Sign in to follow this  
mitchbaria

Questions about RWG watch

grb

My own opinion for what it's worth is that no one will get scammed even if it costs Luthier money.

This is about self esteem and there is nothing wrong with that, anyone who pays for a watch will receive one.

George's pride won't let anyone down, the RWI watch is a way of enhancing his public persona and again it's his money and there's nothing wrong with that

greg_r

My own opinion for what it's worth is that no one will get scammed even if it costs Luthier money.

This is about self esteem and there is nothing wrong with that, anyone who pays for a watch will receive one.

George's pride won't let anyone down, the RWI watch is a way of enhancing his public persona and again it's his money and there's nothing wrong with that

^^^ this ^^^

myaz

....... finished and ready to be drop ;) shipped......

:lmao2:

oscarmadfish

these places like dramas and lots of times drama is created when there is no drama there at all ? well it makes sense to me lol but then again i am a fish - and not a very sane fish :shark:

solkryssare

All I know is that when I get the watch, I'll remember meeting George (and all the other awesome peeps) in London. I'll remember the idea coming to life and I'll remember all the work, drawings and brain storms that followed. When it all comes down to it, that's all that matters to me really and what I will think every single time I look at the watch.

That and Oscar :giggle:

greg_r

:lol: @ Oscar

Yup. No drama as far as I'm concerned. Honestly looking forward to seeing George bring this to a successful conclusion, which I am sure he will :)

oscarmadfish

All I know is that when I get the watch, I'll remember meeting George (and all the other awesome peeps) in London. I'll remember the idea coming to life and I'll remember all the work, drawings and brain storms that followed. When it all comes down to it, that's all that matters to me really and what I will think every single time I look at the watch.

That and Oscar :giggle:

dont be thinking of me in that onze bum stabbing way Sol

Yup. No drama as far as I'm concerned. Honestly looking forward to seeing George bring this to a successful conclusion, which I am sure he will :)

+ 100

digger2

I feel a bit like Sol and even if I didn't take part in the development I was there when it was first discussed in London.

I will have my black and blue regardless of if there will be more made but it still would feel great if it was kept as a limited edition for the initial model.

I’m also confident that George will pull this through.

fatarms

....... finished and ready to be drop ;) shipped......

:lmao2:

Yeah, that made me laugh too :lol:

mitchbaria

That sounds like the vote of confidence i was looking for.... I like Luth and he does bring a certain level of intensity to the discussions at RWI that could probably only be rivaled by baldrick! lol I couldn't imagine having those two on the same board,,, I'm sure there are some classics here with those two going at each other..... anyway,,,, no harm, no foul.... I just wanted to make sure before I threw my hat in the ring...... Thanks Guys...

gB.
:popcorn:

SSTEEL

+1k

I can also confirm, having been in contact with George, he confirmed that those who are on the list of 300 will 100% get their watches. After payment of course :)

Edited by SSTEEL

oscarmadfish

i have my QC pics = sorry cant post them = board rules :giggle:

gtwc

Well what about the box?

So far no piccies re: the box.

We want box pics.

:giggle:

gB.
Well what about the box?

We want box pics.

Oh, this could so go to Section 8 if it wasn't for the damn rulez...

:lol:

greg_r

Well what about the box?

We want box pics.

c4hamster box.jpeg

DG335

Love these RWG watch threads...like expectant fathers waiting outside the delivery suite not quite knowing whether its a boy or a girl or whether the postman got in first.....

Never seen the fascination in a watch that looks like I could buy it I'm Argos.

My HO. ;-)

oscarmadfish

is Argos on the TD list ?

DG335

They take kettles back but no paypal

oscarmadfish

They take kettles back but no paypal

mitchbaria

Last I heard about this watch until today noticing the thread about the RWI watch was Luth saying the dial factory was sending ninjas to kill him. Can't imagine why he'd be considering any further projects, God I'd be sick of watch building if I was him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greg_r

Luth has no objection to ninjas - they just get lightly grated and added to his breakfast cereal... ;)

myaz

.... was Luth saying the dial factory was sending ninjas to kill him.

The man is a dedicated superb artist in real life and it looks like he doesn't want his name on a design that falls short.....

good for us.....bad for any ulcers that may give him.

mitchbaria

After hearing you guys out I've now added my two cents and a few cents of yours as well to the thread over at RWI concerning the RWI watch. You'll be glad to know that Luth thanked me and also stated that he has decided to stay with the original plan of 300 for the RWG watch to retain its exclusiveness...I've wished him all the best in this and his future projects and will seek a spot here if and when any member decides to change their mind. After this watch is delivered, if and when Luth decides to pursue the construction of a RWI watch I will cast my lot for the first slot available....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mitchbaria

LightGeek

Whatever happens, happens. It's not like we committed to anything other than a reservation.

If the RWI watch comes to fruition, it'll be a knockoff or typo... RWG - RWI. Switzerland-Switzerlnad. Or the "Twenty Five Jewels" -"Tweny Five Jewels".