Sign in to follow this  
Mirage

TimerWalker Dual Carbon Crystal Swap - AR included!

Mirage

Well as some of you know, I found a crystal from a A7753 Timewalker with AR and was planning to install it on my dual Carbon TW. Everthing went very smooth and took less than 30minutes, picture taking included.

Looking at the crystals side by side I was not too sure about the result. The AR seemed ok but not impressive. To my great surprise the final result is stunning. I immediately went and pulled my IWC top gun 3799 that is known for a great AR out from the box, and I honnestly think that this ARis better. It has a light green hue.

AR'ed Crystal is on the right

ocn5BMY.jpg

eTnsu4w.jpg

So here is how I did this and how it turned out:

1 - Following advices from members on here I used a sharp tool covered with tape to lift the bezel. It was a lot easier than I thought.

D6BLTDL.jpg

RliKtVL.jpg

2 - I used my bare finger to pop out the crystal from the bezel. Once again, It required very little pressure and was easy.

hlFWGG9.jpg

AGBZE4O.jpg

3 - The installation was pretty straight forward. All seals seamed to be intact and the crystal sits perfertly where it needs to be. Here is the final result:

Before 1:

GIGbumj.jpg

After 1:

6XrKjNR.jpg

Before 2:

myB2fkG.jpg

After 2:

w2Fk7x0.jpg

IczjUqv.jpg

BQDzABg.jpg

elconquistador

Holy fuck. Good AR makes all the difference. I have sold several watches that did not do it for me because the lack of AR made the dial unseeable.

Congrats.

I would have kept my 7750 rose gold Timewalker if it had any AR. Instead sold it and got a silver ceramic dial 7753. While I appreciate the non sunken date, the rose gold was effin awesome.

italiano17771

Amazing! AR makes all the difference in my opinion. Great work. Where did you get the crystal?

bigbang78

Amazing! AR makes all the difference in my opinion. Great work. Where did you get the crystal?

+1

E.R.

Very well done!

Looks good.

I'll gonna give it shot also!

Pharmo

Loving the after pictures mate - must admit AR is amazing!

TheSav

That is a very noticeable improvement. Great before and after pics too.

bigbang78

+1

bump

LightGeek

+1

bump

?

Mirage

I got the replacement crystal from Mary, but it was kind of hard to find.

late

How is the date wheel on yours? Mine is actually flush unlike every other a7750 i own

LightGeek
How is the date wheel on yours? Mine is actually flush unlike every other a7750 i own

Flush as well.

HarleyMo
I got the replacement crystal from Mary, but it was kind of hard to find.

Every TD Ive asked can't get it

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ using Tapatalk 4

lefty1986

Nice work! May i know where u get ur mont blanc from ??:-)

elconquistador

This 2x AR sapphire crystal might fit. I have one that I got as a replacement for a 44mm pilot, when I place it on top of my 7753 timewalker it looks to be the same size.

http://www.helenarou.com/replacement-double-ar-sapphire-crystal-for-44mm-buhr-wat44.html

Comparing the AR, they are close, but the helenaru one has a blue tint while the TW one has a green tint.

If you really want to do this, pop out your crystal, measure it and If the dimensions are the same order one.

Or if Mirage still has the old one he could measure it for you.

HarleyMo
This 2x AR sapphire crystal might fit. I have one that I got as a replacement for a 44mm pilot, when I place it on top of my 7753 timewalker it looks to be the same size.

http://www.helenarou.com/replacement-double-ar-sapphire-crystal-for-44mm-buhr-wat44.html

Comparing the AR, they are close, but the helenaru one has a blue tint while the TW one has a green tint.

If you really want to do this, pop out your crystal, measure it and If the dimensions are the same order one.

Or if Mirage still has the old one he could measure it for you.

That's fantastic. Mirage, do you have the I'll one to measure. If not I'm up for trying to get mine out

Thanks Elconquistador

late

Careful with these; my bezel popped off with a little pressure from my fingernail. Now i'm afraid i'm gonna lose it somewhere.

Mirage

Ok Guys! And the verdict is:

Rep Crystal for MB timewalker with A7750 and A7753 is:

Diameter: 38.01 mm

Thickness: 1.35 mm

So the one here above referenced will not fit...

elconquistador

I measured the crystal I have and it is 38.48mm by 1.2mm. Don't know if a thinner gasket could make it work.

Mirage

I doubt it, Your crystal is larger. Therefore you would need to trim it down to size. I dont know if this can be done though...

LightGeek

Oh AR, how do I love thee...

u8ura9ev.jpg

HarleyMo

u8ura9ev.jpg

Oh stop rubbing it in :(

Mirage

u8ura9ev.jpg

What a difference it makes! How do you like it? I have yet been able to capture the true effect of this AR crystal on the watch in a picture.

LightGeek

u8ura9ev.jpg

What a difference it makes! How do you like it? I have yet been able to capture the true effect of this AR crystal on the watch in a picture.

Oh hahaha I thought this was my AR post :) looks like I posted wrong. Same difference -- people will see it heh.

micmic123

Where can get the AR crystal.... I have the same watch, and want to upgrade the crystal. ...