Sign in to follow this  
FredBouchard

IWC big pilot

FredBouchard

there are many posts about who makes the best subs, and while they definitely deserve their notoriety, I'm more interested in who makes the best 5004. for me there's no better watch than the BP and i'd very much like to pick up a nice one with super lume, 28,000 vph, 1:1 markings/dial, and possibly functional PR

-fred

-PS: I've been through all the TDs

-PPS: does anyone make the Muhammad Ali edition?

Wriggles

Have you emailed the TD's or just checked the websites of those that have them??

Websites are not always up to date depending on TD, and TD's like Mary & Rochest at WatchInternational have a great rep for getting you the rep you want just by giving them a picture and details of what you're after.

Don't know a huge amount about the BP except I will get one at some point, what I do know is that models with the functional PR have an incorrect date wheel (sunken) whereas the better date wheel is on the one with the faux PR (ie non functional)

FredBouchard

Have you emailed the TD's or just checked the websites of those that have them??

Websites are not always up to date depending on TD, and TD's like Mary & Rochest at WatchInternational have a great rep for getting you the rep you want just by giving them a picture and details of what you're after.

Don't know a huge amount about the BP except I will get one at some point, what I do know is that models with the functional PR have an incorrect date wheel (sunken) whereas the better date wheel is on the one with the faux PR (ie non functional)

No, i haven't sent any e-mails as of yet; I'd rather not waste all of their time just answering to my emails, i'd like to have somewhat of a narrowed list or a push in the right direction know what i mean?

Guyute

Email [email protected] with what you're looking for and they will let you know if the specific watch you want is available.

Wriggles

No, i haven't sent any e-mails as of yet; I'd rather not waste all of their time just answering to my emails, i'd like to have somewhat of a narrowed list or a push in the right direction know what i mean?

You won't be wasting their time, all you're doing is giving them a description of what you are after and they'll let you know if they can get it or not. It's part of being a dealer. Guyute has seconded what I said, Mary & Rochest at WI are probably the best bet, they have a reputation for finding watches no-one else seems to get.

All you do is email them a description of what you want and with a picture if you have one, they'll tell you if it can be sourced and how much

JohnPilot

there are many posts about who makes the best subs, and while they definitely deserve their notoriety, I'm more interested in who makes the best 5004. for me there's no better watch than the BP and i'd very much like to pick up a nice one with super lume, 28,000 vph, 1:1 markings/dial, and possibly functional PR

-fred

-PS: I've been through all the TDs

-PPS: does anyone make the Muhammad Ali edition?

Gen has 21600 beats per hour!

mysterio

Email the TDs, they won't complain. ;) I got my IWC 500402 grey dial with faux PR from Kuvarsit and it looks great! :D