jeffw69
Man has chinese mentality.

:D

Dendo
Man has chinese mentality.

+1

Exact diagnosis.

gtwc
Would 'Ploprof' be considered a Dirty word in this thread??? My Ultimate is simply stunning like a Young Burt Reynolds...

Ploprof is not a dirty word.

A young Burt Reynolds certainly is.

Images like that belong in Section8.

Methinks a 'touch of the pink' about you...........

Ollifl
I think we'd better open a new topic to discuss what being lazy is.

What I do want to share is that I just bought this superduper rep. You know the watch that costs like half million dollars? Yes, the Rafael Nadal RM 027 watch. I bought a fantastic 1:1 rep for $250. If that's not the super duper rep, I don't know what is.

What? Where did I get it from? Oh, you'd better do your own research. :-)

1:1 rep of a tourbillon for $250. :thumbsup2:

We do share that information on the TD feedback section and in popular brands and watch review section :rolleyes:, but since I have no fuckin' clue what you looking for I can't help you more.... It just takes some finger power, I know some of us lack, to scroll down the page and pick your brand, read the review, somebody always asks "where" and "how much" question in those threads.... There's your answers right there.

I asked one question in the shout box yesterday about a watch I saw earlier, I actually asked for the thread it was mentioned in, 20 seconds later I had the thread layed on me with links to pictures (which OP had to fix and he did and pm'd me to tell me so) and suggestions to PM this and that guy if I would have anymore questions.... If that's not helpful, then nothing is, but, the way I asked the question might have helped a little.

Member X

There's no need to message ALL the TDs at the same tome with the same question. As is written elsewhere (probably in this thread) most of the TDs shop in the same place, therefore "pick your dealer then pick your watch" - i.e. choose the dealer you like the sound of and just email them first. If they can't get it, consider another dealer. And if all are saying it is not available, the watch is not made.

mark76

But where are these best reps at? I'm looking for a quality Omega Seamaster or Speedmaster... Even the Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, but don't have any idea on which place to go to get the best ones... I've had too many mixed results in the past with what I've researched. Just looking for a point in the right direction.

Thanks

Edited by mark76

chinabee
But where are these best reps at? I'm looking for a quality Omega Seamaster or Speedmaster... Even the Tag Heuer Aqua Racer, but don't have any idea on which place to go to get the best ones... I've had too many mixed results in the past with what I've researched. Just looking for a point in the right direction.

Thanks

Open a different topic please so that we can answer.

Which Seamaster are you looking for? There are quite a few different versions.

mark76

Thanks

Open a different topic please so that we can answer.

Which Seamaster are you looking for? There are quite a few different versions.

Thanks for the follow-up, Chinabee, didn't seem like I was going to get any help from this thread, but then you popped in. I found a fairly good replica from one of the recommended sites, except the "Omega" on the watch is written in black (not white), and one of the hands isn't QUITE there. I was looking for the 300 M Chrono Diver. I'm thinking I"ll go with her, unless a better option comes up or she doesn't consider addressing my concerns (wants me to pay using western union or money transfer, white writing, minute hand).

Still think I should start a different topic? I'm posting the pic, if you know of something better, please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to say "Hi"!

Mark

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69870363@N08/.../in/photostream

Luthier

Send this picture to Mary, Mark. You'll get this watch, if it's still in production.

mark76
Send this picture to Mary, Mark. You'll get this watch, if it's still in production.

That is what she sent me.... beside a few little things (one of the push buttons being blue on it's end, the "Omega" on the face being white instead of black) I think it's great and am thinking about doing it. Is it normal to pay her with western union or bank transfer? No credit cards?

So you think this looks close enough to the real thing then, huh?

drrod

That is what she sent me.... beside a few little things (one of the push buttons being blue on it's end, the "Omega" on the face being white instead of black) I think it's great and am thinking about doing it. Is it normal to pay her with western union or bank transfer? No credit cards?

Mark,

Mary takes PP. At least she did a month ago. Maybe you need to ask her so she can send you specific instructions on how to do it.

Rod

crewldude

Uh...the blue on the chrono pusher is just a protective coating...you peel it off...

10:10 Watch Repair
You know this is much more helpful! I do know how to ask the dealers. I actually have no problem emailing all 10 dealers at one time. :-) My question is to help all of us to save time. If I know which dealer has what I want, I can just go straight to him/her.

Now, you could also say, as being helpful, "Inventory and supply vary. It's best you check with a few dealers on the specific rep you want. One dealer has a particular rep today but may not have it tomorrow."

Just checked in... are we still doing this?

chinabee

Mark, if you don't mind, please open a different topic. This one is about super rep.

This is what you are looking for right?

http://www.asiakrono.com/omega/seamaster/omega_164.htm

mark76

Uh...the blue on the chrono pusher is just a protective coating...you peel it off...

Well thanks, Tex! I should have know, as it comes on the "real" watches I've bought.... although it's usually on the bracelet and not just one button of the watch.

mark76

Mark, if you don't mind, please open a different topic. This one is about super rep.

This is what you are looking for right?

http://www.asiakrono.com/omega/seamaster/omega_164.htm

Openened "......Continuing Seamaster Topic from other Topic" Thread

Thanks, that's the one. At a much better price, too. Have you ordered from them? Thanks for the re-direct... I'm on the other topic thread now.

Member X
You know this is much more helpful! I do know how to ask the dealers. I actually have no problem emailing all 10 dealers at one time. :-) My question is to help all of us to save time. If I know which dealer has what I want, I can just go straight to him/her.

Now, you could also say, as being helpful, "Inventory and supply vary. It's best you check with a few dealers on the specific rep you want. One dealer has a particular rep today but may not have it tomorrow."

Just checked in... are we still doing this?

Ok, for complete clarity and so no-one misses it in this long thread...

I am not adding dealers to the list of Super Reps

because

Dealers do not hold stock

and

All of the Trusted Dealers shop in the same place - between them they can all get all the watches available on the market.

So...

- Choose the Trusted Dealer you like.

- Send them an email asking if they can get the watch you want.

- Include a picture of the gen or rep you like (to help them identify what you are looking for).

- They will tell you if they can get it for you.

If they can't get it...

- email another Trusted Dealer to check if they can get it.

- If they also can't get it, choose another Trusted Dealer and ask them.

- If none of the Trusted Dealers can get a replica of the watch you like, it is not made (or is made very badly).

That sums up the way it is and the way it will remain.

:)

gran

Super thread :Jumpy:

DFH

I have to throw the new Noob Factory PAM 127 in to the Super Rep Ring... The new Fiddy is simply stunning, with an attention to detail never before seen on this model. I have collected every evolution of the Fiddy rep since 2004, and this one is truly something special. Even the strap was done right - has to be one of the best quality rep straps I have seen - really surprised me. Toro posted a great thread comparing this version to previous versions - definitely worth a read/view. I have the new 243L (Noob Version) coming soon, and from what I have seen and read here on the boards - its definitely another contender. Rumors are that he next Noob venture will be to get the PAM 305 right - N Factory apparently has a guy who is damn close to reproducing the P 9000 movement - which will undoubtedly raise the bar with respect to most of the entry level PAMs - it also probably means that until this movement is completed, we may not see many more 1st time production entries in the Panerai range.

As for the point about giving answers vs. providing info - Luthier has it correct (as he usually does). Part of the fun of this rep game is getting to know the products, the history, and the possibilities. I have studied Panerai watches for decades - my Grandfather was a fan and had a 30's era Panerai/Rolex hybrid that peaked my curiosity and I have been a fan ever since. I have a couple of gens, and love collecting high quality reps. That said - the amount of knowledge and info that exists in these forums - and from the members themselves have been invaluable and have made reap collecting a true passion and not just a fly-by-night hobby. Noobs have to do their own work and research, do trial and error purchasing, take their chance posting their findings (taking the prerequisite crap and comments that go along with them) and thus become contributing memners of the forum themselves over time - cycle of knowledge, my friends...

Cheers!

ogc313

Being a noob myself I think this is an awesome thread! Hope that it continues to be updated! :)

Just my '2 cents', shouldn't the 42mm UPO be on here? Unless it completely stops being produced due to the factory seizes :/

bjornjonas

Rolex Daytona (vintage seconds-at-9 versions from Yuki or David Wong (DW) or Speedmaster)

Is there a link to images/specs price + sellers of this? sounds interesting but after only 2 days on the forum i dont know Yuki DW or SM ;)

also have yet to find the option to get a pm when replies are posted in thread so a pm would be much appriciated !

best

/b

Member X

PMs are accessed by clicking on the name of the person that you wish to message, then going to 'Send Message to xxxxxx' when their information screen opens up :)

DW has pretty much given up on the forums or any kind of decent Trusted Dealer service and so he has been removed. I understand he may still be selling on ebay, though, but buyer beware! I will have to update the listing at some point.

Personally I am not sure how to contact Yuki, but if you search for 'yuki' then you should be able to find something ;):D

Member X

Thank you muchly, kind sir! :):thumbsup: