Sign in to follow this  
fetasigma

My Vintage Daytona's or a spin, 2 DW's, and a cheepie

fetasigma

Since my collection is now complete for my vintage Daytona saga i thought i would share all my vintage pieces with everybody. I have been in love with this watch for ages so i first ordered a spinmaster about 4 months ago and it was the last out of the group to attive. in the meantime i bought 1 M2M dw, and one dw from the man himself(ie why it is at the watchsmith), and an el cheepo from timeshops. love them all and happy to wear them. all are on 7750 platforms

the first to arrive was big red(timeshops),still love the face and the movment just wish i could get a better dial that doesnt bleed into the chapter ring and both spin and DW were at a loss, on thier site it showed one that didnt bleed, but hey i wanted a daytona bad at that point and wentaheadand got it. all chronos work though and it retains the auto caseback so it was a little thick.

null_zpsbfab5158.jpg

null_zpsea9aac27.jpg

I wanted a better Copy and i found this gold beauty from DW on member to member on repgeek. It is a fantastic watch and runs like a top. again all chrono's work and this one fealt like a quality watch, i wear it on occasion becuase i have no idea how thick that gold is and i dont want to wear it off, the subdials almost look like they are a faded brown so it gives it a tropical feel.

null_zpsd9cf53fd.jpg

null_zps5bea150d.jpg

null_zps36ba6165.jpg

Having this beautifull Daytona from DW i decided to give him a try and recived this watch, movment stops and starts, currently at the watchsmith and getting serviced. unfortunatly i only have one picture but i will be getting overhauled so i may change the dial and bezel. bezel on this number fell out and cracked within 24 hours of having the watch too.....wasnt happy but hey its the first bad watch i had ever gotten. Dw is sending me a new bezel as well as the dial i ordered, black with white subdials

null_zps78e56c3b.jpg

and last but definatly not least comes my spinmaster paul newman that i ordered o so long ago with all the upgrades. gen spec crystal, gen crown, and the serviced treatment. this watch is a thing of beauty and runs like a top. wish i could age the face a little but dont want to take it out of the case for fear of messing it up.

null_zps7c55472b.jpg

null_zpscdfd20d0.jpg

and some pictures aff them all together(or at least the ones not at the watchsmith) notice the thicker caseback on the one with autowind(i am leaving it that way unless i get a better dial)

null_zps82caea3d.jpg

null_zpsd01e835e.jpg

enjoy, now getting all the parts together for a 7032 monte carlo

_DC_

Beautiful collection, I want one of the DW gold 6263's so bad but I've heard bad things about DW's reliability!?

DC

1littlegreen

Beautiful collection, I want one of the DW gold 6263's so bad but I've heard bad things about DW's reliability!?

DC

Here's a little story that is current on DW......you decide

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=55028&st=0

_DC_

Yeah I've had the conversation with Baxter, shame as the gold 'tonas are beautiful. There must be another way of getting one other than M2M (nobody say AD lol)!

DC

sardonix

Lovely set of Daytona collection.

Something to be proud of to own :D

1littlegreen

Agreed DC....Jezz missed one this week, and they don't come up M2M at all.

Seems there are a few out there like that, 172, 192, 204 Wempe, SOH V2.....the list goes on...

OP, sorry for the threadcrap....back to our scheduled program.....

alpl

Big Red is looking really sweet -- makes me smile.

fetasigma

I love them all :) it's good fun, I too with there was a better way than dw for the gold version but at least mine is ok. Currently working on a Tudor Monte Carlo too dw at least got all the parts of that right

solkryssare

Love the red one! Well, Iove them all but the red one you don't see very often.

fetasigma

its for thoose days when i need a splash of color ;)

Vibramute64

Love the red dial!