Sign in to follow this  
P_Diddy

Watch Winder

P_Diddy

Which is the best site for quality watch winder at reasonable price ie less than $100?

Edited by P_Diddy

KBH

There's no such thing, ya cheap bastard. :blink:

Spend a little more and get an Acetimer.

oscarmadfish
There's no such thing, ya cheap bastard. :rofl:

Spend a little more and get an Acetimer.

:lol::lmao2: :lmao:

KBH

Interesting find. Perfect if you're looking for a winder for one watch. Get's rather expensive when you put 4 of them together though. I'll stick to my 4 watch Acetimer which also has display slots for 5 more watches.

I bought one of the cheapies that D4m did a write up on a few months ago and wasn't impressed with it at all. Gave it to my Bro-in-law and don't know if it still works or not. It ran on a little motor and a big o-ring.

trailboss99

Thing is with Ace they won't wind a 7750, these will. No comparison in build quality, these are a tank.

The price is actualy very very good compared to every other top notch winder on the market.

Col.

Luthier
Thing is with Ace they won't wind a 7750, these will. No comparison in build quality, these are a tank.

The price is actualy very very good compared to every other top notch winder on the market.

Col.

Col., what's the problem with Acetimer/A7750?

Why?

KBH

Col.

Col., what's the problem with Acetimer/A7750?

Why?

The Acetimer's rotate in both directions so at the highest number of 1000 turns a day, it only rotates the 7750 500 times in the right direction. It's just a little less than what's necessary to keep them wound. For 4 or 5 days it'll work fine. After about a week they will lose charge.

Generally it takes at least 650 turns per day minimum to wind a watch.

P_Diddy

is there a link on this board to other watch winders makes ?

P_Diddy

Boxy Amazon review

....No comparison in build quality, these are a tank.

Col.

Luthier
The Acetimer's rotate in both directions so at the highest number of 1000 turns a day, it only rotates the 7750 500 times in the right direction. It's just a little less than what's necessary to keep them wound. For 4 or 5 days it'll work fine. After about a week they will lose charge.

Thanks for explanation, KBH!!!

Maybe I can change the rotation cycle on Acetimer? Actually, I have only 5-6 watches with A7750, so, I don't think it's the problem.

KBH

Thanks for explanation, KBH!!!

Maybe I can change the rotation cycle on Acetimer? Actually, I have only 5-6 watches with A7750, so, I don't think it's the problem.

If you figure out how be sure to post a tutorial on it. I was thinking it might be possible also to double up the low setting of 650 tpd, which would make 1300 tpd, or 650 in the right direction for the 7750s. You'd have to know some electronics though.

Luthier

I do know "some" electronic, spent all my childhood and youth with soldering iron, making my own short waves transmitters/recievers and amplifiers. Ofcourse, nowadays everything is different, but I have plenty of friends, who are on the top of electronic industry.

Worth to try.

P_Diddy

Is this one any good?

Tutelary Watch Winder

What's the reasonable life expectancy if you run one EVERY day?

AllergyDoc

Zed says he's replaced the motors on watch winders, as well as some other mods. Maybe we can get him to elaborate? :D