Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Super Reps

nickerfe

for topic' first page- maybe you should post LINKS to super reps that u r talkin' about?

greg_r
for topic' first page- maybe you should post LINKS to super reps that u r talkin' about?

Impractical. Links change - and, to be honest, this thread is rather out of date anyhow.

Miracle

8c3f4ae9.jpg

Gen eta Very very good rep hard to tell from gen very hard

eb7e6bf0.jpg

cobn

Where from?

How much?

looks good!

nickerfe

i understand ) but i think it's the most interesting & usefull thread on net! for those who try to find reps that similliar to original watches - it' really hard to find any info & that thread is great. thnx to topicstarter ) there'te million reps on net & it's really hard to find super reps. i think this thread can help in searching of great quality watches in great prices.

RolexSub
Gen eta Very very good rep hard to tell from gen very hard

So you've compared (or own) both gen and rep and it's that close huh ?

Is that the same watch in those pics, or is one gen and one rep ?

I've just stumbled onto this forum and have read many positive things about the "milgauss factory" rolex milgauss rep. I think it will be the first rep I will buy, but wasn't sure if I should go for the clear or green sapphire on black. I like the green sapphire better, but more importantly, want what looks the closest to the gen watch.

I read a post here the other day that said the green tint is very subtle on the gen, but too obvious on the rep, so I thought the clear sapphire might look closer to real. But I have to admit, I love the green and would prefer it, if it looks that good.

(hoping that it looks totally genuine while on the wrist and only upon close inspection can an expert tell the difference)

pamelo

In my view, it doesn't make much difference--as long as the movement is gen swiss eta.

This pretty much ensures build quality is very good--close to the gen, hopefully.

Plus the reliability will be close to the gen at a fraction of the price.

RolexSub
In my view, it doesn't make much difference--as long as the movement is gen swiss eta.

This pretty much ensures build quality is very good--close to the gen, hopefully.

I would think a gen swiss movement is the way to go, but I see one trusted dealer here on the forum recommends to go with Asian eta clone because it's so hard to get "brand new", not recycled, swiss movement from the Asian rep factories.

Seems like good insurance to get a known quality swiss movement. I mean I know these reps in most cases cost less than 5% of the real thing, but $300 bucks is still a lot for me to spend on a watch. I'd hope it would work for a while, at least 4-5 years, before needing a service.. I'd be upset if I bought a rep and it broke within 2 weeks like I sometimes hear about on the forum.

I think I will definitely order the "pre-purchase service/inspection" on any reps I purchase.

So the PAM 288K is supposed to be 1:1 too ? I read the sapphire glass comes from the same manufacturer that supplies them on the gen watch ? Cool.

Are there any other basic non-chrono Panerai models that qualify for super rep status ?

Something that looks like the Radiomir or Marina Militare models with the "impressionist" like font on the 12, 3, 6, 9 ? Not more than 44-45mm and at most maybe one subdial or power meter or whatever ? I'm not familiar with the nomenclature. So many models, confusing to a noob.

I imagine I need a classic dress watch rep. I checked out the Cartier Santos everyone recommends. It looks nice. Any dressy super reps with a round face ?

Great thread. I don't see myself ever buying a watch that doesn't qualify as a "super rep".

Might as well go all the way.

MJC

Awesome!!!!!

Warren French

Would 'Ploprof' be considered a Dirty word in this thread??? My Ultimate is simply stunning like a Young Burt Reynolds...

pamelo

One of the hottest reps right now is the Rolex GMT2 ceramic bezel/swiss eta from noobfactory. Timeshop seems to have the best price. Don't see it on the list.

Edited by pamelo

pamelo

I would think a gen swiss movement is the way to go, but I see one trusted dealer here on the forum recommends to go with Asian eta clone because it's so hard to get "brand new", not recycled, swiss movement from the Asian rep factories.

I don't know if that's always true. Mine was inspected and looks new and gen.

The Chinese factories are probably big customers for these movements. They can get them.

Member X

Have added some H Factory PAMs to the list + a couple of other tweaks - comments welcome! :)

LeandroBR
Have added some H Factory PAMs to the list + a couple of other tweaks - comments welcome! :)

Maybe you should add the 318 brooklyn bridge PAM also...

Dendo

Thanks mate - this is a great service to all of us.

Member X

D'oh, of course, should have remembered that one! :rolleyes:

Should the 312 go on there?

LeandroBR
Have added some H Factory PAMs to the list + a couple of other tweaks - comments welcome! ;)

D'oh, of course, should have remembered that one! :facepalm:

Should the 312 go on there?

Not sure about the 312 but where is the amazing new 187G submersible ???? :D

Stoaty

This is a fantastic thread but I am having real trouble finding these watches as there are so many of the same type. Its hard to find the ones you are referring too.

houndoggie
3d0ec4ea.jpg

machiavegli

+1, very well done thread

chinabee

I'd like to see those super reps with dealers' names attached. It would be more useful for us newbies to just order them.

greg_r
I'd like to see those super reps with dealers' names attached. It would be more useful for us newbies to just order them.

:lol:

Of the models that are still available (this is an old thread and very out of date), most of our trusted dealers will be able to supply what is currently available

Luthier

Do you chew your food, or somebody do it for you?

chinabee

Do you chew your food, or somebody do it for you?

The whole point of this forum is to provide information, no? What's the point of that I tell you that i have this 10 great things but I am not going to tell you where I get them from?

Luthier

We do provide information, your job is to search and read. Plenty of info here. Yes, it take time, but you'll LEARN. If somebody will chew it for you- you'll never learn.