC & BK, http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=226 & http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showforum=158) will take the high-end models and perform further modifications to make them somewhat more accurate.

You must decide if the inconsistency from gen are important to you, especially given the higher costs. I have seen people spend nearly 2k in pursuit of "perfection" ... given what a second-hand gen would cost it's a difficult choice to understand IMHO

Personally I would start with lower-end reps to learn what you can and can't live with before embarking on a more involved/expensive journey.

bilobiya

The stock ones yes - for certain Rolex models 2 modders/dealers here (TC & BK, http://www.rwg.bz/bo...p?showforum=226 & http://www.rwg.bz/bo...p?showforum=158) will take the high-end models and perform further modifications to make them somewhat more accurate.

You must decide if the inconsistency from gen are important to you, especially given the higher costs. I have seen people spend nearly 2k in pursuit of "perfection" ... given what a second-hand gen would cost it's a difficult choice to understand IMHO

Personally I would start with lower-end reps to learn what you can and can't live with before embarking on a more involved/expensive journey.

Thanks

bilobiya

sorry for the wrong post

Edited by bilobiya

dasselin

I think there should be a thread with the watches that have the most reliable movement in them. We pay very close attention to the cosmetic

The appearance of a watch, but I don’t see many threads on the reliability of the movement. Same principal has the OP, but four movements. Because

What is the use of a super rep if it has a flaky movement.

JSJ
I think there should be a thread with the watches that have the most reliable movement in them. We pay very close attention to the cosmetic

The appearance of a watch, but I don’t see many threads on the reliability of the movement. Same principal has the OP, but four movements. Because

This is regularly discussed on the forum though isn't it? There are also stickies.

I get what you mean but the fact is that rep movements vary from one to another. Also, some people are ham-fisted and would break the most robust of movements inside a fortnight.

Nikohublot
sorry for the wrong post

Aqtually the BK submariners are V5 you can find himin the trusted dealer section under "BKs watch garage" and yeah in my opinion the v5 from BK IS a super rep.

Have fun here my friend.

dasselin

This is regularly discussed on the forum though isn't it? There are also stickies.

I get what you mean but the fact is that rep movements vary from one to another. Also, some people are ham-fisted and would break the most robust of movements inside a fortnight.

Yes I agree I have read some posts on watch movements. But I don’t see the amount of emphasis/pressure put on TD’s/Rep Shops to reach the same level of quality That they have reached on the cosmetic appearance of the rep watches. If we had a thread like the original OP, but with the emphasis on said movement. It might motivate the rep factories to produce a higher quality of movement.