Sign in to follow this  
breitman

AP rotor screw

breitman

I did a quick search and could not find any thread which matches my explicit question.

I believe the rotor screw may be loose on my AP ROO Montauk Highway because it does not sound like the rotor is moving freely within the case; I can hear the rotor rubbing against metal and immediately stopping 1 out of 5 times when i pivot the watch, otherwise the rotor is not moving at all (based on lack of audible feedback). From what I have been reading, tightening down the rotor screw should address the issue.

My questions are:

1. Is this a simple task which I can complete myself? I have ordered the RWG tool kit to have the proper blades to safely take off the case back and tighten the rotor screw.
  2. Is there anything specific I should do when putting everything back together (grease the case back, loctitie the threads of the AP case back screws, etc...)?
  3. Is there any additional tasks I should complete while I have the case back off?

Thanks for your help,

Breitman

Xebryus

If you're doing a simple fix of screwing the rotor back in, it's the simplest tast there is. You should do it ASAP though, because it that screw manages to pop out and lodge itself in the mainspring, that'll cause some serious damage. Just unscrew the caseback screws, pop it off, tighten down the rotor screw and assemble back up. Just make sure you're in a clean dust free environment and try not to touch much in there.

breitman

Will do. I read through the post about finding a lost screw in a 7750 and am not looking forward to taking this project to that level.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

breitman

Rotor screw was tight. I had to back all the screws out one full turn before the rotor stopped rubbing.

I figure I can just lpctite the threads in the backed out state, but is there a better solution?

Abagnale

i had the same issue with my safari. after a very bad experience with a 15300 it's already the second ap with clearence problems on the caseback.

cheers

breitman

@Amperes, what was you solution your two rotor clearance issues?

I assume backing off the screws and applying thread locker to them to retain them in the backed out state?